Main Menu

Too Many Topics?

Started by Borg Refinery, July 12, 2024, 07:35:21 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on August 10, 2024, 03:49:53 PM
I think a lot of people on forums have quite obsessive personalities and I am one.
Sometimes it feels like, I could really do with leaving this alone for my own good, but I'm quite addicted to the interaction an many of the participants feel like family.
Yup, that's exactly me with fora too, if I didn't quite like people here there's no way I would've bothered coming back, even if the fighting here has been a bit much at times in the past

Wonder what happened to old GerryT and some of the others? They sadly haven't come back either, would be nice to hear his perspective on all the stuff that's been going down in Ireland
+++

Nick

Quote from: Barry on August 11, 2024, 04:13:28 PM
They are probably grateful. And thank you so much for missing the point. So predictable.
Missed or ignored?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 11, 2024, 04:13:28 PM
They are probably grateful. And thank you so much for missing the point. So predictable.
You can pick your friends but not your relatives.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2024, 05:19:16 PM
There are reasons I live 320 miles away from my family.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 10, 2024, 03:49:53 PM
 I'm quite addicted to the interaction an many of the participants feel like family.
There are reasons I live 320 miles away from my family. 

Barry

I think a lot of people on forums have quite obsessive personalities and I am one.
Sometimes it feels like, I could really do with leaving this alone for my own good, but I'm quite addicted to the interaction an many of the participants feel like family. 
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2024, 12:41:45 PM
And welcome you are too,it is worth remembering that whilst it can become heated interesting sometimes humorous too it's a place where you can vent your thoughts,none are specifically right or wrong but nobody that matters takes a blind bit of notice.
Thank you. I do struggle from an inability to switch off when something is winding me up too much, and always have. But yes not one of us ever makes the slightest bit of difference by gobbing off around places like this. A long time ago now you will recall I had to learn the lesson of how and when to walk away for my own good. I do not place any emotional investment in any forum now nor in most of it's denizens. I go there for fun only. When it ceases to be fun and this looks likely to be an ongoing situation I leave with no regrets. Whenever I leave a forum there are always those whom I will miss but I soon get over that because I have only ever experienced them as pixels on a screen in the form of words.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

The argument of who did what where or when is over,if you wish to pursue it unlucky please do so by pm and not on this topic.

Some posts edited or removed.

Thanks
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on August 02, 2024, 04:59:26 PM
There are actually too other forums. I have deleted my account on both because one is full of insults and trolls, and the other saw someone who vehemently disagrees with me for apparent non evidenced, emotional, reasons pursue the argument into PM territory and did not respect my wishes to desist from the argument when I wanted to walk away from it due to the animosity being generated. When I want to walk away from an argument for a time, that needs to be respected, because I have a lot of shit going on in my life.

For as long as forums such as this remain a pleasurable distraction they are worth me coming to. If they become just another source of stress I walk away. And thus I end up back here.
And welcome you are too,it is worth remembering that whilst it can become heated interesting sometimes humorous too it's a place where you can vent your thoughts,none are specifically right or wrong but nobody that matters takes a blind bit of notice.

Borg Refinery

I was wondering why you had Deleted as your account name elsewhere a 2nd time, you've answered it above.
+++

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on July 12, 2024, 10:07:18 PM
I'm just pleased to see the activity on the up. I'm winding down on the other forum. This one is still the comfy slipper.
There are actually too other forums. I have deleted my account on both because one is full of insults and trolls, and the other saw someone who vehemently disagrees with me for apparent non evidenced, emotional, reasons pursue the argument into PM territory and did not respect my wishes to desist from the argument when I wanted to walk away from it due to the animosity being generated. When I want to walk away from an argument for a time, that needs to be respected, because I have a lot of shit going on in my life.

For as long as forums such as this remain a pleasurable distraction they are worth me coming to. If they become just another source of stress I walk away. And thus I end up back here.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borg Refinery

Yep cancel culture warriors are out in force to cancel your opinions these days - on both the left and right
+++

T00ts

I feel completely politically battered - there is so much happening that I hardly manage to form a view than something else cataclysmic happens and my brain goes into a tailspin. 
TBH I am not totally comfortable anymore sharing my opinion on very much anywhere and have been waiting while occasionally logging on to see where the land really lies here. Perhaps I am not alone.

cromwell

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 20, 2024, 05:50:48 AM
Having tried asking a few former posters to come back, alas, they didn't seem overly interested, not much more I can do for my part

Maybe we need to diversify topics a bit more
Yep tried also and that's all you can do.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 20, 2024, 12:44:20 PM
It was absent for quite a while.
It's good to see it back and it does take a while to increase activity. There's some "instability" on other forums, so we might pick up some survivors. :)
Personally I don't think there are enough topics. (Given the news in the last few days.)