My eighth Covid vaccination no problems.

Started by papasmurf, April 25, 2024, 12:04:42 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

I've had all the covid vaccines available. Eventually I did get covid, I had almost no symptoms but tested positive. A few weeks later came long covid, which isn't a lot of fun and is basically continuous fatigue. Back to normal now though.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sampanviking

So many people i know, friends and family and myself, that have suddenly developed "problems" after taking the vaccines. For me, its been a sudden onset of Arthritis in the foot. I used to be able to walk for miles every day, now I walk a mile and I am in agony for days. Getting out of s chair can be pure torture, for a few minutes until it takes the weight. I was fine until two years ago. 

A number of people I know have developed kidney issues (various). I know others that have developed blood issues, glaucoma, nervous conditions.

Well ok, as you get older and lets face it, I, my family and peers are now that generation, you expect that things like that will happen. But this has happened to nearly everybody I know and all at around the same time - the last couple of years.

It cannot just be a coincidence.

Nick

I didn't have the vaccines to give me any king of protection, I had them to show the airlines so that I could carry on travelling. As Cromwell said, it's a personal thing. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

It's personal choice,Ive had any vaccine offered for various ailments but if you don't trust them that's up to you.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2024, 05:36:22 PM
Your experience does not apply to the vast majority.
We don't know how many people have had bad reactions or even long term underlying problems that the vacs especially the boosters have caused . Increases in a raft of different conditions  and the triggering of autoimmune diseases has been a concern in medical circles for some time https://www.nature.com/articles/s41584-023-00964-y

Borg Refinery

The majority in the entire world were probably Sinovac, which most agree offers relatively little protection compared to other vaxes
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on June 30, 2024, 05:48:53 PM
Where did I say it did in my post?

A lot of people have had bad experiences with the vaccines 
Very few compared to the billions of vaccinations.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Where did I say it did in my post?

A lot of people have had bad experiences with the vaccines and up to 19% in NYC had a breakthrough case of COVID even after being vaxxed.

I would not still be advocating getting the vaccine in Omicron times.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on June 30, 2024, 05:31:26 PM
I got COVID even after the vaccines and felt bad effects from that as well as bad effects from the vaccines themselves. The first not so much, but the second one was absolutely appalling
Your experience does not apply to the vast majority.

Borg Refinery

I got COVID even after the vaccines and felt bad effects from that as well as bad effects from the vaccines themselves. The first not so much, but the second one was absolutely appalling

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on June 30, 2024, 04:46:57 PM

I really don't know very many people who say the vaccines didn't have a bad lasting effect on them. And the posts on this forum further confirms what I suspected.
Personally I don't know any who has had  anything other than short term problems with the vaccinations. I do however know several people who did not get vaccinated who now suffering from long covid.

Borg Refinery

The COVID vaccines (both Pfizer) really did a number on me too and seem to have severely weakened me, the first wasn't so bad but the second one made me feel terrible and I don't feel like I've ever recovered 100% from that - although COVID had bad effects both prior and subsequent to taking the vaccines too - which I caught at least twice and I'm pretty sure I'm feeling the effects of long COVID even today.
I'm minded to say the better vaccines (like Moderna) might have been preferable to catching the first iteration of COVID and the alpha and maybe delta variant - maybe - but past Omicron there really isn't any point; the vaccines seem to have caused significant harm to almost everyone I've heard from about it.

I really don't know very many people who say the vaccines didn't have a bad lasting effect on them. And the posts on this forum further confirms what I suspected.

+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on May 01, 2024, 09:24:40 AM
What are you thinking caused the AF? I had it and underwent a Cardioversion late last year. Stuck me on blood thinners, beta blockers and something called Amiaderone.
It's a bit of a mystery

16 years ago it came out of nowhere when an NTL engineer broadsided my car with his van while i had three separate stress factors and a bo
of 220/160

i got out of my car to give this shit a piece of my mind and collapsed in the middle of tbe motorway roundabout in rush hour

the lying c-word told the plod i told him i caused the crash after starting to pass out at the wheel. Thst got him an overnigt arrest and a subsequent conviction for insurance fraud (being a bank dba hath its privileges when it comes to checking fraud records)

i was put on beta blockers which actually cured the AF. And i mean cured, the P waves vanished from my ECG and i came off the beta blockers and it didn't recur

sadly the post covid problem restarted it, and this time it seems its here to stay

i'm on the waiting list fir a defibrillation while still
alive (ie cardioversion) but i think with the nhs in the state it is in wales i'll probably be cremated before that happens
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 01:01:15 PM
Think I've had 4 jabs, none of which have really knocked me off balance at all.
However, the weather in Canada is dog 💩. Went out for lunch a few weeks back and it was 18 degrees, left at 5pm and it was -8. What's that all about? Working in Ingersoll at a new GM EV plant making a hideous thing called the BrightDrop, digs in London, don't get me started on the LCBO closing at 8pm.
Im Jealous . Was planning to go back to Canada  for a trip just before covid which we had to cancel and what with one thing or another it hasn't happened . But yes the weather can be a bit up and down . Never been to London although its not that far from where I lived in Sault Ste Marie and Toronto (I was only a kid) , sounds a bit restrictive with the last bell but as you will know local town laws can be a bit  weird .

Enjoy your trip ,even if some work is involved ;)

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 30, 2024, 11:04:34 PM
It took me almost two years to regain full mobility

The original atrial fibrillation and lung congestion made it hard to get upstairs in one go

The stroke made it impossible

I could not climb more than two steps before gasping for breath

Eventually a combination of severe diuretics and forced movements alliwed two stairs to become three then four

when i could manage eight i parodied 'Captain Tom' with nightly walks along the flat pavement doing 50 then 100 then 200 metres wearing a blood oximeter which was of little use as my genetic quirk kept me at 92-95% although extremity tissues were literally gasping

the exercise was only possible at night when cold damp air aided oxygen transfer. Walking in warm dry air was impossible

over many months i fought my way bsck, until i could manage the 15% hill to the main road and then i was able to do a four mile walk to my pal's home over the riverand a nine milebike ride.

i have failed to get mych more than that, and the hill walk up to the Legion in Swanage is a serioys challenge requiring trekking poles

i suspect the 33 mile trek to the severn bridge and back is now beyond me as is the Fan Dance although a serial marathon runner in work has offered to walk that with me if i an ever up to it. Sadly my failure walking the route from Plymouth Bus Station to The Hoe and then the Barbican, which almost killed me two years ago, suggests i am buggered

Weight gain is a bitch but the reality of walking up a hill if one is available means mass in kg x gravity 9.81 x height in metres means a fat bastard like me can burn the best part of a calorie climbing a metre.
What are you thinking caused the AF? I had it and underwent a Cardioversion late last year. Stuck me on blood thinners, beta blockers and something called Amiaderone. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.