List of ministers in the new Labour government.

Started by papasmurf, July 06, 2024, 12:50:17 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Sunak announces his shadow cabinet ..............tumbleweed.........

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 08, 2024, 08:18:34 PM
https://prowritingaid.com/effected-vs-affected

h.t.h.
Grammar Nazi — at least I try to be more gentle in my chiding, I find it more effective against those affected with the effects of grammar deprivation...

PS — I once misspelled puerile, it was months before that was let go...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2024, 06:49:37 PM
It is going to be a national  campaign as those effected are all over Britain. Millions of people know about it, it was a  big unmentioned by the media/press/political parties during the General Election Campaign elephant in the room.
https://prowritingaid.com/effected-vs-affected

h.t.h.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

David Lammy in the Foreign Office?

QuoteOn 19 November 2023, Lammy visited Israel and had a meeting with Israeli President Isaac Herzog and Foreign Minister Eli Cohen.[45] That month, Lammy said an Israeli strike on a refugee camp could be "legally justified".[46] In January 2024, as he was giving a speech, he was interrupted by pro-Palestinian protesters.[47]

Wiki

Wonderful. And he breached the MPs code of conduct.

Has Sir Keir Knight Of The Realm Starmer made amends for Beergate yet?
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 07, 2024, 05:45:08 PM
Dr Doom ?

But anyway its not going to be a 'National campaign' if nobody bloody well knows about it ,is it ?
It is going to be a national  campaign as those effected are all over Britain. Millions of people know about it, it was a  big unmentioned by the media/press/political parties during the General Election Campaign elephant in the room.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2024, 12:17:24 PM
I am not about to pre-empt what is going to be a national campaign apparently starting on the 18th of July.
One of Starmer's ministerial appointments has caused shock and revulsion amongst those effected. (Frankly I had had great difficulty believing it.)
Dr Doom ?

But anyway its not going to be a 'National campaign' if nobody bloody well knows about it ,is it ?

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2024, 12:17:24 PM
I am not about to pre-empt what is going to be a national campaign apparently starting on the 18th of July.
One of Starmer's ministerial appointments has caused shock and revulsion amongst those effected. (Frankly I had had great difficulty believing it.)
July 18 is unlikely to register with me — just been invited to the Trent Bridge test...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

It seems to me that the new Cabinet table hides a re-formed Blair Government. Those appointed as Ministers by Starmer seem to be simply a front for Blair's cohorts to re-run the mistakes of the Blair years.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 07, 2024, 11:34:19 AM
The suspense is killing me

Streetwalker

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 07, 2024, 09:53:56 AM
Are you fishing for questions about your obsession with cornwalls fishing industry?
Precisely zero to do with the fishing industry.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 06, 2024, 03:04:21 PM
I don't have any expectations. I and others are starting lobbying in the next few days.(Very specific problem which no-one mentioned at all in the General Election Campaign. Keeping it to ourselves at the moment.)
Are you fishing for questions about your obsession with cornwalls fishing industry?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?