Hilarious Interview With 'Brexit Hardman' Steve Baker & Gideon Osborne

Started by Borg Refinery, July 06, 2024, 06:45:25 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2024, 12:14:03 PM
Streetwalker you are just as capable of checking their backgrounds, statements and speeches as I am. It is best you look for yourself. (30p Lee is VERY nasty.)
Funny how other MP's say that Lee Anderson is a very nice bloke. 
As SW has said, you have shown no evidence and you are now doing your usual ducking and diving. Either show evidence or retract your statement. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 07, 2024, 11:45:58 AM
Debate would include some sort of evidence of your contentions . You can't just keep saying Nasty , nasty , nasty NASTY, very nasty, pasty, nasty . That doesn't promote debate ,it shuts it down .
Streetwalker you are just as capable of checking their backgrounds, statements and speeches as I am. It is best you look for yourself. (30p Lee is VERY nasty.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2024, 10:28:05 AM
Nick, is debate impossible for you? Those three MPs really do not stand up to close scrutiny and background checks. They are VERY nasty people.
Debate would include some sort of evidence of your contentions . You can't just keep saying Nasty , nasty , nasty NASTY, very nasty, pasty, nasty . That doesn't promote debate ,it shuts it down .

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 06, 2024, 07:56:39 PM
Come now ,Im not insinuating anything .All Im saying as is Reform with their membership policy is that being a new party with new members ,people who often have little checkable history its best to err on the side of caution and have a protected inner circle .
The major parties attract as many loony tunes but have years to work them out as they rise through the ranks , thats the difference .

Maybe true, nonetheless, they did almost 0 background checks on many of them, as their recent posts from social media would have shown they've recently engaged in stuff bad enough to get them booted.

It seems to me like they do as little checking of candidates as most other parties, the only thing I'd agree with you on is that other parties do little checking of their candidates and act surprised when they get found out
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 06, 2024, 09:35:57 PM
You are so predictable... And boring. 🥱
Nick, is debate impossible for you? Those three MPs really do not stand up to close scrutiny and background checks. They are VERY nasty people.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 06, 2024, 08:17:50 PM
Reform MPs seems to be Nasty Party Mark Two. Farage, Tice, and 30p Lee. (When it comes to checking if you have little checkable history you normally don't get the job. Not being able to account for even a few days is suspicious. I have had that problem in the past. I did however find and dust the bat guano and cobwebs off of a daily ledger I kept from 1972 until 1979, and was able to account for the "lost" days.)
You are so predictable... And boring. 🥱 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 06, 2024, 07:56:39 PM
Come now ,Im not insinuating anything .All Im saying as is Reform with their membership policy is that being a new party with new members ,people who often have little checkable history its best to err on the side of caution and have a protected inner circle .
The major parties attract as many loony tunes but have years to work them out as they rise through the ranks , thats the difference .
Reform MPs seems to be Nasty Party Mark Two. Farage, Tice, and 30p Lee. (When it comes to checking if you have little checkable history you normally don't get the job. Not being able to account for even a few days is suspicious. I have had that problem in the past. I did however find and dust the bat guano and cobwebs off of a daily ledger I kept from 1972 until 1979, and was able to account for the "lost" days.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 06, 2024, 04:33:26 PM
You're free to insinuate I'm a village idiot who needs to be kept away from the party by all means.

I'd just point you to one thing: the candidates attracted to the party who Farage himself labelled "idiots". That would appear to have taken the rug beneath your argument, but like I said, you are free to believe as you wish

Borg Refinery

You're free to insinuate I'm a village idiot who needs to be kept away from the party by all means.

I'd just point you to one thing: the candidates attracted to the party who Farage himself labelled "idiots". That would appear to have taken the rug beneath your argument, but like I said, you are free to believe as you wish
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 06, 2024, 02:49:36 PM
I agree about the 2015 Thanet debacle with Mackinlay and overspending, that was obviously a fix up by the Tories.

The Reform Party's structure is even less democratic than traditional parties and largely hinges on the wishes of billionaire Tice, everything they are involved in looks dodgy.

Links can be provided to all that on request, but I suspect you don't particularly want to be lectured about it, which is alright, but I think it's fairly obvious they are far from being a vehicle for democracy

If they had formed a real reform coalition across partisan lines I might have been more inclined to listen, but alas
The way they have structured the party is for the reasons Ive already stated and though that does give the impression of being undemocratic its not a bad thing if it keeps dissenters and village idiots away . Not sure what you think is dodgy about it .

Borg Refinery

I agree about the 2015 Thanet debacle with Mackinlay and overspending, that was obviously a fix up by the Tories.

The Reform Party's structure is even less democratic than traditional parties and largely hinges on the wishes of billionaire Tice, everything they are involved in looks dodgy.

Links can be provided to all that on request, but I suspect you don't particularly want to be lectured about it, which is alright, but I think it's fairly obvious they are far from being a vehicle for democracy

If they had formed a real reform coalition across partisan lines I might have been more inclined to listen, but alas
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 06, 2024, 11:23:02 AM
Glad you think Baker is 'on the right track'.

Fair enough.

Let's see how Reform UK do going forward, let's see if they can win anymore by-elections in coming years, I think they were hoping for 16 MPs but only got 5, so not a great start. I'm sure Baker might be more inclined to join a group like that in the future, if he ever runs again. IIRC Farage said it took him 30 years to get into Westminster the other day, seeing as he first ran for a constituency 30 years ago now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_history_of_Nigel_Farage

My belief is that Reform will probably implode due to internal differences and go the way of UKIP etc
Farage is on record as saying he only thought he had a chance of being elected twice before and one of them was when the torys cheated with overspending as they threw everything they had at the election to stop Farage . The other times he stood were at UKIPs beginning when you could count their votes on one hand . That of course doesn't stop the MSM going on about how many goes Farage had at being elected and though 8 is factually correct 3 would be a truer representation .

I think Farage saw how small parties can implode as they grow as all comers and wanna be politicians scramble about for a place at the top table . Its why he made sure the UKIP experience wouldn't be repeated by not having an elected NEC at Reform .

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 06, 2024, 09:40:39 AM
Reminded me of one night at the golf club just after the Referendum when Osborne was giving a talk to anyone stupid enough to pay £60 for a fish supper . (I was on the other side in the spike bar)  One of the  members tore him a new one over his fiscal policies and he didn't have any answers which makes me think Baker is on the right track .
But he seems quite happy to be out of parliament which is probably how most Tories feel who lost their seats. I got the impression they were not fighting very hard

Glad you think Baker is 'on the right track'.

Fair enough.

Let's see how Reform UK do going forward, let's see if they can win anymore by-elections in coming years, I think they were hoping for 16 MPs but only got 5, so not a great start. I'm sure Baker might be more inclined to join a group like that in the future, if he ever runs again. IIRC Farage said it took him 30 years to get into Westminster the other day, seeing as he first ran for a constituency 30 years ago now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_history_of_Nigel_Farage

My belief is that Reform will probably implode due to internal differences and go the way of UKIP etc
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 06, 2024, 09:40:39 AM

But he seems quite happy to be out of parliament which is probably how most Tories feel who lost their seats. I got the impression they were not fighting very hard
There were no door knocking canvassers from any party where I live. I did however get a hand written, personalised letter from the candidate who won. (He has worked  with a local charitable trust to create more affordable homes in the area.)

Streetwalker

Reminded me of one night at the golf club just after the Referendum when Osborne was giving a talk to anyone stupid enough to pay £60 for a fish supper . (I was on the other side in the spike bar)  One of the  members tore him a new one over his fiscal policies and he didn't have any answers which makes me think Baker is on the right track .