Main Menu

Rwanda 1:0 Neighsayer's

Started by Nick, April 30, 2024, 07:49:26 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 09:08:22 AM
This is not Sunak, this is the reality of what the Rwanda bill has done, the fact you have to coat your response in straw shows you are wrong. The fact that they are looking to pass emergency legislation shows there has been a sudden increase.

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/international/article/2024/04/28/ireland-plans-to-send-asylum-seekers-back-to-uk_6669785_4.html
There are good reasons why a person with a legitimate passport but no right of abode in the UK might want to enter Eire to re-enter britain.

Not so sure about actual illegals

i think we should challenge and lose the right to reject eire's street trash, and then start dumping rubber boat riders back on calais beaches at gunpoint. Because i can't wait to hear why Eire can dump its trash on s but we cant throw it back at the French
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 12:54:31 PM
And I posted a link showing you that you are wrong, not our fault if you don't read it.
Nick I read it, it is political not accurate. The Rwanda deal is just an excuse.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 11:11:52 AM
I am well aware of that which is why the problem. The Rwanda deal has not altered the problem only in Sunak's mind.
And I posted a link showing you that you are wrong, not our fault if you don't read it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on April 30, 2024, 11:03:40 AM
You know that border that doesn't exist between N.I. and Eire?
It was and is there for a reason. Ireland forced that situation after Brexit, now they can wear it like a badge of righteousness.
I am well aware of that which is why the problem. The Rwanda deal has not altered the problem only in Sunak's mind.

Barry

You know that border that doesn't exist between N.I. and Eire?
It was and is there for a reason. Ireland forced that situation after Brexit, now they can wear it like a badge of righteousness.

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 30, 2024, 10:19:01 AM
There is not a housing crisis in the UK or for that matter Eire . What we have is a population crisis
The population crisis is causing the housing crisis. That and over tourism.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 09:51:47 AM
Eire has had the problem of illegal immigrants entering from Britain via Northern Ireland for years, it also has had  a housing crisis  Sunak is clutching at straws. There are also elections in the offing in Eire, and that is why the proposals.
There is not a housing crisis in the UK or for that matter Eire . What we have is a population crisis 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 09:08:22 AM
This is not Sunak, this is the reality of what the Rwanda bill has done, the fact you have to coat your response in straw shows you are wrong. The fact that they are looking to pass emergency legislation shows there has been a sudden increase.

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/international/article/2024/04/28/ireland-plans-to-send-asylum-seekers-back-to-uk_6669785_4.html
Eire has had the problem of illegal immigrants entering from Britain via Northern Ireland for years, it also has had  a housing crisis  Sunak is clutching at straws. There are also elections in the offing in Eire, and that is why the proposals.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 08:27:23 AM
The problem in Eire has been happening for over two years. Sunak is clutching at straws. (There is also a chronic housing shortage in Eire.

Ireland's housing crisis: Tens of thousands of new builds needed | Euronews

Dara Turnbull, research coordinator at Housing Europe, told Euronews that, in the period from 2011 to 2023, there was a shortfall in the supply of additional homes of at least 185,000 in Ireland.

The "actual shortfall could well be north of 200,000 units over the period," he added.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 07:49:26 AM
It certainly looks like the prospect of being shipped off to Central Africa is having the desired effect, where's Gerry when you need him lol.
They are crossing into Eire like there is no tomorrow, and now they want to send them back to the UK. Let's see how the EU responds to the governments
demand that we won't take them back unless France does. Ooh, the French police are reportedly slashing holes in the dinghies now lol.
The problem in Eire has been happening for over two years. Sunak is clutching at straws. (There is also a chronic housing shortage in Eire.

Ireland's housing crisis: Tens of thousands of new builds needed | Euronews

Dara Turnbull, research coordinator at Housing Europe, told Euronews that, in the period from 2011 to 2023, there was a shortfall in the supply of additional homes of at least 185,000 in Ireland.

The "actual shortfall could well be north of 200,000 units over the period," he added.

Nick

It certainly looks like the prospect of being shipped off to Central Africa is having the desired effect, where's Gerry when you need him lol.
They are crossing into Eire like there is no tomorrow, and now they want to send them back to the UK. Let's see how the EU responds to the governments
demand that we won't take them back unless France does. Ooh, the French police are reportedly slashing holes in the dinghies now lol.