Life under the Tories

Started by Barry, May 26, 2024, 11:56:24 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 29, 2024, 03:34:53 PM
How are you paying an EXTRA £900 in tax?
As for the NHS, the Tories have put exponentially more money into it than was intimated on the side of the bus.
Fiscal drag. The tax allowance has been frozen that means both my wife and I are paying around £450 a year each more in income tax than last year.(This has been VERY well publicised.)

Rishi Sunak 'failed to mention 400,000 pensioners are set to get nasty tax shock in triple lock plus speech,' writes Jessica Sheldon (gbnews.com)

A
s for the NHS the Tories underfunded it since 2010 and have never replaced the loss.
The Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) budget has only increased by an average of 1.5% a year since 2010/11 compared with an average of 3.3% increase that is widely acknowledged as required to keep spending in line with demand and performance at a standstill. This has left the NHS £23.5 billion worse off over the last decade.
[color=rgba(0, 18, 43, 0.85)] [/color]

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Barry on May 26, 2024, 11:56:24 AMRidiculous gender recognition certificates - people sacked for calling a man a man....

Culture wars and antisemitism on the streets, especially London...
I'm interested in where you heard that someone got sacked for calling a "man a man"  I feel this is one of those "school puts in cat litter tray for pupil who identifies as a cat" things.

Ironically, the lurid tales around gender issues are all part of the culture wars which the current government is very keen to promote.

Around the culture wars, I can thoroughly recommend Jon Ronson's "things fell apart" podcast series on BBC iSounds.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 28, 2024, 12:55:18 PM
Fiscal drag for a start my wife and I are paying an extra £900 in income tax this year because of it. The dogs Brexit had badly effected others, prescription drugs shortages, the massive rise in food prices which are about to get worse. They Tories have come close to killing the NHS. The lack of council house building. The Tories have buggered more or less everything. Then Sunak seems to think the DWP are not killing people fast enough. (That is just the start of a very long list.)
How are you paying an EXTRA £900 in tax?
As for the NHS, the Tories have put exponentially more money into it than was intimated on the side of the bus.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on May 29, 2024, 03:25:27 PM
Given that all the established parties of the UK are funded and therefore managed by the same "special interests"
No they are not all funded by the same special interests.

Sampanviking

Given that all the established parties of the UK are funded and therefore managed by the same "special interests" how can anything change? All you get is the same message in support of the same policies, simply window dressed to appeal to each parties core support.

This country needs full regime change, not a fake election in support of a phony democracy.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on May 28, 2024, 12:20:59 PM
Did they?

What have they done this time to your friends and family, etc?
Fiscal drag for a start my wife and I are paying an extra £900 in income tax this year because of it. The dogs Brexit had badly effected others, prescription drugs shortages, the massive rise in food prices which are about to get worse. They Tories have come close to killing the NHS. The lack of council house building. The Tories have buggered more or less everything. Then Sunak seems to think the DWP are not killing people fast enough. (That is just the start of a very long list.)

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on May 28, 2024, 10:05:27 AM
Nick the Tories have fubared everything. Every time there has been a Tory government in my life time they have done something to screw me, my relatives, my friends and many others of my acquaintance.
Did they?

What have they done this time to your friends and family, etc?
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: Nick on May 28, 2024, 07:42:25 AM
The only positive in all of it is that in 2 years time when Labour have crashed an economy that is just starting to recover, Smurf won't be able to spout his usual Tory Bad anymore.
Small mercies and all. :)
If Labour get in, for the next 5 years everything will still be the evil Tory's fault, Nick. :)
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 28, 2024, 07:42:25 AM
The only positive in all of it is that in 2 years time when Labour have crashed an economy that is just starting to recover, Smurf won't be able to spout his usual Tory Bad anymore.
Nick the Tories have fubared everything. Every time there has been a Tory government in my life time they have done something to screw me, my relatives, my friends and many others of my acquaintance.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 27, 2024, 05:23:07 PM
I do NOT accept that is the way it should be. The Tories are disgrace. As for the post office executive, the water company CEOs,  the factor 8  scandal, and the DWP and DWP contractors deaths caused by both action and inaction people should be jailed.
I didn't say its the way it should be ,I said its the way that it is .  Im not quite sure what you would expect to change with a change of management  

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 27, 2024, 05:01:57 PM
Its just the way the world is now papa .
I do NOT accept that is the way it should be. The Tories are disgrace. As for the post office executive, the water company CEOs,  the factor 8  scandal, and the DWP and DWP contractors deaths caused by both action and inaction people should be jailed.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 27, 2024, 03:58:02 PM
It has been grim under the Tories for the last 14 years. Millions have been very badly effected by the tory callousness, nastiness, incompetence, and personal greed.
Its just the way the world is now papa .Incompetence across the board from the top of government to tradesmen who think they are doing you a favour by turning up two days late . Nothing works anymore be it in the public or private sector and even the beer has become undrinkable in most pubs 

Thats not the tories its just people circa 2024 ,you only have to look at that daft bird at the post office enquiry . I dont suppose shes a bad person but how the hell did  a person who obviously needs 24 hour supervision get that gig ?  These are the people running the country , its just not good enough .

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on May 27, 2024, 03:28:50 PM
 Life has been grim under the Tories
It has been grim under the Tories for the last 14 years. Millions have been very badly effected by the tory callousness, nastiness, incompetence, and personal greed. 

T00ts

What or who can make a substantial difference? Any Government can only tinker around the edges. Labour as usual is trying to promise the world and his wife the Universe and we all know that once we give them power life will be a misery, except for politicians. The lurch to the left will gather pace and Starmer is a fool if he thinks that his position is safe.

I was mad when Sunak was foisted onto us and as expected he has been largely an office manager who has never actually left the treasury. On the World stage he is largely insignificant, but in fairness I do believe that he is essentially a good man. We are in debt massively but it has to be remembered that there was incredible largesse during the pandemic, and if that wasn't enough I dread to think how many billions have gone to Ukraine and that's without even thinking about HS2 and the wretched illegals taxied to our shores.

We have to remember that Labour would have locked us down longer and harder for Covid and borrowed even more but they still have the benefit mindset with notions of every day being Christmas for those who they think will keep them in power. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day and that's where I think Labour is. The more Labour can make people dependant on the State the better they like it. 

Barry said a long time ago that his vote was homeless, at the time I thought he was crazy, but I am afraid that mine too is up for grabs and as yet I haven't a clue where to put the cross. Life has been grim under the Tories of late but I am firmly of the mind that we ain't seen nothing yet and it may well be unrecognisable in 5 years time.