Yet more proof.

Started by Nick, November 29, 2023, 06:52:55 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 06, 2024, 06:57:42 AM
I'm sorry nick, this just shows you don't understand the science.

The *only* way the planet loses the heat it gains from the sun is by radiating it away into space.
The makeup of the atmosphere determines how much this occurs.

The daily temp variations show the atmosphere does help the earth retain heat.

As you point out, the earth has a daily temp variations of 10C or so (20C in some parts)

Mars, with much less atmospheres sees variations of 90C

The moon with no atmosphere can vary by 300C

The decrease in longwave IR radiation from earth as co2 increased has been directly observed.

Humans have reduced the amount of energy the earth can reject, so the temperature must rise until a new equilibrium is met.

The new equilibrium will have different climate patterns to now and the transition to it will be extraordinary disruptive to our civilization.
All you have done is state exactly what I said, the the earth heats up and then cools down, where have I said that this doesn't happen?
This is not my science, this is from the NY Times, it is actually scientific evidence. 
Another experiment they did was heat a large container of CO2 with IR, the CO2 lost all its gained heat in 3 minutes 45 seconds, this is science not theory: that's why real experimental science does not have peer reviews, it doesn't need them because it is actual real world measurements. 
To use an analogy that Ricky Gervais came out with about religion: if all the scientific books and all the Global Warming theories were destroyed, in time all the scientific books would return in exactly the same form, because all the experiments would be repeated and the same results would be observed. All the theories about CO2 and global warming would return in a totally different form, because all the climate models and theories would be different. 
But CO2 would still lag temperature by about 800 years. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2024, 10:19:57 AM
The fact remains that the Earths temperature has been rising and falling for millions of years, without any human interference as you like to believe.

And the big issue you have with the anthropogenic theory is that everything we are seeing has been seen many many times before, long before we started using fossil fuels.
Yes the earth's temperature has naturally  risen and fallen many times in *earth's* hidtory.  Sometimes to much more extreme levels than now (or predicted).

That fact is missing the point 

The changes we are now seeing are the most extreme in *human* history.  The entire pattern of human civilization is built on the climate. Look at global population distribution. There are lots of people where the temperatures and rainfall are conducive to human habitation and little where it isn't.  Now imagine what would happen if SE Asia became too hot and the monsoons failed? What if the grain belt of the US became a desert like Arizona?  What if N Europe's climate shifted to be more like that if other parts of the world at the same latitude, like Newfoundland?

How much will that affect our economy?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on June 04, 2024, 08:47:35 PM
And what caused it?
Look up Lake Agassiz

The flood that may have contributed to doggerland's submersion was causes when the last of the ice shelf around Hudson bay melted 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2024, 07:47:13 AM
I disagree with all of it, and the science is there to prove it.

So the big question that your complete argument hinges on is:

Do gases retain some trace amount of temperature from day to day?
You can check The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration website, it provides a high for the day and a low for the next morning. The temperature drops were take from various locations in the States, with an average drop from 26.6 to 14.4 degrees Celsius. The drops are from many samples taken in winter, so it proves that the temperature drops at a steady rate when the Sun goes down and if it didn't come back up the Earth would be frozen in about 48hrs (dropping 12.2 degrees every 12 hours). This shows that temperature is not retained from day to day (Global Warming) and any prolonged warming is caused by the Sun. It further proves that Carbon Dioxide, Methane and Water Vapour do NOT retain heat from day to day.
I'm sorry nick, this just shows you don't understand the science.

The *only* way the planet loses the heat it gains from the sun is by radiating it away into space.
The makeup of the atmosphere determines how much this occurs.

The daily temp variations show the atmosphere does help the earth retain heat. 

As you point out, the earth has a daily temp variations of 10C or so (20C in some parts)

Mars, with much less atmospheres sees variations of 90C

The moon with no atmosphere can vary by 300C

The decrease in longwave IR radiation from earth as co2 increased has been directly observed.

Humans have reduced the amount of energy the earth can reject, so the temperature must rise until a new equilibrium is met.

The new equilibrium will have different climate patterns to now and the transition to it will be extraordinary disruptive to our civilization.

papasmurf

Rate of global warming caused by humans at an all-time high
CategoryEnvironment news
Date5 June 2024

Rate of global warming caused by humans at an all-time high | University of Leeds  Live links at link.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 30, 2024, 02:38:46 PM
An excellent question and one that illustrates my point exactly.

Doggerland was inundated as the global temperature increased and ice sheets melted.  A possible sudden release of an enormous melt water lake in N America may have payed a part.

The impact on the peoples who lived there was (as you can imagine) catastrophic.

Noe the global temperatures then were lower than today (though warmer than the global temps at the start of the industrial revolution)

There is also another side to it that nobody seems to mention, and that is the tectonic plates. When you lose a massive weight on a plate it rises, and that means due to the seesaw effect the other end goes down. It is possible that Doggerland dropped to meet the rising water.
The fact remains that the Earths temperature has been rising and falling for millions of years, without any human interference as you like to believe.

And the big issue you have with the anthropogenic theory is that everything we are seeing has been seen many many times before, long before we started using fossil fuels. 

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 30, 2024, 02:38:46 PM

Doggerland was inundated as the global temperature increased and ice sheets melted.  A possible sudden release of an enormous melt water lake in N America may have payed a part.

The impact on the peoples who lived there was (as you can imagine) catastrophic.

And what caused it?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2024, 06:54:20 PM
Stop your pathetic and childish empty posts and post a response to the actual real life science that I posted or you WILL be taking a holiday.
Nick it is by now VERY obvious you know eff all about climate change. It is a very complex multidisciplinary subject.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2024, 06:41:51 PM
Did did not learn much then.  (Climate change study needs a multi disciplinary degree, post graduate) :-

MSc/PGDip/PGCert Climate Change and Development (Online) | SOAS
Stop your pathetic and childish empty posts and post a response to the actual real life science that I posted or you WILL be taking a holiday. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2024, 05:57:51 PM
I got a B in A-Level Physics, I understand perfectly. What I also understand is that you only give answers akin to a 12 year old. Either give a reasonable debate or go and play with your LEGO.
Did did not learn much then.  (Climate change study needs a multi disciplinary degree, post graduate) :- 

MSc/PGDip/PGCert Climate Change and Development (Online) | SOAS

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2024, 11:02:21 AM
The problem is your lack of understanding of science and it takes a lot of study so trying to debate climate change with you is a waste of time.
I got a B in A-Level Physics, I understand perfectly. What I also understand is that you only give answers akin to a 12 year old. Either give a reasonable debate or go and play with your LEGO. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2024, 09:18:40 AM
Explain what is the problem with the science then?

#Smurfgoesmissing
The problem is your lack of understanding of science and it takes a lot of study so trying to debate climate change with you is a waste of time.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2024, 09:16:05 AM
It is you who don't understand the problem or the science.
Explain what is the problem with the science then?

#Smurfgoesmissing

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2024, 09:02:42 AM
It is a science experiment that has a conclusion, it is not open to opinion. IT IS FACT, and the fact you don't understand it doesn't change that.
It is you who don't understand the problem or the science.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2024, 08:56:57 AM
Nick it is you who don't understand.
It is a science experiment that has a conclusion, it is not open to opinion. IT IS FACT, and the fact you don't understand it doesn't change that.