More scaremongering debunked.

Started by Nick, June 17, 2024, 11:05:46 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 01, 2024, 11:52:32 PM
You sure about that Nick. I'm no statistician (i just used stats in my published scientific papers) but what i see in the ten year graph is the steady climb you refer to with a kicking where Covid reached the UK in the winter of 2019 and the whole of 2020, recovering and climbing until about 2021 and then falling faster than a 1920's banker jumping off tbe empire state
The second drop was due to Putin and his war. The point being none of it had anything to do with Brexit. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2024, 02:58:54 PM
This shows a steady climb, regardless of Brexit, and the only drop was due to Covid.
You sure about that Nick. I'm no statistician (i just used stats in my published scientific papers) but what i see in the ten year graph is the steady climb you refer to with a kicking where Covid reached the UK in the winter of 2019 and the whole of 2020, recovering and climbing until about 2021 and then falling faster than a 1920's banker jumping off tbe empire state 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 30, 2024, 08:51:36 PM

Sorry if the truth hurts Nick, I suggest you watch Channel 4 tonight at 21.00 hours.

Watch Skint: The Truth about Britain's Economy | Stream free on Channel 4

Britain feels under-funded and falling apart. On the eve of the election, as politicians debate the causes, economist Tim Harford looks at what the numbers reveal about the broken state we're in.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2024, 09:28:01 PM
Nick frankly you are totally blinkered to the damage 14 years of Tories has done.  Turning around? The country is sinking ever deeper in to the mire.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 20, 2024, 09:04:04 AM
You can't look passed your hatred and see the reality: which is that the country is turning round after Covid and Ukraine.
Nick frankly you are totally blinkered to the damage 14 years of Tories has done.  Turning around? The country is sinking ever deeper in to the mire.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 20, 2024, 07:06:48 AM
Nick, 14 years of Tories had totally fubared Britain. That you personally do not seem to have been damaged is frankly a puzzle.
You can't look passed your hatred and see the reality: which is that the country is turning round after Covid and Ukraine. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 20, 2024, 12:31:07 AM
U.K. has one of the lowest interest rates in the G7 and also one of the biggest growths in the G7. Labour are going to destroy what has taken a fine balance to slowly put back on an even keel.
Nick, 14 years of Tories had totally fubared Britain. That you personally do not seem to have been damaged is frankly a puzzle. 

Nick

U.K. has one of the lowest interest rates in the G7 and also one of the biggest growths in the G7. Labour are going to destroy what has taken a fine balance to slowly put back on an even keel. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 19, 2024, 08:40:10 AM
I have, read ALL of the article.
There is just a graph and then a list of companies, what have you read?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
Open your eyes and look at the graph FFS 🤦
I have, read ALL of the article.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2024, 04:04:43 PM
No it doesn't read ALL of it.
Open your eyes and look at the graph FFS 🤦 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2024, 02:58:54 PM
This shows a steady climb, regardless of Brexit, and the only drop was due to Covid.
No it doesn't read ALL of it.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 18, 2024, 02:52:50 PM
https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/stock-market-summary/ftse-250

Chicken shit Investors are losing out then

Nick