Caroline Flack - RIP

Started by Barry, February 16, 2020, 11:12:24 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=16997 time=1582142205 user_id=48

As is usual smurfy is right about the media but as usual he not only over eggs the problem but deposits a chicken farm on it,the media are only part of the problem

The press are a very large part of the problem and the implementation of Leveson is long overdue.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=16891 time=1582020972 user_id=50
I'll tell you who else is innocent (for now at least). John Leslie. Look at the way he was treated (and is still being treated) and see if you can find crocodile tears in the press about that?

As far as I'm aware, John Leslie has never been convicted of the charges made against him. He is due in court again next month I believe, to face 10 year old charges of "sexual touching". John Leslie was sacked from his job before any charges were even bought. His career was effectively destroyed without a charge even being made.

Caroline Flack meanwhile, "stepped down" from her role. In the last few days, as the media luvvies all desperately try to outdo one another with touching "tributes", following her suicide, ITV producers made it clear that "the door was open" for Caroline Flack to return to the fold. Bearing in mind if course, the allegation that a previous lover had some kind of NDA in place (paid for by who knows) is just an "allegation"

The media (and now social media too) makes these people, and it can break these people too. Caroline Flack was happy to accept the adulation, but sadly she fell apart when the world came crashing down because of her troubled private life. But she was NOT thrown to the wolves like John Leslie was (and still is). In my view, it's takes greater courage to carry on after such a fall from grace. But it's not over for him yet, after 20 fecking years.

I'm sorry about Caroline Flack taking her own life. But women want equality, then you take the fecking sh*t with the sugar. Treat men like cretins and destroy them simply for being accused when they step out of line, but make excuses for "poor little souls" like Caroline when she does the same. That's not equality, that's nothing but political favouritism and shameless hypocrisy.

Whilst you make a valid point about Leslie but that the media and social media as you point out can make or break people is IMO a great part of the problem.

There was a time in this country when people and any alleged wrongdoing couldn't be commented on till they were charged,there was brief reporting around that and no further till any trial.

You only have to look at the abysmal treatment of Christopher Jeffries not just by the redtops but so called quality news organisations.

As is usual smurfy is right about the media but as usual he not only over eggs the problem but deposits a chicken farm on it,the media are only part of the problem there are so many in the population in general who would be only too happy to see the return of the ducking stool,burning at the stake and stocks and poking people through bars at bedlam and happily with no involvement of judicial process.....unless of course they're in the firing line.

(And we've gone one up,stuff eufa)  :-P   :-P  :-P  :-P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Personally given the rarity of women committing suicide by hanging, I await the investigation result.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Nick post_id=16983 time=1582133844 user_id=73
This wasn't an excuse for your misogyny FFS.

Do I have to explain everything to you?
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Nick

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=16980 time=1582132292 user_id=74
Yea but then they don't spend so much money on makeup and hair.

The prole gets what the prole asks for.

This wasn't an excuse for your misogyny FFS.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Nick post_id=16975 time=1582130305 user_id=73
What about the 1000's of soldiers who commit suicide due to trauma? They don't get the outpouring of sadness from everyone! They don't even get a mention and I for one am sick of hearing about Caroline Flack, she could have afforded professional counselling if she wanted, the soldiers can't.

Yea but then they don't spend so much money on makeup and hair.

The prole gets what the prole asks for.

Nick

What about the 1000's of soldiers who commit suicide due to trauma? They don't get the outpouring of sadness from everyone! They don't even get a mention and I for one am sick of hearing about Caroline Flack, she could have afforded professional counselling if she wanted, the soldiers can't.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=16862 time=1581974980 user_id=51
In Caroline Flack's case, she will remain forever innocent. The police will have recorded a crime, which they will mark up "detected - no prosecution. Suspect deceased." The papers will then be filed for 7-10 years, then destroyed.

I'll tell you who else is innocent (for now at least). John Leslie. Look at the way he was treated (and is still being treated) and see if you can find crocodile tears in the press about that?

As far as I'm aware, John Leslie has never been convicted of the charges made against him. He is due in court again next month I believe, to face 10 year old charges of "sexual touching". John Leslie was sacked from his job before any charges were even bought. His career was effectively destroyed without a charge even being made.

Caroline Flack meanwhile, "stepped down" from her role. In the last few days, as the media luvvies all desperately try to outdo one another with touching "tributes", following her suicide, ITV producers made it clear that "the door was open" for Caroline Flack to return to the fold. Bearing in mind if course, the allegation that a previous lover had some kind of NDA in place (paid for by who knows) is just an "allegation"

The media (and now social media too) makes these people, and it can break these people too. Caroline Flack was happy to accept the adulation, but sadly she fell apart when the world came crashing down because of her troubled private life. But she was NOT thrown to the wolves like John Leslie was (and still is). In my view, it's takes greater courage to carry on after such a fall from grace. But it's not over for him yet, after 20 fecking years.

I'm sorry about Caroline Flack taking her own life. But women want equality, then you take the fecking shit with the sugar. Treat men like cretins and destroy them simply for being accused when they step out of line, but make excuses for "poor little souls" like Caroline when she does the same. That's not equality, that's nothing but political favouritism and shameless hypocrisy.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=16840 time=1581966794 user_id=48
I'm not disputing what you say,in effect it's the courts decision to decide guilt or innocence not social mejia or the press is all I'm saying.

Yes, and social media (and the media in general) cuts both ways. It's no less trial by media when the politically correct start making excuses for the defendant on social media and in the press. My original point was that if it were a male celeb with the same kind of history found beating the feck out of his partner, would the Guardian et al be publishing handwringing pleas from his fellow celebs telling us how his childhood history of bedwetting and nosepicking meant he should get special understanding? Or that we shouldn't "judge" what we don't understand? No is the answer. He'd be guilty simply by being accused, and they'd distance themselves faster an Exocet on steroids. It's the fecking hypocrisy I can't stand.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=16862 time=1581974980 user_id=51
In the late 1980s the CPS and Police decided that in domestic violence cases, where the injured party withdrew the complaint, the prosecution should continue using the witness as a hostile witness. As can be imagined this did not always go well, often resulting in a lot of wasted time and acquittals.

As far as I know, that policy is still in force, and the politically correct will be making sure that it is implemented whether that domestic violence is man v woman, woman v man, or same sex relationships, they will all be proceeded as far as possible. The reason for this is that so many cases were being withdrawn under duress and even greater damage, such as murder was a possible next step.

In Caroline Flack's case, she will remain forever innocent. The police will have recorded a crime, which they will mark up "detected - no prosecution. Suspect deceased." The papers will then be filed for 7-10 years, then destroyed.

Which was an excellent reason for it being implemented

Barry

Quote from: cromwell post_id=16841 time=1581966799 user_id=48
I'm not disputing what you say,in effect it's the courts decision to decide guilt or innocence not social mejia or the press is all I'm saying.

In the late 1980s the CPS and Police decided that in domestic violence cases, where the injured party withdrew the complaint, the prosecution should continue using the witness as a hostile witness. As can be imagined this did not always go well, often resulting in a lot of wasted time and acquittals.

As far as I know, that policy is still in force, and the politically correct will be making sure that it is implemented whether that domestic violence is man v woman, woman v man, or same sex relationships, they will all be proceeded as far as possible. The reason for this is that so many cases were being withdrawn under duress and even greater damage, such as murder was a possible next step.

† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=16838 time=1581966259 user_id=50
 she was facing a domestic violence charge bought by the Police who appear to have had some pretty compelling evidence

Broken chair leg + large lump on the top the husband's head.

The new smokin' gun lol!

cromwell

C'mon, Cromwell? The "media" (at least the Guardian, Independent, Huff Puff) are awash now with female celebs decrying her "show trial" and how she has been "thrown to the wolves", while "feminists" write handwringing shite about "how hard it is to be a woman" ffs (it must be f*cking hard when you can't get away with battering your other half with a chair leg, like it used to be, eh?). Its total b*llocks. She wasn't facing a "show trial", she was facing a domestic violence charge bought by the Police who appear to have had some pretty compelling evidence, notwithstanding the fact at least one of her ex's has accused her of violent behaviour previously.

Those daft enough to read my rambling posts will know my feelings on domestic violence. I grew up with it, with a father who'd regularly batter my mother, and on numerous occasions, me too. In those days the Police didn't really want to get involved, and so that enabled many wife (and to a lesser extent, husband) beaters free to carry on with their vicious vendettas. Nowadays, that has changed, and the CPP will press on with prosecution if there is evidence, even if the victim refuses to testify. I only wish they'd dragged my old man off to court and prosecuted him, and then my mother might have got some relief from years of abuse. So Caroline Flack got caught up in it, but that doesn't make it a "show trial" ffs. It makes it the right thing to do for ALL the victims of domestic violence. Yes, we know the majority of victims are women, and we know when men are violent they do more damage, and are very much more likely to kill than women. But we can't have a law for one gender, and try and fecking excuse it in the other. Now we have her whole life story, how she "couldn't escape her past", and how fame "ruined her". Utter fecking bullsh*t.

Even though he's long dead, it's taken me a long, long time to come to terms with what my old man did. I've tried to look at it in different lights, to see him differently, and I'm not naïve enough to think of him as wholly bad, even though he had few saving graces. He grew up in poverty, and I'm pretty sure he had an abusive upbringing himself. Does any of that mean he would have been put on a "show trial" if he'd had to face the full consequences of the law for what he did? No. Of course not. Any wife (or husband or partner) beater should have face the consequences of what they do. And just because it might be a woman doing the beating, it doesn't make it any less of a detestable crime.

cromwell

C'mon, Cromwell? The "media" (at least the Guardian, Independent, Huff Puff) are awash now with female celebs decrying her "show trial" and how she has been "thrown to the wolves", while "feminists" write handwringing shite about "how hard it is to be a woman" ffs (it must be f*cking hard when you can't get away with battering your other half with a chair leg, like it used to be, eh?). Its total b*llocks. She wasn't facing a "show trial", she was facing a domestic violence charge bought by the Police who appear to have had some pretty compelling evidence, notwithstanding the fact at least one of her ex's has accused her of violent behaviour previously.

Those daft enough to read my rambling posts will know my feelings on domestic violence. I grew up with it, with a father who'd regularly batter my mother, and on numerous occasions, me too. In those days the Police didn't really want to get involved, and so that enabled many wife (and to a lesser extent, husband) beaters free to carry on with their vicious vendettas. Nowadays, that has changed, and the CPP will press on with prosecution if there is evidence, even if the victim refuses to testify. I only wish they'd dragged my old man off to court and prosecuted him, and then my mother might have got some relief from years of abuse. So Caroline Flack got caught up in it, but that doesn't make it a "show trial" ffs. It makes it the right thing to do for ALL the victims of domestic violence. Yes, we know the majority of victims are women, and we know when men are violent they do more damage, and are very much more likely to kill than women. But we can't have a law for one gender, and try and fecking excuse it in the other. Now we have her whole life story, how she "couldn't escape her past", and how fame "ruined her". Utter fecking bullsh*t.

Even though he's long dead, it's taken me a long, long time to come to terms with what my old man did. I've tried to look at it in different lights, to see him differently, and I'm not naïve enough to think of him as wholly bad, even though he had few saving graces. He grew up in poverty, and I'm pretty sure he had an abusive upbringing himself. Does any of that mean he would have been put on a "show trial" if he'd had to face the full consequences of the law for what he did? No. Of course not. Any wife (or husband or partner) beater should have face the consequences of what they do. And just because it might be a woman doing the beating, it doesn't make it any less of a detestable crime.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=16826 time=1581964385 user_id=48
TBH mate the issue to me at least isn't any of that but whether it be man or woman being prejudged by the msm and tossers on social mejia