Assange Chooses Death Over Starmer Government ??

Started by johnofgwent, June 25, 2024, 09:51:05 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 29, 2024, 10:42:31 AM

When i saw he was volunteering to leave the country ahead of Starmer's taking over i found it most curious that he would volunteer to face that, given the assurances from those who advocate espionage as long as it's the west that's the victim that such was the inevitable end.

But you did not real all of the news item, which made it very clear what was happening. There was no likelyhood of any sentence let alone a death sentence which is why your thread header was nonsense.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 28, 2024, 08:37:38 AM
Nick, you are the most ill informed person I have ever come across. Where is there ANY evidence of Assange choosing death? (The thread is not in the jokes area.)
As i am sure you know, various of the apostles of the hard left preached it would be certain death to let this spy face the music for his illegal activity.

When i saw he was volunteering to leave the country ahead of Starmer's taking over i found it most curious that he would volunteer to face that, given the assurances from those who advocate espionage as long as it's the west that's the victim that such was the inevitable end.

personally of course with my background i would have happily strung him up myself. Our so called newspapers need to understand we are still at war
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 28, 2024, 08:37:38 AM
Nick, you are the most ill informed person I have ever come across. Where is there ANY evidence of Assange choosing death? (The thread is not in the jokes area.)
You had two choices, admit you made a mistake or make yourself look even more stupid, you chose the stupid option. Just move on and stop digging. lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2024, 09:15:19 PM
Deal with it. I've better things to do that argue with someone with the mental age of a 12 year old. (Seriously)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 27, 2024, 08:12:05 PM
Nick how do you know? (Seriously.) The thread header gave the impression John had not even seen or read the news item at all.
Deal with it. I've better things to do that argue with someone with the mental age of a 12 year old. (Seriously)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2024, 05:06:15 PM
Nobody else had any issues, therefore the problem lies with you.
Nick how do you know? (Seriously.) The thread header gave the impression John had not even seen or read the news item at all.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 27, 2024, 03:15:43 PM
No it doesn't. John's thread starter headings are so esoteric, it is often difficult to understand what they are on about.
Nobody else had any issues, therefore the problem lies with you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2024, 02:58:38 PM
And that just proves my point.
No it doesn't. John's thread starter headings are so esoteric, it is often difficult to understand what they are on about.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 27, 2024, 12:47:48 PM
Nick, there is nothing whatsoever to indicate it was satire, given John's history of very odd thread headers often as difficult to understand as Mayan pictograms.
And that just proves my point.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2024, 12:43:34 PM
It's called satire, something you don't understand.
Nick, there is nothing whatsoever to indicate it was satire, given John's history of very odd thread headers often as difficult to understand as Mayan pictograms.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 27, 2024, 12:21:50 PM
That is exactly what it is. (Where the thread header came from is strange to say the least.)
It's called satire, something you don't understand. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 25, 2024, 10:05:04 AM
Not sure what the deal is but sounds like  some sort of pre determined 'trial' and a ride home .
That is exactly what it is. (Where the thread header came from is strange to say the least.)

Barry

I think Biden's administration wanted this out of the way. They must have foreseen what Trump might do when he got in and using the case for grandstanding.

Quote from: papasmurf on June 27, 2024, 08:22:23 AM
I have not gone "missing," at all. That none of you appeared to read about the news item in full or to watch TV news bulletins about it is not my problem.

Honestly, we did read it.
The difference was we understood the deal which had been made and you didn't seem to.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2024, 07:56:39 AM
And that means he has admitted the offence of espionage and been convicted of it. The fact the USA choose to recognise his time on remand awaiting extradition as contributing to serving the sentence imposed does not mean he 'walks free'. If he 'walked free' he could re-enter the US at a later date. I can't see them admitting him now he has a US Criminal record.

I must say I admire their decision to follow our lead and dump him in Australia where we sent all our most irritating criminals,
Well it draws a line under it all I suppose and I think you are right as to the conviction .More or less gives any country a reason not to allow him entry so good riddance 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 26, 2024, 11:51:15 PM
He knows Baz, that's why he's gone missing. I'll get Gandalf to go knock on Bag End 😉. 14K posts, ever seen an admission that he was wrong?
I have not gone "missing," at all. That none of you appeared to read about the news item in full or to watch TV news bulletins about it is not my problem.