Trump attempted assassination.

Started by cromwell, July 14, 2024, 06:23:28 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

The investigation is moving fast - faster than the FBI, apparently.
The FBI had the shooter in their sights 42 seconds before he opened fire, but they neither shot him, nor stopped Trump to protect him from the murderous attack
Maybe their job was to kill the murderer after he had killed Trump? Good thing he missed.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 15, 2024, 04:45:54 PM
Nick you are not following the news yet again. In any case the shot was taken at far closer range that first reported. He was a piss poor shot. Not all rifle rounds have a flat trajectory. Nick, I used to work for a firearms dealer.
It was not an AR15 "style" rifle is was an AR15 which is a "civilianised," semi-automatic version of the fully automatic M16 military rifle. "Flat trajectory" is terminology no bullet travels in a flat trajectory. However the higher the muzzle velocity the "flatter" the trajectory. At a 1000 meters 7.62 NATO round would go over the height of a double bus.
I am in the US atm and watching CNN, they are not saying it was an AR15, they are saying it is an AR15-Style weapon, there are many styles of this weapon.
I have shot an SLR when I was in the MOB and your comment about the bus is comical, that is how you sight a rifle at distance, you aim higher and the round drops over distance, it's simple physics. Go and argue with someone else, I really can't be bothered getting into another dead end debate with you.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 15, 2024, 04:30:00 PM
Firstly, you don't know what rifle he had and there are many AR-Style rifles, also you have no clue what ammo he was using except that it was 556, you don't know what charge it had, whether it was a NATO round or FMJ. You don't know whether it had sights on it or not. The fact he missed was probably cause it was the first round and the barrel was cold, it is common for the first round to be way off. BTW, all rifles have a flat trajectory for a given distance useless they are using parabola rounds. 🙄
Nick you are not following the news yet again. In any case the shot was taken at far closer range that first reported. He was a piss poor shot. Not all rifle rounds have a flat trajectory. Nick, I used to work for a firearms dealer.
It was not an AR15 "style" rifle is was an AR15 which is a "civilianised," semi-automatic version of the fully automatic M16 military rifle. "Flat trajectory" is terminology no bullet travels in a flat trajectory. However the higher the muzzle velocity the "flatter" the trajectory. At a 1000 meters 7.62 NATO round would go over the height of a double bus.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 15, 2024, 08:09:28 AM
The ammunition used in a AR15 has a flat trajectory and there is hardly any "drop" for the first 300 metres. The "target" in this instance was a lot closer that 300 metres and no telescopic sight needed. The attempted assassin was a piss poor shot.
Firstly, you don't know what rifle he had and there are many AR-Style rifles, also you have no clue what ammo he was using except that it was 556, you don't know what charge it had, whether it was a NATO round or FMJ. You don't know whether it had sights on it or not. The fact he missed was probably cause it was the first round and the barrel was cold, it is common for the first round to be way off. BTW, all rifles have a flat trajectory for a given distance useless they are using parabola rounds. 🙄 

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 14, 2024, 05:09:25 PM
You don't have to have any military know how to come to that conclusion especially as it had been revealed overnight that  the shooter was a 20 years old kitchen porter ,so with respect it was a pretty good try .
'ear 'ear!
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 14, 2024, 09:37:46 PM
The reason his shot will have been off is because the AR15 or similar that he used doesn't come with telescopic sights. You buy them separately and the sighting of them is only as good as the shooter, clearly he wasn't that good and wouldn't have known what distance to practice at. 3 inches at 130yds is probably half a click on the sights.
The ammunition used in a AR15 has a flat trajectory and there is hardly any "drop" for the first 300 metres. The "target" in this instance was a lot closer that 300 metres and no telescopic sight needed. The attempted assassin was a piss poor shot.

Nick

You don't have to have any military know how to come to that conclusion especially as it had been revealed overnight that  the shooter was a 20 years old kitchen porter ,so with respect it was a pretty good try .
The reason his shot will have been off is because the AR15 or similar that he used doesn't come with telescopic sights. You buy them separately and the sighting of them is only as good as the shooter, clearly he wasn't that good and wouldn't have known what distance to practice at. 3 inches at 130yds is probably half a click on the sights. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 14, 2024, 04:33:32 PM
Consensus this morning from some servicing and ex- army/marines where I was camped for the weekend. Not a professional, did not shoot from concealment and more or less anyone with military weapons training could have done headshot at that distance.
Who says he shot with a military grade weapon? 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 14, 2024, 06:02:54 PM
Not a good enough try plus the collateral damage.
One again advocating violence. Either remove your comment or it will be removed. 

papasmurf

EDITED BY ADMIN

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 14, 2024, 04:33:32 PM
Consensus this morning from some servicing and ex- army/marines where I was camped for the weekend. Not a professional, did not shoot from concealment and more or less anyone with military weapons training could have done headshot at that distance.
You don't have to have any military know how to come to that conclusion especially as it had been revealed overnight that  the shooter was a 20 years old kitchen porter ,so with respect it was a pretty good try .

papasmurf

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on July 14, 2024, 12:03:33 PM
As assassinations and attempted assassinations of presidents and politicians are almost commonplace in the US, picking on a commentator's unfortunate remark seems to miss the more important point of that country's wide acceptance of violence as the solution to many problems...
Well that's possibly a good point.
So let's see what JOE BIDEN said shall we

Now i might be minded to accept that Biden is using metaphor to attempt to big up his campaign and turn oress attention away from him and onto his attacks on his rival's policies

But you know what the Waco Kid says to Sherriff Bart after the 'one shot and the 'n word gets it' bit in the script

'Well what did you expect. Welcome ? Come On In. Marry My Daughter ?'

'You have to remember these are simple people of the land. You know, Morons'
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

It doesn't miss the point at all.
Aaronovitch's post on TwitteX was totally unacceptable, tantamount to procuring violence and was deleted for what reason?
That post is part of the left's attacks on Trump, painting him as a Hitler figure when everyone knows he managed to preside over the USA for 4 years without almost getting to the start of WW3. America did fine under Trump.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

As assassinations and attempted assassinations of presidents and politicians are almost commonplace in the US, picking on a commentator's unfortunate remark seems to miss the more important point of that country's wide acceptance of violence as the solution to many problems...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...