Well will it be coming home?

Started by cromwell, July 13, 2024, 02:48:34 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 14, 2024, 04:43:48 PM
Indeed , I had already had 6 cans when I wrote it ;) But no its Jubel actually
Which is a fruit flavoured lager, horrible stuff.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 14, 2024, 04:36:57 PM
It is Duvel, which has zero to do with Cornwall, it is however 8.5%.
Indeed , I had already had 6 cans when I wrote it ;) But no its Jubel actually 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 14, 2024, 12:42:26 AM

Im on the Dubel , a tasty Cornish fruit infused beer ,not quite England but near enough ;)
It is Duvel, which has zero to do with Cornwall, it is however 8.5%. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Greene King Abbot is the big-brewer beer for me while supporting England teams in most sports — though Red Stripe and Wray & Nephew help me through watching the West Indies playing test cricket...

PS — I forgot to list Guinness if Ireland is playing anyone but England or the Windies..
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

You may as well be cheering on Denmark cromwell . San Miguel sold in the UK is brewed under license by Calsberg UK in Northampton .

Its one of my part time campaigns (too much time on my hands) that supposed foreign beers should be clearly marked as to their origin . As someone who likes to sample foreign beer its noticeable that as soon as they become popular the big brewers will buy the right to brew in the UK and they become the tasteless crap that have been pumping out as brewed beer for years .

Im on the Dubel , a tasty Cornish fruit infused beer ,not quite England but near enough ;)
Don't let Smurf hear you saying tha,cultural misappropriation don't you know.lol
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

You may as well be cheering on Denmark cromwell . San Miguel sold in the UK is brewed under license by Calsberg UK in Northampton .

Its one of my part time campaigns (too much time on my hands) that supposed foreign beers should be clearly marked as to their origin . As someone who likes to sample foreign beer its noticeable that as soon as they become popular the big brewers will buy the right to brew in the UK and they become the tasteless crap that have been pumping out as brewed beer for years .

I'm drinking Jose Cuervo Tequila, I know where my tipple originates for sure.
Probably drinking too much of it if the truth be known. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on July 13, 2024, 05:17:07 PM
Well I'll be cheering on Spain

Sort of,Lidl we're doing a special case of San Miguel £8:99 so bought couple 🍺

Im on the Dubel , a tasty Cornish fruit infused beer ,not quite England but near enough ;)

cromwell

Well I'll be cheering on Spain

Sort of,Lidl we're doing a special case of San Miguel £8:99 so bought couple 🍺

Streetwalker

Well I've never needed an excuse for a few beers though I tend to steer clear of the pubs at such times .Too many daft buggers jumping about half pissed on a couple of pints of Fosters and of course all the football 'experts' who only watch games on the telly in same pub . 

Ive been on the road with England a few times full of expectation and then eventually left disappointed so have sort of protected myself from that by not expecting too much in the first place . Must be how Scottish people cope .

So to the question .....Why not . Spain have shown some good form and are probably the most attack minded team that's been on show but I saw enough in the Germany and France games to know we will have the chances to win this . We have gone behind in all our KO games which has forced us to play on the front foot which suits us .I just hope if we do take the lead that Southgate doesn't revert to type and goes all negative . That's when we lose it.

cromwell

Hope so,good excuse for a few beers.