Health and care worker visa applications down 76% this year

Started by SKY News, May 23, 2024, 05:16:56 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 29, 2024, 01:07:20 PM
Thats a different scheme . The one we were looking at was grants for housing immigrant workers in the health and care sector .
That assumes the grants can be got on application. (I can't find the scheme you mention.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 29, 2024, 08:24:44 AM
As I have no idea what the charity is called, other than it has a "retreat" a mile up the road, I can't help you.
The appealed for some towels a few weeks ago on the local bulletin board, and my wife and I gave them some. They recently appealed for things to furnish a home for the six people. As far as I am aware with the amount of household goods going for nothing on the local bulletin board that appeal was successful.  The charity also as far as I am aware runs a hospice.
Also this does not appear to cover what you seem to think it does:- One-off payments of up to £3,000 for over 27,000 health workers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Thats a different scheme . The one we were looking at was grants for housing immigrant workers in the health and care sector .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 28, 2024, 10:21:15 PM
Well the charity needs to get a new administrator if they haven't claimed for a government grant for health care workers  . But then again maybe they did ,charities are normally on top of this sort of thing .
As I have no idea what the charity is called, other than it has a "retreat" a mile up the road, I can't help you.
The appealed for some towels a few weeks ago on the local bulletin board, and my wife and I gave them some. They recently appealed for things to furnish a home for the six people. As far as I am aware with the amount of household goods going for nothing on the local bulletin board that appeal was successful.  The charity also as far as I am aware runs a hospice. 
Also this does not appear to cover what you seem to think it does:- One-off payments of up to £3,000 for over 27,000 health workers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 28, 2024, 10:06:32 AM
That is the theory not the practice. I have since found out they are being housed by a charity.
Well the charity needs to get a new administrator if they haven't claimed for a government grant for health care workers  . But then again maybe they did ,charities are normally on top of this sort of thing . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on May 28, 2024, 05:13:44 PM
Heard of George Soros?
Yes. But it was a local Godsquad charity who provided temporary accommodation, now they have found permanent accommodation and are asking for things to furnish it.

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on May 28, 2024, 10:06:32 AM
That is the theory not the practice. I have since found out they are being housed by a charity.
And who funds the charity?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 28, 2024, 07:41:52 AM
So you didn't read it or maybe you just didn't understand it . The fund helps all providers of health care within the NHS , NHS suppliers (agency workers) or ANYONE in adult social care (private sector)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 27, 2024, 03:22:39 PM
I was commenting on the local arrivals. Who are not working for the NHS.
So you didn't read it or maybe you just didn't understand it . The fund helps all providers of health care within the NHS , NHS suppliers (agency workers) or ANYONE in adult social care (private sector)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 27, 2024, 02:51:37 PM
There is for them as the government are subsidising it  (did you not read the link I provided ?)
I was commenting on the local arrivals. Who are not working for the NHS.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 26, 2024, 05:24:12 PM
That is why I am puzzled there is no affordable housing here.
There is for them as the government are subsidising it  (did you not read the link I provided ?)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 23, 2024, 08:28:46 AM
The care provider will have their housing sorted for them . The department of health and social care allowed £15M  to help recruit overseas workers . This fund helps with finding workers , help with sponsors and visas and access to affordable housing .

https://www.davidsonmorris.com/recruiting-social-care-workers-from-overseas/
That is why I am puzzled there is no affordable housing here.