Yet more proof.

Started by Nick, November 29, 2023, 06:52:55 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 23, 2024, 10:09:15 AMWe can be sure to what extent we can rely on past measurements of temperature because the instruments used to take them were calibrated.  Plus we probably have some of those same instruments still kicking around and can directly compare them.
Even if we accept that thermometers were reasonably accurate in the 1800's, the air pressure was different then, that changes what we are comparing as today's equipment is digital.
Also, the amount of monitoring stations in the 1800's was far less than today, this gives us a error due to the very low resolution.
There is not a chance in hell that we are seeing an accurate view of a 1 degree increase over 150 years.
If you went to court with the evidence that you have it would be thrown out.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 23, 2024, 10:05:59 AM
So you are proposing the GPS system can somehow selectively decide the accuracy of an individual receiver?  How would such a system work? 

I see, and what is the most likely explanation for the GPS signal being inaccurate in a country with a long known ability to jam and spoof GPS signal, at war with an opponent using GPS guided drones to strike deep inside territory?

(As an aside, given I missed this, I'd have thought, as UK citizen, going to Russia would be risky least one ends up as a bargaining chip on a trumped up charge)
No, the system works by the US adding an error to GPS and they only issue the correction to allies, it's a very simple system.

As for Russia, I went twice: once in Nov 2022 and again in January 2023. The proof is on this website in the form of a video.

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 23, 2024, 09:52:49 AM
Yes, I am claiming that 500kt of building collapsing 100m away caused some structural damage to WTC7 (and destroyed the fire suppression system)

That is unarguable.

And is that what NIST says?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

BeElBeeBub

We still haven't got to some of the core issues

Why can Nick assert O3 can drive temperatures whilst CO2 doesn't?

Why can Nick point to a record and say there is no evidence CO2 led temperature as evidence CO2 never led temperature as conclusive but also point to the same records that do not show any sharp temperature rises and say that is not conclusive because maybe it did happen and we couldn't see it.

It's also notable that a main string of argument by Nick and Scott is attacking the source of the evidence and saying the evidence is false.

BeElBeeBub

To get back to where we were before we wandered off topic on to GPS and WTC conspiracy territory (and people wonder why I am sometimes reminded of flat earth theories)

We can be sure to what extent we can rely on past measurements of temperature because the instruments used to take them were calibrated.  Plus we probably have some of those same instruments still kicking around and can directly compare them.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on June 23, 2024, 05:43:02 AM
You do know that there are many GPS satellites and just cause you don't see an error doesn't mean others don't. 
So you are proposing the GPS system can somehow selectively decide the accuracy of an individual receiver?  How would such a system work?  

QuoteIf you recall I was working in Russia last year and I can assure you that GPS there is wildly inaccurate.
I see, and what is the most likely explanation for the GPS signal being inaccurate in a country with a long known ability to jam and spoof GPS signal, at war with an opponent using GPS guided drones to strike deep inside territory? 

(As an aside, given I missed this, I'd have thought, as UK citizen, going to Russia would be risky least one ends up as a bargaining chip on a trumped up charge)

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on June 23, 2024, 08:44:19 AM
Well, WTC7 was also different from the leaning tower of Pisa, so what is your point?  And why is it relevant that WTC1/2 fell next to it?  Are you going to claim they caused structural damage?
Yes, I am claiming that 500kt of building collapsing 100m away caused some structural damage to WTC7 (and destroyed the fire suppression system)

That is unarguable.

Why don't you go and read the report and the FAQ that probably answers most of your questions (unless you don't want answers)

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on June 22, 2024, 11:42:02 PM
What's this?  The IPCC spreading bullshit?  What a surprise.  I'm sure expert Beelzebub can explain it.

"While working on a paper using CERES satellite data, I discovered that the latest IPCC Report grossly misrepresented CERES observations of reflected solar and outgoing LW radiation."

https://x.com/NikolovScience/status/1804197585143447870
I'd like to ask you what you think it means (the graphs shown by Nikolov & Zeller).  If the trends are as they interpreted - what does that mean for the planet - warmer? Colder?

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 23, 2024, 08:06:38 AM
Grenfell and WTC7 were different constructions and one didn't have a skyscraper dropped next to it.

Well, WTC7 was also different from the leaning tower of Pisa, so what is your point?  And why is it relevant that WTC1/2 fell next to it?  Are you going to claim they caused structural damage?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on June 22, 2024, 11:37:58 PM
No, all the confusion is yours.  I never mentioned WTC1 or WTC2.  We were comparing WTC7 with Grenfell, which you claimed was completely different.  But as usual, you're going to backtrack and lie about making mistakes.
Grenfell and WTC7 were different constructions and one didn't have a skyscraper dropped next to it.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 22, 2024, 09:28:15 PM
The 42nd president of the USA, https://clintonwhitehouse3.archives.gov/WH/EOP/OSTP/html/0053_2.html

Plus the then commerce secretary,
https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/sa/daley/

The then NASA administrator
https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/sa/goldin/

And since 2007 the newer states don't even have the functionality built in.
https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2007/09/20070918-2.html

You can go and check the accuracy yourself.

Go to an OS reference point and check what coordinates your GPS receiver gives you.

Of course, "you can never prove a negative" - so maybe there is some secret backdoor they can use to mess with the signal.

Of course with so much of modern life now reliant on an accurate and reliable GPS signal, the moment they do it would immediately become obvious as systems around the world crashed and glitched.

But better keep that tinfoil hat on just in case
You do know that there are many GPS satellites and just cause you don't see an error doesn't mean others don't. If you recall I was working in Russia last year and I can assure you that GPS there is wildly inaccurate. 

Scott777

What's this?  The IPCC spreading bullshit?  What a surprise.  I'm sure expert Beelzebub can explain it.

"While working on a paper using CERES satellite data, I discovered that the latest IPCC Report grossly misrepresented CERES observations of reflected solar and outgoing LW radiation."

https://x.com/NikolovScience/status/1804197585143447870

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 22, 2024, 07:03:08 PM
You seem to be confusing WTC1 & 2 (the "twin towers") with WTC7 (the small one nobody remembers).

WTC7 collapsed after being hit by WTC1 and burning for 7 hours.

WTC1 & 2 had steel cores which were fireproofed with spray on insulation and essentially very thick plasterboard. This was easily dislodged by a jet crashing into them.

An hour or intense fuel fire would easily have softened the steel to the point of collapse because jet fuel fire can soften steel beams.

Grenfell was an entirely different construction with reinforced concrete columns which are considerably more fire resistant.

No, all the confusion is yours.  I never mentioned WTC1 or WTC2.  We were comparing WTC7 with Grenfell, which you claimed was completely different.  But as usual, you're going to backtrack and lie about making mistakes.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on June 22, 2024, 07:38:48 PM
Shock, you are massively naive that you think this control mechanism has been removed. Who told you this was removed?
The 42nd president of the USA, https://clintonwhitehouse3.archives.gov/WH/EOP/OSTP/html/0053_2.html

Plus the then commerce secretary,
https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/sa/daley/

The then NASA administrator
https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/sa/goldin/

And since 2007 the newer states don't even have the functionality built in.
https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2007/09/20070918-2.html

You can go and check the accuracy yourself.

Go to an OS reference point and check what coordinates your GPS receiver gives you.

Of course, "you can never prove a negative" - so maybe there is some secret backdoor they can use to mess with the signal.

Of course with so much of modern life now reliant on an accurate and reliable GPS signal, the moment they do it would immediately become obvious as systems around the world crashed and glitched.

But better keep that tinfoil hat on just in case