Main Menu

Starmer and the EU

Started by cromwell, April 27, 2024, 09:49:06 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 01, 2024, 10:27:58 AM
Ok i was not clear enough

on day 1 the french fucked us over and we bent over snd took it up the shitter and refused to retaliate.

we have since decided to have the french bastards back
We are only be treated the same as anyone else outside of the EU. The same restrictions are now in place in many countries for Brits going abroad.
Channel 11 on Freeview show programs about border controls in many countries and they are little different when it comes to checks coming into Britain. I am a tad puzzled when the French government via Credit Agricole. (Where my wide and I have a joint account.) Wanted to know our income and the value of our home.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 07:24:34 AM
Not the import regulations and checks into the UK are from the UK government. NOT the EU.
Ok i was not clear enough

on day 1 the french fucked us over and we bent over snd took it up the shitter and refused to retaliate. 

we have since decided to have the french bastards back
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 01, 2024, 08:40:40 AM
Well the phytosanitary and other food checks on imports and delays from the EU is going to add to UK business costs as is detailed in the link I posted. It will cause the cost of food to rise.
You said the U.K. has been taking risks for years, That means the food from the EU is substandard and we were not allowed to stop it. Good jobs we are now checking it. 

Waits on Smurf to strawman the conversation cause he's painted himself into a corner. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 08:59:56 PM
Safety on whose side? The U.K. has some of the best standards in the world. If you mean from the EU, good job we left then.
Well the phytosanitary and other food checks on imports and delays from the EU is going to add to UK business costs as is detailed in the link I posted. It will cause the cost of food to rise. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 08:28:28 AM
Food safety is the reason, the UK government has been taking a risk for years.
Safety on whose side? The U.K. has some of the best standards in the world. If you mean from the EU, good job we left then. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 07:41:21 AM
And why you think the UK Government puts these regulations in place? It's to counter the ones the EU slaps on us.
Food safety is the reason, the UK government has been taking a risk for years.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 07:24:34 AM
Not the import regulations and checks into the UK are from the UK government. NOT the EU.
And why you think the UK Government puts these regulations in place? It's to counter the ones the EU slaps on us.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 29, 2024, 10:10:19 PM
Those will be the regulations the FRENCH imposed on us years ago from day one which WE were not allowed to retaliate against......

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on April 29, 2024, 06:30:04 PM
That is why I used might. The latest load of regulations imposed by the Tory Government come into force tomorrow, adding costs, paperwork and delays:- Everything you need to know about new import controls coming on the 30th of April 2024 | CustomsLink® (customs-link.com)
Those will be the regulations the FRENCH imposed on us years ago from day one which WE were not allowed to retaliate against......
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on April 29, 2024, 10:10:17 AM
Other than sorting out the current trade barriers and the massive increase in rules and regulations, I can't see how that can happen. The Tory government has been sat on their backside doing zero about addressing those problems.
Better sat on their backside doing nothing than colluding wth the speaker to hinder every move to get us out from under their cosh

As Nick said, it's bad enough just looking at teir idea of "a closer relationship"

The EU for example recently tried to badmouth us over THEIR idea of a deal allowing British young people access to ONE European Country in exchange for US returning to a situation where all twenty six of the bastards could invade us unstoppably.

AGAIN

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 29, 2024, 04:25:58 PM
Yes we are , whos' bright idea was it to put them in charge of it ?  Oh it was the Tories  and now we are going to have a labour government that will finish the job of making as you say a dogs Brexit of it .

One thing the referendum result has proved whatever way you look at it or voted is that the Westminster bubble don't give a toss about what you or I or anyone else thinks about it or anything else .
Nail ,head,hammered.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 29, 2024, 06:26:05 PM
Im not counting on it . Their single market alignment plan to a 'comprehensive customs union ' will come with a raft of add on's that we voted against in 2016. It might well smooth out the bumps put in place with the deal Mayhem struck with the EU for some industries but it wont be Brexit
That is why I used might. The latest load of regulations imposed by the Tory Government come into force tomorrow, adding costs, paperwork and delays:- Everything you need to know about new import controls coming on the 30th of April 2024 | CustomsLink® (customs-link.com)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on April 29, 2024, 05:13:00 PM
Labour might be able to make it less of a dogs Brexit.
Im not counting on it . Their single market alignment plan to a 'comprehensive customs union ' will come with a raft of add on's that we voted against in 2016. It might well smooth out the bumps put in place with the deal Mayhem struck with the EU for some industries but it wont be Brexit 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 29, 2024, 04:25:58 PM
Yes we are , whos' bright idea was it to put them in charge of it ?  Oh it was the Tories  and now we are going to have a labour government that will finish the job of making as you say a dogs Brexit of it .

One thing the referendum result has proved whatever way you look at it or voted is that the Westminster bubble don't give a toss about what you or I or anyone else thinks about it or anything else .
Labour might be able to make it less of a dogs Brexit.