More scaremongering debunked.

Started by Nick, June 17, 2024, 11:05:46 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 18, 2024, 11:54:26 AM
It does have something to with the French elections though we are having one as well if you hadn't noticed . The UK is seen as a safe bet as a place to list your company though so there we have it . The FTSE 100  is mostly international blue chip companies .

A better guide of where the financial centre sits is the FTSE 250 . It is however something to cheer not get down about ,so how about it Papa ?

Three cheers for the City of London , hip ,hip ...............Union Flag

UK equity fund exodus continues as investors yank more than £8bn (fnlondon.com)

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2024, 07:22:33 AM
The movement out of France is fear of a Le Pen government, nothing to do with the UK.
It does have something to with the French elections though we are having one as well if you hadn't noticed . The UK is seen as a safe bet as a place to list your company though so there we have it . The FTSE 100  is mostly international blue chip companies .

A better guide of where the financial centre sits is the FTSE 250 . It is however something to cheer not get down about ,so how about it Papa ?

Three cheers for the City of London , hip ,hip ...............Union Flag

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2024, 11:05:46 PM
What were we told, major financial institutes would leave the U.K. like rats off a sinking ship. In the words of Dr Evil, "How about NO"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqee1vpe3deo

People might have knee jerk reactions but they don't abandon the best and accept mediocracy.
The movement out of France is fear of a Le Pen government, nothing to do with the UK.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

I think us leavers were on the ball with this part of the argument .London was always going to be the main financial centre of Europe due to the support system and associated business that London offers . 
After that was explained to me by some mates who work in the City I never had any doubts that even if there was a temporary move to other European centres London would come back the stronger .

Im not sure who they were trying to scare with their scaremongering as the people who would have been most affected were relaxed about what the future beheld .

Speaking of which ,residential  Construction companies are a good punt .Recent slow down due interest rates are about to be reversed and the much needed house building programme is ready for lift off .

Nick

What were we told, major financial institutes would leave the U.K. like rats off a sinking ship. In the words of Dr Evil, "How about NO"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqee1vpe3deo

People might have knee jerk reactions but they don't abandon the best and accept mediocracy. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.