Police and Crime Commissioner elections. 2nd of May

Started by papasmurf, April 26, 2024, 12:02:24 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 02, 2024, 07:55:52 PM
Well, i went to vote, and i handed over that free voter id form the electoral registration office gave you if you asked HARD - and not only was i the only one they'd seen hand one of those over all day, they DIDN'T know what to do with it and had to ring up to ask the returning officer !! Priceless !!
My wife and I had photo ID checked before we could get anywhere near to get to vote.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Well, i went to vote, and i handed over that free voter id form the electoral registration office gave you if you asked HARD - and not only was i the only one they'd seen hand one of those over all day, they DIDN'T know what to do with it and had to ring up to ask the returning officer !! Priceless !!
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I voted for the Police and Crime Commissioner even though it's pointless.
At least the Kent Police seem to do some basic policing and haven't turned into criminals, or lefty terrorist supporters, like the Met.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 01, 2024, 10:03:58 PM
Oh, i will bother

So will I but voting tactically to get the Tory out is difficult as the Lib/Dems and Labour were neck and neck behind the Tory at the last PCC election.

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 01, 2024, 10:03:58 PM
Oh, i will bother

the labour (can't use the word) leader of newport council who has destroyed the city is standing as labour's candidate

she'll win but she needs to be opposed. Hard
I know where you're coming from Jog . Khan looks pretty entrenched now as Mayor but I'll still vote ,the assembly sheet is the important one .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 01, 2024, 02:00:37 PM
Doesn't sound like any of the candidates are that bothered so I would take the same view and not bother either . As mentioned they are a waste of space anyway ,maybe they got message
Oh, i will bother

the labour (can't use the word) leader of newport council who has destroyed the city is standing as labour's candidate

she'll win but she needs to be opposed. Hard
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Doesn't sound like any of the candidates are that bothered so I would take the same view and not bother either . As mentioned they are a waste of space anyway ,maybe they got message 

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on May 01, 2024, 12:27:32 PM
Vote tomorrow zero information about candidates has arrived by post.
Apart from a tory activist posting on arsebook that the kabour candidate didn't turn up to s hustings, i've seen nothing

it would have been nice for the said tory activist to use the same arsebook account to TELL us hustings were happenning

papasmurf

Vote tomorrow zero information about candidates has arrived by post.

Barry

I do agree that they are a waste of money. Police forces used to function perfectly well without them, until some numpty decided that they might be a good idea.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

There are no council elections where I live on May 2nd, but there is a Police and Crime Commissioner election.

Frankly I think PCCs are a waste of time and money.  (It will also be difficult to use the tactical voting to get the current waste of space Tory PPC out of office.  
There has been no mail shots from any of the candidates and very little information.