Are you prepared for a disaster.

Started by papasmurf, May 22, 2024, 03:16:28 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 28, 2024, 10:14:52 AM
Not pathetic at all, in the case of India it is more that a few deaths in disasters.

Just a small sample:-

Extreme weather 2023: India saw a disaster nearly every day from January-September (downtoearth.org.in)

India has seen a disaster nearly every day in the first nine months of this year — from heat and cold waves, cyclones and lightning to heavy rain, floods and landslides.

These disasters have claimed 2,923 human lives, affected 1.84 million hectares (ha) of crop area, destroyed over 80,563 houses and killed close to 92,519 livestock, as per India 2023: An assessment of extreme weather events brought out by Down To Earth (DTE) magazine and the Centre for Science and Environment.
This calculation of loss and damage is probably an underestimate as data for each event is not collated, nor are the losses of public property or crop calculated, according to the DTE-CSE report, which is now in its second year.
With an event every second day, Madhya Pradesh saw the highest number of days with extreme weather events; but Bihar saw the highest number of human deaths at 642, followed by Himachal Pradesh (365 deaths) and Uttar Pradesh (341 deaths).
Himachal Pradesh reported the highest number of damaged houses (15,407) and Punjab reported the highest number of animal deaths (63,649).

India has had extreme weather like this for thousands of years, it's nothing new, same as Bangladesh. How strange that your graph shows heavy rain from June to September, that's when the monsoons come. They start in the south (Kerala) and move north for 4 or 5 months, this natural life giving rain that they have always needed. Yes, people die and yes, crops get ruined but this is not a disaster, it's a natural phenomenon that has always existed. It's been exacerbated by the fact that so much building work is going on, same as in the U.K.  The water can't get into the ground and slowly find its way to the rivers, it skips of the concrete and tarmac cause the rivers to flood. Plus, unscrupulous developers that build housing estates on natural floodplains, shocker, the houses flood: who'd have thought it?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Scott777

Greetings from a stranger.  😉  

I'm not one for fear-mongering, it's usually a case of the state or the globalists creating fake disasters, (Covid, climate).  However, sometimes a fake one is not enough, so they actually make one happen, such as 9/11.  At the moment, the war in Ukraine is not going how they want (Russia is not losing), so they want to escalate that, and one way to do that would be a false flag attack.  I've heard talk of such an attack in the yookay, probably London, which is unfortunate as I live hear.  Anyway, that would be blamed on Russia to start a war with them.  Call it crazy, but that's floating around on the ether, and I would not put it past our state to kill a few hundred people to start a war.  Just like how Netanyahu funded Hamas, to justify bombing Gaza.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 28, 2024, 01:17:39 AM
Pathetic response, there are multiple deaths happening in half the world, not just India. And considering the population it's no surprise a few people die.
Just another argumentative and throwaway post by you that you can't qualify.
Not pathetic at all, in the case of India it is more that a few deaths in disasters.

Just a small sample:-

Extreme weather 2023: India saw a disaster nearly every day from January-September (downtoearth.org.in)

India has seen a disaster nearly every day in the first nine months of this year — from heat and cold waves, cyclones and lightning to heavy rain, floods and landslides.

These disasters have claimed 2,923 human lives, affected 1.84 million hectares (ha) of crop area, destroyed over 80,563 houses and killed close to 92,519 livestock, as per India 2023: An assessment of extreme weather events brought out by Down To Earth (DTE) magazine and the Centre for Science and Environment.
This calculation of loss and damage is probably an underestimate as data for each event is not collated, nor are the losses of public property or crop calculated, according to the DTE-CSE report, which is now in its second year.
With an event every second day, Madhya Pradesh saw the highest number of days with extreme weather events; but Bihar saw the highest number of human deaths at 642, followed by Himachal Pradesh (365 deaths) and Uttar Pradesh (341 deaths). 
Himachal Pradesh reported the highest number of damaged houses (15,407) and Punjab reported the highest number of animal deaths (63,649).

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 27, 2024, 01:25:17 PM
You haven't noticed there is a multiple death disaster of some kind or other in India on a near weekly basis?
Pathetic response, there are multiple deaths happening in half the world, not just India. And considering the population it's no surprise a few people die.
Just another argumentative and throwaway post by you that you can't qualify.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 27, 2024, 11:19:53 AM
It seems you don't have an answer as usual, otherwise you would give one. I've spent months in India, from Delhi right down to Kerala, and from Mumbai across to Kathmandu.
So explain your statement.
You haven't noticed there is a multiple death disaster of some kind or other in India on a near weekly basis?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 26, 2024, 05:25:35 PM
Nick it seems you have not done enough research.
It seems you don't have an answer as usual, otherwise you would give one. I've spent months in India, from Delhi right down to Kerala, and from Mumbai across to Kathmandu.
So explain your statement.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 23, 2024, 08:58:26 AM
Like what, seeing as you seem to know so much about the country?
Nick it seems you have not done enough research.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on May 23, 2024, 08:53:12 PM
If there is no electricity, everyone is in stuck. No communications cooking or heating.
If the gas goes off, people with a gas bottle can survive a while with a stove.
Mains water goes off? Bridges taken out?
Same for no Internet - no deliveries, shop tills, they all rely on it.

I'm not prepared, but we do have quite a bit of food. We need more bottles. ;)
Barry , stay drunk till the cavalry turns up , good idea ;D

Barry

If there is no electricity, everyone is in stuck. No communications cooking or heating.
If the gas goes off, people with a gas bottle can survive a while with a stove.
Mains water goes off? Bridges taken out?
Same for no Internet - no deliveries, shop tills, they all rely on it.

I'm not prepared, but we do have quite a bit of food. We need more bottles. ;)
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 23, 2024, 08:00:55 AM
More likely to get a disaster there than Britain.
Like what, seeing as you seem to know so much about the country?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 23, 2024, 12:10:30 AM
I will be living in India next to the beach within the next year or so, so as long as they hold off for a while I will be OK. lol
More likely to get a disaster there than Britain.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on May 23, 2024, 12:10:30 AM
I will be living in India next to the beach within the next year or so, so as long as they hold off for a while I will be OK. lol
Likewise but substitute India for the Kent coast Union Flag.But Im not spending my hard earned on unlikely scenarios either way . Not sure what Papa expects to happen that would be called a disaster but there are not many things that we either wont see coming or want to be around in the aftermath for  anyway .
I do generally keep the cupboards  well stocked and if 'disaster' strikes at the right time I can stay indoors for a month  without too much hassle .

Sod the neighbours though ,lazy fat bastards could do with going on a diet . 

Nick

johnofgwent

The official government line is to do sod all to aid the disaster victims for at least three or four days to alliw tbe weak to die and cease to be a burden on scarce resources

I have the means to purify water from the river by electrolysis and solar stills

Remember

Three Minutes Without Air
Three Hours without shelter
Three Days without water
Three Weeks without food

I will die through lack of heart medicines long before three weeks are up but i should withstand three days.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on May 22, 2024, 03:16:28 PM
My wife and I are prepared for a disaster, (We have had an emergency store cupboard for decades.) We have both had disaster training.
This has appeared on the government website today. (Don't panic.)
Loads more at link.
https://prepare.campaign.gov.uk/

If an emergency did happen in your area, how would you manage? What about your relatives, friends, neighbours or colleagues – do you know anyone who might need some extra help or support?
The information on this site is designed to help you prepare for emergencies, be more informed about hazards, and get involved in activities to support yourself and your community before, during and after an emergency.
There is also specific advice for disabled persons and carers.
Taking action now will make it easier to manage if an emergency does happen.
Yes I'm ready for a disaster,one of two Starmer or Sunak being pm.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?