Black Pilots

Started by Nick, May 24, 2024, 07:36:43 AM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Why is the flip side of this argument never raised? 

That a white pilot could be chosen over a more competent black pilot simply because of racist hiring policies?

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 22, 2024, 10:57:47 AM
Maybe avoid GB News then, there's real quality on Sky, ITV and yes even the BBC
I disagree, some of the BBC and ITV news readers are useless, not so much SKY. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2024, 08:10:17 AM
If you watch the news, the standard of some of the anchors is shocking, I sometimes cannot believe the quality of the delivery.
Maybe avoid GB News then, there's real quality on Sky, ITV and yes even the BBC

Borg Refinery

The media is a joke, but saying black pilots should be suspected as DEI hires when there's no proof of such sounds as racist and ignorant as something Diane Abbott would come out with (except for her it'd be about how white people are suspected)

For the record, I actually oppose DEI. Here in the USA we call it "Didn't Earn It" ;)
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2024, 08:10:17 AM
If you watch the news, the standard of some of the anchors is shocking, I sometimes cannot believe the quality of the delivery.
Quite , its gotten to the point I don't even bother with the TV news anymore , my news feeds on the net does the job for me .

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on August 14, 2024, 10:42:50 PM
I wish I could feel confident that what you say is correct. Somehow I can't help but feel that competence wanes in favour of diversity. We see it in the medical profession, dentistry, in our universities, teaching profession. I doubt there is any part of life where it hasn't effected standards. I feel we have lowered standards throughout in order to promote not the best but the ethnicity. It is destined to crumple given time.

T00ts

Quote from: HDQQ on August 14, 2024, 10:37:20 PM
Pilots need qualifications and they also need to demonstrate their competence in order to get a job. Plus they would have spent some years as a co-pilot before being allowed to captain an airliner.

If airlines are actively encouraging more people from under-represented groups, there's nothing wrong with that. Applicants for training still have to meet the same standards.
I wish I could feel confident that what you say is correct. Somehow I can't help but feel that competence wanes in favour of diversity. We see it in the medical profession, dentistry, in our universities, teaching profession. I doubt there is any part of life where it hasn't effected standards. I feel we have lowered standards throughout in order to promote not the best but the ethnicity. It is destined to crumple given time.

HDQQ

Pilots need qualifications and they also need to demonstrate their competence in order to get a job. Plus they would have spent some years as a co-pilot before being allowed to captain an airliner. 

If airlines are actively encouraging more people from under-represented groups, there's nothing wrong with that. Applicants for training still have to meet the same standards. 

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Its the same in every industry that follows diversity quotas be it the police force , fire brigade ,people on the tills at Sainsbury's or as here airline pilots . As the guy says as soon as you employ anyone on anything other than merit then standards will inevitably fall .

The people that should be shouting about this diversity quotas nonsense the loudest are black people who have got their jobs on merit but of course they never do .

Nick

Charlie Kirk stated that if he sees a Black pilot it makes him question the quality of the pilot, and after hearing the argument I tend to agree.
Certain airlines are stating that they are actively looking for ethnic minority pilots so as to dance to the tune of the woke left, they are not looking for taking a pilot based on merit but rather their skin colour. As he has said, this is a situation created by the left.
If I get on a plane, which I do very often, and the pilot is Black, I have a legitimate reason to question if that pilot is sitting there on merit or because of the colour of their skin.