‘Ignorant little cr*p hats!’ Charlie Lawson demands rowdy Britons abroad are BANNED from tourist spots: ‘Can’t hold their liquor!’

Started by GBNews, June 01, 2024, 01:32:49 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 01, 2024, 01:02:53 PM
We weren't talking about prices, as usual you try and fudge the conversation to justify your ignorance. Are you planning on ever having a positive contribution to a thread anytime soon?
Nick had you looked closely at those menus the food is too messed about. Making it there is nothing on those menus I would order. That has become a problem nationally over the last few years, with few exceptions. (My favourite pub near Tewkesbury being one of them.)
I have to be fussy about food. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 01, 2024, 07:13:29 AM
Nick look at the prices and how they are served. (Buying fresh from the villages fishmongers and cooking it how we like it is far cheaper. (The fishmongers cooks shellfish anyway.)
We weren't talking about prices, as usual you try and fudge the conversation to justify your ignorance. Are you planning on ever having a positive contribution to a thread anytime soon? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 30, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
Clearly you can't read as there is shellfish, Bass and Sardines on the menu. You really are full of it.
Nick look at the prices and how they are served. (Buying fresh from the villages fishmongers and cooking it how we like it is far cheaper. (The fishmongers cooks shellfish anyway.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2024, 07:25:00 PM
None of it is perfectly decent pub food. I have not been able to get decent pub food for around three years locally. It is all burgerised, too much bread or too much foreign influence. (Plus far too expensive. Which is why we cook for ourselves.) Luckily top class ingredients are available locally. Local rare breed beef, aged 28 days or more, local pork, veg, and fresh fish, shell fish from the village fishmonger at very competitive prices.
The problem is not confined to Cornwall. 

I am not at all surprised 80 pubs a month are closing.
80 pubs a month closing in first quarter of 2024 'unacceptable' (morningadvertiser.co.uk)
Clearly you can't read as there is shellfish, Bass and Sardines on the menu. You really are full of it. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 30, 2024, 06:48:00 PM
You talk utter crap, the stuff on the board is perfectly decent pub food. Please tell us, what do you call food?
None of it is perfectly decent pub food. I have not been able to get decent pub food for around three years locally. It is all burgerised, too much bread or too much foreign influence. (Plus far too expensive. Which is why we cook for ourselves.) Luckily top class ingredients are available locally. Local rare breed beef, aged 28 days or more, local pork, veg, and fresh fish, shell fish from the village fishmonger at very competitive prices.
The problem is not confined to Cornwall. 

I am not at all surprised 80 pubs a month are closing.
80 pubs a month closing in first quarter of 2024 'unacceptable' (morningadvertiser.co.uk)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2024, 05:23:00 PM
None of that is food. (Seriously.) I do not like messed about food, or fish in batter.
You talk utter crap, the stuff on the board is perfectly decent pub food. Please tell us, what do you call food?

Borg Refinery

There's always Yarg to go with the Mousehole - sorry stargazy pie which looks like it has green on top

Then there's saffron buns ... and many other culinary peculiarities I'm sure

Or you could treat yourself to new potatoes, a selection of seafood and fish in a white wine sauce with samphire etc

I know which one I'm going for
+++

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on June 30, 2024, 05:01:43 PM
Smugglers Fish And Chip Shop
Ann's Pasties
Cafe Coast Bar and Bistro

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x486b2a34b0c98f9d%3A0xaf8b682d030667c6!15sCgIYIQ&viewerState=lb&cr=lm_1e&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDltiQ2YOHAxXqMlkFHaPcAmcQzeMEegQIDBAA

That doesn't look "Burgerised" to me, that's from doing a search for 'restaurants in The Lizard, Cornwall' on Google.

IIRC, you said a good meal for you is something like a Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pie.

Corr, I could murder one of those here in the United States right about now.......
None of that is food. (Seriously.) I do not like messed about food, or fish in batter.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2024, 03:30:36 PM
Nick, you don't live where I live. There is nowhere that does what I call food. (You have shown eff all.) ALL the local food outlets are "burgerised," or some kind of foreign takeaway.

Smugglers Fish And Chip Shop
Ann's Pasties
Cafe Coast Bar and Bistro

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x486b2a34b0c98f9d%3A0xaf8b682d030667c6!15sCgIYIQ&viewerState=lb&cr=lm_1e&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDltiQ2YOHAxXqMlkFHaPcAmcQzeMEegQIDBAA

That doesn't look "Burgerised" to me, that's from doing a search for 'restaurants in The Lizard, Cornwall' on Google.

IIRC, you said a good meal for you is something like a Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pie.

Corr, I could murder one of those here in the United States right about now.......
+++

Borg Refinery

If you ban all tourists, income will collapse, however limiting overtourism as many places in the world have done and heavily regulating (or outright banning) AirBNB and similar is probably on the cards and for good reason. That's what Cornwall should do.
+++

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2024, 09:55:22 AM
My local spoons (Helston) does not serve "good" traditional food. I was forced to eat in there last May the 8th, it was bloody awful. As state early they stopped doing decent food back in 2016. (Widely reported.)
You've said several times on here that you don't live in Helston, do you need me to quote one?

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2024, 08:48:28 AM
I have a bus pass. I do not follow ANY religion. But frankly anyone who poo poos climate change has their head jammed up their backside.
And this where (as usual) your argument falls down.If you'd bothered to read more on here you'd have seen Ive stated the climate changes because it always has.

What I do not subscribe  to is the hysteria surrounding the issue we see today.

Also your lack of debating skills is shown by that in bold above which would suggest your ignorance perhaps is displayed yourself with anal and head in places a experienced yoga adherents would find impossible.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2024, 09:24:05 AM

Can we assume that your campsite in France serves sausage and mash?

The campsite in Brittany does not do catering apart from a pre ordered continental breakfast. We have had sausage and mash in one of the local menu ouvrier restaurants. I have also had a raised pie in a menu ouvrier. We can also get some gourmet type meals like Ormeaux (Abalone.) The local Viviers, (fresh fish/shell fish merchants,) also do fruits de mer as a takeaway.
Basically we can get excellent food a lot cheaper that we can in the UK. (There is one local novelty, which we have not used, 24 hour Pizza vending machines.)