Hilarious Interview With 'Brexit Hardman' Steve Baker & Gideon Osborne

Started by Borg Refinery, July 06, 2024, 06:45:25 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 09:31:07 AM
At least he doesn't want machine gun nests posted around the UK border eh? :D
Machine gun towers set up for enfilade fire. (That would not stop the problem of Legal migration into Britain. The Tories let more immigrants into the country on their watch than came here in the previous 2000 years.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 08:30:43 AM
30p Lee does not know what he is on about which is why he is nicknamed 30p Lee.  People agreeing with what he says merely means they are a pig ignorant as he is.

At least he doesn't want machine gun nests posted around the UK border eh? :D
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 09, 2024, 08:06:36 AM
You might ,others would say he is someone who has seen the politics and life from many different angles and is someone who actually knows what he is talking about . He didn't get elected because he is a gobby lout , he got elected because people agree with what he says and in some cases with what he has done .
30p Lee does not know what he is on about which is why he is nicknamed 30p Lee.  People agreeing with what he says merely means they are a pig ignorant as he is.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 08, 2024, 02:53:35 PM
30p Lee is what could be referred to as a boorish gobby lout — I think that's a bit more specific than very nasty...
You might ,others would say he is someone who has seen the politics and life from many different angles and is someone who actually knows what he is talking about . He didn't get elected because he is a gobby lout , he got elected because people agree with what he says and in some cases with what he has done . 

Borg Refinery

The wonderful foreign secretary was smart enough to moan about a lack of police presence while a police officer was standing behind him

https://inews.co.uk/news/david-lammy-police-officer-labour-london-murder-crime-141751

I think he'll do a fantastic job* I really do

*by
+++

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 08, 2024, 10:46:42 PM
No surprise there

1) The irony of you accusing others of verbiage = fantastic

2) Abbott was kicked out of Labour for racism (clearly this needs explaining in clear terms) but was let back in the party, that makes them worse than reform

Glad to be of service, can't make it any simpler
David Lammy is one of the most dangerous, he even called the papal smoke racist lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 08, 2024, 08:46:20 AM
I have no problems on other forums Nick.
That's cause you are banned most of the time. I am on some of those forums also. 

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on July 08, 2024, 07:12:16 PM
I don't understand what point or points you are attempting to make.
No surprise there

QuoteCutting through the verbiage about who's living in Abbott's and Corbyn's constituencies — both candidates got returned,  Abbot with over 60% of the vote, and Corbyn with nearly half. So it seems to me that supporters  of both have had their say (and their way).

I'm not a supporter of Corbyn — he seems trapped in immature student politics.

My vote for Abbott this time, was simply because the over-enthusiastic party advisers, who couldn't resist leaking and embellishing to the press that she was going, were stupid. It backfired, grandly, and made Labour look to local voters, both vindictive and stupid.

Diane Abbott has health issues and, I am led to believe, was considering retiring (I hope for her sake, she does soon) until the Labour HQ advisor clowns wanted to look big with their media contacts.

Hopefully, all that is clear...

1) The irony of you accusing others of verbiage = fantastic

2) Abbott was kicked out of Labour for racism (clearly this needs explaining in clear terms) but was let back in the party, that makes them worse than reform

Glad to be of service, can't make it any simpler
+++

patman post

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 08, 2024, 03:02:25 PM
You know, Nick and Streetwalker raise good points about how the other parties fare

Do you think Labour are much better? Your own MP (who was also my MP for most of my life when I lived in Stoke Newington) could also be so described. What was it she said about white people again? Or how Jews don't face racism?

And she's back in Labour?

Maybe Reform UK have higher standards than Labour? At least they booted those candidates. We know she's back in Labour don't we.

And by the way, I recognise she's quite good as a local constituency MP, just as Corbyn is, they do help their constituents where they can. I just wish they would mostly stick to that

All that being said, how gentrified are Islington and Hackney these days? How good are they really as constituency MPs as the locals get socially cleansed out of the areas they've lived in all their lives? Working class people of all genders, colours, persuasions are being removed from areas they lived in all or most of their adult life?

I read that even bankers can't afford Stoke Newington now, will only the billionaire oligarc class soon be able to afford London?
I don't understand what point or points you are attempting to make.

Cutting through the verbiage about who's living in Abbott's and Corbyn's constituencies — both candidates got returned,  Abbot with over 60% of the vote, and Corbyn with nearly half. So it seems to me that supporters  of both have had their say (and their way).

I'm not a supporter of Corbyn — he seems trapped in immature student politics.

My vote for Abbott this time, was simply because the over-enthusiastic party advisers, who couldn't resist leaking and embellishing to the press that she was going, were stupid. It backfired, grandly, and made Labour look to local voters, both vindictive and stupid.

Diane Abbott has health issues and, I am led to believe, was considering retiring (I hope for her sake, she does soon) until the Labour HQ advisor clowns wanted to look big with their media contacts.

Hopefully, all that is clear...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on July 08, 2024, 02:53:35 PM
30p Lee is what could be referred to as a boorish gobby lout — I think that's a bit more specific than very nasty...

You know, Nick and Streetwalker raise good points about how the other parties fare

Do you think Labour are much better? Your own MP (who was also my MP for most of my life when I lived in Stoke Newington) could also be so described. What was it she said about white people again? Or how Jews don't face racism?

And she's back in Labour?

Maybe Reform UK have higher standards than Labour? At least they booted those candidates. We know she's back in Labour don't we.

And by the way, I recognise she's quite good as a local constituency MP, just as Corbyn is, they do help their constituents where they can. I just wish they would mostly stick to that

All that being said, how gentrified are Islington and Hackney these days? How good are they really as constituency MPs as the locals get socially cleansed out of the areas they've lived in all their lives? Working class people of all genders, colours, persuasions are being removed from areas they lived in all or most of their adult life?

I read that even bankers can't afford Stoke Newington now, will only the billionaire oligarc class soon be able to afford London?
+++

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2024, 12:14:03 PM
Streetwalker you are just as capable of checking their backgrounds, statements and speeches as I am. It is best you look for yourself. (30p Lee is VERY nasty.)
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 07, 2024, 07:51:41 PM
Your comments are dull and your lack of ability to debate is a joke. I wonder why anyone ever responds.
I have no problems on other forums Nick. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2024, 06:50:40 PM
All three are nasty just as bad as the Tories.
Your comments are dull and your lack of ability to debate is a joke. I wonder why anyone ever responds. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 07, 2024, 05:32:28 PM
Indeed I am and do on regular intervals when supporting parties . Which is why I and others question what you say .Maybe your 'nasty' bar is a lot lower than others but as Nick has said  its evidence or retract .
All three are nasty just as bad as the Tories.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2024, 12:14:03 PM
Streetwalker you are just as capable of checking their backgrounds, statements and speeches as I am. It is best you look for yourself. (30p Lee is VERY nasty.)
Indeed I am and do on regular intervals when supporting parties . Which is why I and others question what you say .Maybe your 'nasty' bar is a lot lower than others but as Nick has said  its evidence or retract .