Hilarious Interview With 'Brexit Hardman' Steve Baker & Gideon Osborne

Started by Borg Refinery, July 06, 2024, 06:45:25 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2024, 07:28:45 PM
Might be useful if you set out why Nick ( or anyone else is wrong) than shouting bollocks,
Think you've got the wrong bollocks 😉 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 06:25:41 PM
You leave out the cost of getting to and from Iceland and the cost of cooking the food. As for:- " I notice there is never a shortage of people smoking outside the food banks," more propaganda bollocks from you. You are a waste of time.
Might be useful if you set out why Nick ( or anyone else is wrong) than shouting bollocks,
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 06:25:41 PMYou leave out the cost of getting to and from Iceland
And that just shows that you can either not read or understand what people write.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 09, 2024, 06:23:04 PM
I can cook a meal for 4 people for the price of a frozen disgusting meal from Iceland. A packet of Spaghetti is 28p, tin of tomato's 39p, mince 3 quid. Onions a quid, the rest should be in every household's cupboards and if it's not then they are stupid. I notice there is never a shortage of people smoking outside the food banks, at nearly 15 pound a packet they do not get any sympathy from me. But it's all the Tories fault that they can't cook, budget and refuse to cut down on fags and booze.
You leave out the cost of getting to and from Iceland and the cost of cooking the food. As for:- " I notice there is never a shortage of people smoking outside the food banks," more propaganda bollocks from you. You are a waste of time.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 09, 2024, 06:07:40 PM
That just means you were racist at an early, and that your parents were racist too, as racism is a learnt behavior.
Nick I am NOT a racist. You are, as per usual writing bollocks. The long term sustainable carrying capacity of each country and the World is a serious issue.
I assume you call David Attenborough a racist.

Sir David Attenborough: we must act on population - Population Matters

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 04:26:08 PM
Food banks in general do not produce fresh meals. (Normally no facilities. Other charities do though. )
I can cook a meal for 4 people for the price of a frozen disgusting meal from Iceland. A packet of Spaghetti is 28p, tin of tomato's 39p, mince 3 quid. Onions a quid, the rest should be in every household's cupboards and if it's not then they are stupid. I notice there is never a shortage of people smoking outside the food banks, at nearly 15 pound a packet they do not get any sympathy from me. But it's all the Tories fault that they can't cook, budget and refuse to cut down on fags and booze.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 02:42:06 PM
My wishing to stop ALL immigration goes back to when I was eleven years old. (1959.) It relates to Britain going past the long term sustainable human carrying capacity back around 1840.
I am not entering in to yet another 4000 contribution thread about that. (It has zero to do with Malthus.)
That just means you were racist at an early, and that your parents were racist too, as racism is a learnt behavior. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 09, 2024, 05:09:22 PM
All I know is what I see in the donation bin when I throw  my meagre offerings in Tesco  on a Friday morning and it dont look good

So Anderson is right then ? If people cooked fresh meals they could eat better and cheaper ,he even offered free cooking lessons ,just dont get what he has done to give you the hump about him . Maybe being a Tory was enough .
Because there is a list of what the foodbanks want.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 04:15:37 PM
Obviously you know bugger all about shopping or food banks. (Plus fresh produce is expensive and getting more so.)

All I know is what I see in the donation bin when I throw  my meagre offerings in Tesco  on a Friday morning and it dont look good 

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 04:26:08 PM
Food banks in general do not produce fresh meals. (Normally no facilities. Other charities do though. )
So Anderson is right then ? If people cooked fresh meals they could eat better and cheaper ,he even offered free cooking lessons ,just dont get what he has done to give you the hump about him . Maybe being a Tory was enough . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 04:33:01 PM
A bunch of food banks do produce meals, they are the better ones

The ones that produce meals are not food banks, they are community kitchens, often but not always religious based.
Where I live there are several. Mustard Seed in Helston, and this one in Penzance, there are others:- Street Food Project - Growing Links

Borg Refinery

A bunch of food banks do produce meals, they are the better ones

If supermarkets weren't as greedy as they are, they could donate more useful food items to food banks and also useful small white goods such as hobs so they can cook meals
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 04:17:37 PM
It's true that food banks don't stock the best produce for people, but that's because they must take what people donate to them. It's not the food banks' fault.

Some of them seem to try a bit harder and produce fresh meals and try to make them as nutritious as possible, looks like it varies wildly throughout the UK
Food banks in general do not produce fresh meals. (Normally no facilities. Other charities do though. ) 

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 04:15:37 PM
Obviously you know bugger all about shopping or food banks. (Plus fresh produce is expensive and getting more so.)

It's true that food banks don't stock the best produce for people, but that's because they must take what people donate to them. It's not the food banks' fault.

Some of them seem to try a bit harder and produce fresh meals and try to make them as nutritious as possible, looks like it varies wildly throughout the UK
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 04:13:59 PM

The food banks don't stock the best food all the time from what I've seen, but that's probably because they take what they are given and don't have much of a choice in the matter,
Precisely.