My eighth Covid vaccination no problems.

Started by papasmurf, April 25, 2024, 12:04:42 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 30, 2024, 10:15:26 AM
I was OK with the Astra zeneca shots of the first and second vaccines but this  Pfizer one they give now has completely wiped me out for months twice so its no more for me

My long covid infection has now thankfully more or less cleared up though its left me with a few issues that i didn't have pre covid  ,Enlarged heart and fluid  in the lungs  being the worst of it . But its all been monitored and things seem to be getting better . I think the most important thing for me is to lose weight rather than any vaccine , Ive put on two stone due to not being as mobile as I was so its off to the gym for me .

Good luck to anyone who can still take the vaccine but for some of us its like agreeing to be ill all over again so its a no from me .
It took me almost two years to regain full mobility

The original atrial fibrillation and lung congestion made it hard to get upstairs in one go

The stroke made it impossible

I could not climb more than two steps before gasping for breath

Eventually a combination of severe diuretics and forced movements alliwed two stairs to become three then four

when i could manage eight i parodied 'Captain Tom' with nightly walks along the flat pavement doing 50 then 100 then 200 metres wearing a blood oximeter which was of little use as my genetic quirk kept me at 92-95% although extremity tissues were literally gasping

the exercise was only possible at night when cold damp air aided oxygen transfer. Walking in warm dry air was impossible

over many months i fought my way bsck, until i could manage the 15% hill to the main road and then i was able to do a four mile walk to my pal's home over the riverand a nine milebike ride.

i have failed to get mych more than that, and the hill walk up to the Legion in Swanage is a serioys challenge requiring trekking poles

i suspect the 33 mile trek to the severn bridge and back is now beyond me as is the Fan Dance although a serial marathon runner in work has offered to walk that with me if i an ever up to it. Sadly my failure walking the route from Plymouth Bus Station to The Hoe and then the Barbican, which almost killed me two years ago, suggests i am buggered

Weight gain is a bitch but the reality of walking up a hill if one is available means mass in kg x gravity 9.81 x height in metres means a fat bastard like me can burn the best part of a calorie climbing a metre. 

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 30, 2024, 10:15:26 AM
I was OK with the Astra zeneca shots of the first and second vaccines but this  Pfizer one they give now has completely wiped me out for months twice so its no more for me

My long covid infection has now thankfully more or less cleared up though its left me with a few issues that i didn't have pre covid  ,Enlarged heart and fluid  in the lungs  being the worst of it . But its all been monitored and things seem to be getting better . I think the most important thing for me is to lose weight rather than any vaccine , Ive put on two stone due to not being as mobile as I was so its off to the gym for me .

Good luck to anyone who can still take the vaccine but for some of us its like agreeing to be ill all over again so its a no from me .
Think I've had 4 jabs, none of which have really knocked me off balance at all. 
However, the wether in Canada is dog 💩. Went out for lunch a few weeks back and it was 18 degrees, left at 5pm and it was -8. What's that all about? Working in Ingersoll at a new GM EV plant making a hideous thing called the BrightDrop, digs in London, don't get me started on the LCBO closing at 8pm. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

I was OK with the Astra zeneca shots of the first and second vaccines but this  Pfizer one they give now has completely wiped me out for months twice so its no more for me 

My long covid infection has now thankfully more or less cleared up though its left me with a few issues that i didn't have pre covid  ,Enlarged heart and fluid  in the lungs  being the worst of it . But its all been monitored and things seem to be getting better . I think the most important thing for me is to lose weight rather than any vaccine , Ive put on two stone due to not being as mobile as I was so its off to the gym for me . 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 29, 2024, 11:45:58 PM

I am, however,taking nine tablets a day of various kinds to stay alive
You are lucky you can get them. Currently about 130 prescription drugs in short supply, effecting around 400000 people. (I am one of them. I am currently under close medical supervision because of it.) 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on April 25, 2024, 03:45:10 PM
Are they still telling everyone how safe and effective they are?
I had 2 AZ jabs in 2020. They must have done a great job as I'm still alive.
Well, as I said here and elsewhere, the AZ Vaccine destroyed the measured ability of warfarin to keep my blood thinned. An INR of 2.5 (meaning the blood took 2.5 times as log to clot as normal) a week before the first shot was all but wiped out when i went for a second clotting factor test a week later despite maintaining the dose.

But a pfizer booster about three months after the second course literally damn near killed me. Invitations to attend for a fourth were met with a blunt invitation to F@@@ right off. Since then i have caught covid a third time and it was barely a sniffle

I am, however,taking nine tablets a day of various kinds to stay alive
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on April 26, 2024, 10:23:13 AM
I don't know where that comes from but it shows influenza and pneumonia is currently 17 times more deadly than Covid.
I posted the link and quoted it. (It is also why I have regular flu vaccinations and I have had a pneumonia vaccination.) 

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on April 26, 2024, 07:28:52 AM
From the link:-

• In the week ending 12 April 2024 (Week 15), 14.3% of registered deaths involved influenza or pneumonia (1,766 deaths), while 0.8% involved coronavirus (COVID-19) (104 deaths).
I don't know where that comes from but it shows influenza and pneumonia is currently 17 times more deadly than Covid.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 26, 2024, 08:58:16 AM
You can assume I look at the data.
And as I said, the data doesn't say whether they died with Covid or from it, just that it was involved.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 26, 2024, 08:43:03 AM
Seeing as they are being vague, we can assume that it is people who have the virus at the time of death, not killed by the virus.
Same as if I have a newspaper under my arm and get hit by a bus, the newspaper has zero to do with my death.
You can assume I look at the data.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 26, 2024, 07:28:52 AM

• In the week ending 12 April 2024 (Week 15), 14.3% of registered deaths involved influenza or pneumonia (1,766 deaths), while 0.8% involved coronavirus (COVID-19) (104 deaths).
Seeing as they are being vague, we can assume that it is people who have the virus at the time of death, not killed by the virus.
Same as if I have a newspaper under my arm and get hit by a bus, the newspaper has zero to do with my death.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2024, 10:10:22 PM
Deaths from Covid or Deaths with Covid?

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2024, 03:41:28 PM
I think it's run its course, not a pun. If it was going to get you, you'd be dead by now.
Still around 100 deaths a week:-  Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

Barry

Are they still telling everyone how safe and effective they are?
I had 2 AZ jabs in 2020. They must have done a great job as I'm still alive.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

I think it's run its course, not a pun. If it was going to get you, you'd be dead by now.