Opinion polling.

Started by papasmurf, July 02, 2024, 08:22:47 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 04, 2024, 08:27:18 AM
Keep it clean JoG ;)
Not a single activist. Butvat least this chap knew how to process my Voter Id
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 04, 2024, 08:17:56 AM
I shall be doing the same in ten minutes

with any luck some of the major parties will have sent their stooges so i can tell them i didn't vote for them....
Keep it clean JoG ;)

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 04, 2024, 07:56:49 AM
So , the only opinion poll that matters is underway . I was first one in this morning with the handbrake so  reform were in the lead 2-0 at least for a short while . Union Flag
I shall be doing the same in ten minutes

with any luck some of the major parties will have sent their stooges so i can tell them i didn't vote for them....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

So , the only opinion poll that matters is underway . I was first one in this morning with the handbrake so  reform were in the lead 2-0 at least for a short while . Union Flag

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2024, 10:37:01 PM
There were no nasty insults, stop with the stupid accusations just cause you're being found out again.
Yes there were Nick. Very nasty insults.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2024, 05:51:32 PM
Yes but that does not stop computer generated dialing and scammers.  (Dialling 1572 stops the last number from calling again.)I note you cannot help the totally uncalled for nasty insult.
There were no nasty insults, stop with the stupid accusations just cause you're being found out again. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2024, 10:19:25 AM
You really do come out with some bollocks.
Says the man who has just told a total stranger on the phone, who could have been anyone, personal information. Doesn't sound like the actions of someone with any common sense. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 03, 2024, 05:04:18 PM
But are you TPS'd ?

Yes but that does not stop computer generated dialing and scammers.  (Dialling 1572 stops the last number from calling again.)I note you cannot help the totally uncalled for nasty insult.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2024, 08:11:05 AM
John I am ex directory, the call was from a computer generated system. There was no piss taking involved the only questions I got asked were age, and educational qualifications. I was too qualified for the demographic MORI was looking for in this instance.  So I have no idea what the poll would have been about.
But are you TPS'd ?

As i said, but won't bother repeating a third time after this post...

i am not remotely convinced random diallers are even legal these days as they were back around the turn of the century, and even when they were, and polling and marketing organisations used them, it was an industry code requirement that any such numbers were not a match to the TPS exclusion list. I know they used it because i used to put my own phone number into the test pool knowing it was TPS flagged and woe betide the idiot whose system allowed contact.

For these reasons whoever it was it does not sound like it was a genuine MR or Polling company. I get a dozen calls a week from scammers oretending to be from O2 etc etc 

hence my suggestion.

of course, i supose it is possible they were trawlomg cornish villagrs in search of useful idiots .......

Streetwalker

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 03, 2024, 10:16:13 AM
I'll give you a tip ::) Don't tell em anything ,they are Russians after your pension and before you know it you will be down the foodbank pleading poverty .Putin has your wife's  bank details ? Feck me Papa I thought you were clued up on all this stuff  not only are you telling them what you want for breakfast you have let them in the door and shown them around your house , sorry Bungalow . AI will do the rest and you will be out on your ear within weeks .
You really do come out with some bollocks. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2024, 09:47:11 AM
FFS, They stated who they were and went through the legal blurb before even starting to ask any question. My wife and I are asked survey questions on a regular basis by email. I would have thought any one here would know survey companies wish to know if you fit the demographic the require before continuing. (My wife gets £50 every so often from Yougov as she is registered with them.)
I'll give you a tip ::) Don't tell em anything ,they are Russians after your pension and before you know it you will be down the foodbank pleading poverty .Putin has your wife's  bank details ? Feck me Papa I thought you were clued up on all this stuff  not only are you telling them what you want for breakfast you have let them in the door and shown them around your house , sorry Bungalow . AI will do the rest and you will be out on your ear within weeks .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 03, 2024, 09:35:46 AM
I guess they got it wrong , anyone who is educationally overqualified would have hung up before the first question was asked . Maybe they should have stuck with it ;)
FFS, They stated who they were and went through the legal blurb before even starting to ask any question. My wife and I are asked survey questions on a regular basis by email. I would have thought any one here would know survey companies wish to know if you fit the demographic the require before continuing. (My wife gets £50 every so often from Yougov as she is registered with them.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 02, 2024, 08:22:47 AM
Yesterday at around 17.00 hours the phone rang, it was MORI the opinion pollsters. (I am ex directory, by they were using random number phoning.) After asking me a few questions it transpired I am overqualified educationally  for the demographic they wished to poll.
I guess they got it wrong , anyone who is educationally overqualified would have hung up before the first question was asked . Maybe they should have stuck with it ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 03, 2024, 08:03:10 AM

I think your caller was, to be frank, taking the piss.
John I am ex directory, the call was from a computer generated system. There was no piss taking involved the only questions I got asked were age, and educational qualifications. I was too qualified for the demographic MORI was looking for in this instance.  So I have no idea what the poll would have been about.