Assange Chooses Death Over Starmer Government ??

Started by johnofgwent, June 25, 2024, 09:51:05 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Barry on June 26, 2024, 10:02:29 PM
Here is papasmurf being wrong again. We await your apology.
He knows Baz, that's why he's gone missing. I'll get Gandalf to go knock on Bag End 😉. 14K posts, ever seen an admission that he was wrong?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2024, 07:45:51 PM
Sorry Nick but you have not been keeping up with the reporting either, he is being let free because of "time served," in a British prison.
Here is papasmurf being wrong again. We await your apology.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2024, 07:56:39 AM
And that means he has admitted the offence of espionage and been convicted of it. The fact the USA choose to recognise his time on remand awaiting extradition as contributing to serving the sentence imposed does not mean he 'walks free'. If he 'walked free' he could re-enter the US at a later date. I can't see them admitting him now he has a US Criminal record.

I must say I admire their decision to follow our lead and dump him in Australia where we sent all our most irritating criminals,
He has pleaded guilty to hacking and freed on time served. 

johnofgwent

Sorry Nick but you have not been keeping up with the reporting either, he is being let free because of "time served," in a British prison.
And that means he has admitted the offence of espionage and been convicted of it. The fact the USA choose to recognise his time on remand awaiting extradition as contributing to serving the sentence imposed does not mean he 'walks free'. If he 'walked free' he could re-enter the US at a later date. I can't see them admitting him now he has a US Criminal record.

I must say I admire their decision to follow our lead and dump him in Australia where we sent all our most irritating criminals,
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

As usual you try and play games. You said Biden is about to drop all charges which is wrong, he is being charged with one thing. What has that got to do with being set free? Nothings, it just means he is being accused of something. Plea Bargain, that means he will be charged with something so he is not being let off all charges otherwise he wouldn't have to bargain. 🙄

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2024, 07:29:10 PM
No, he's admitted one charge.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2024, 11:32:40 AM
It is looking as if Biden is about to drop all the charges.
No, he's admitted one charge. 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 25, 2024, 10:42:44 AM
I admit i thought the guy had died of self inflicted stress some time ago

It is looking as if Biden is about to drop all the charges.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 25, 2024, 10:05:04 AM
Not sure what the deal is but sounds like  some sort of pre determined 'trial' and a ride home .
I admit i thought the guy had died of self inflicted stress some time ago

As i said at the time the Ecuadorian embassy chucked him out, he has only himself to blame. I look back at the history of various 'celebrity' advocates of various political issues and i detect a pattern. And one that works generally for the good

i don't know about you, but were i to find myself whether through my own fault or not, suddenly on a state hit list and sitting in a room in some embassy dependent upon the goodwill of some president i'd barely heard of as my only hope of avoiding deportation, i would make it my life's work first to learn everything i could about the  political situation that has led said head of state to detest Uncle Sam so badly and then set about doing my bloody damndest to highlight this unjust treatment of a minnow at tve hands of a superpower for all it was worth

i'd find ways to spin this so hard and fast people would donate money to my campaigns on dodgy satellite TV. I'd get myself made a UN Advocate for the man. I'd find ways they would have to let me represent tbe chap at tve same court they want to string me up in, whimst brandishing the diplomatic immunity the court gave me to press said head of state's case. I'd make myself so bloody important the peopke woukd acceot me as his repkacement.

or try to
what does Asange do?
he uses the embassy internet to take the piss out of the ecuadorian president so much eventually they ask the Met to arrest him.
arsehole
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Neither of you actually seen the reporting? 

Streetwalker

Not sure what the deal is but sounds like  some sort of pre determined 'trial' and a ride home . 

johnofgwent

Clearly Julian has forseen how shitty the world will be next week and has chosen the trial and the inevitable needle rather than the torment of Starmer in charge