Boris Johnson news – live: DUP dismisses Brexit

Started by Borchester, October 16, 2019, 03:04:25 PM

« previous - next »

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=832 time=1571238617 user_id=54
Quote from: Cassie post_id=830 time=1571237696 user_id=57

The EU knows that Parliament has BJ by the short and curlies. They know he needs the DUP onboard to get the ERG to vote for a deal. He has said he'd sooner be found dead in a ditch than ask for an extension, he's going to ask for that soon if he doesn't get a deal, so the EU is playing hardball. BJ is stuffed and everyone who wanted Brexit is stuffed - unless BJ has something up his sleeve, which I doubt.

Good grief - that puts us back where we started. :shock:

Pretty much. The can will be kicked down the road. I don't know what they are hoping to achieve by all of this, the country is going to the dogs as they play games in Parliament.

taking no-deal off the table was the worst thing they could have done to get a good deal. We all know they don't want a deal, just to remain.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=830 time=1571237696 user_id=57
Quote from: T00ts post_id=826 time=1571236456 user_id=54
I went out this morning feeling hopeful and I get back just now to discover it's all gone back in the melting pot. What is everyone playing at?

The EU knows that Parliament has BJ by the short and curlies. They know he needs the DUP onboard to get the ERG to vote for a deal. He has said he'd sooner be found dead in a ditch than ask for an extension, he's going to ask for that soon if he doesn't get a deal, so the EU is playing hardball. BJ is stuffed and everyone who wanted Brexit is stuffed - unless BJ has something up his sleeve, which I doubt.

Good grief - that puts us back where we started. :shock:

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=826 time=1571236456 user_id=54
I went out this morning feeling hopeful and I get back just now to discover it's all gone back in the melting pot. What is everyone playing at?

T00ts

Cassie

To be fair, they have never said they'd agreed to this deal. After a meeting last night Foster said there was a long way to go.

Borchester

breakthrough 'nonsense' as government braces for humiliating extension request letter

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-brexit-deal-delay-today-latest-arcuri-investigation-a9157836.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 57836.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-brexit-deal-delay-today-latest-arcuri-investigation-a9157836.html

Well that is £10 billions wasted. That is the problem with the Micks, they lack the decency to stay bought. Or the wit to realise that is what Boris wants.
Algerie Francais !