Trump attempted assassination.

Started by cromwell, July 14, 2024, 06:23:28 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on July 16, 2024, 03:26:35 PM
No it's not true, and anyone who had experience shooting would know that the first 1 or 2 rounds do not have the accuracy.
Thats true .I used to go shooting with the old man when I was a kid and even with the indoor 50 yard range you got your best 10 out of 12 .When he went down to Bisley to shoot for Surrey I would work the targets in the Butts (kids were not allowed to shoot the higher calibre stuff)  and some of the guys would miss the black  and I would point out with a stick where the bullet hole was on the card or wave a disc if it missed all together :( They had scopes to see their shot but not on the rifles  (this was in the 70's ). 

These were the best shots in the county/country  , a couple of them went to the Munich Olympics with  averages if I remember around 99% and even they missed before they got going . 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 16, 2024, 12:01:42 PMNick you stated ALL bullets have a flat trajectory
Every hunting rifle has a straight barrel, and its rifled, that means when the round exits the barrel it is going in a straight trajectory and how long that trajectory is flat is based on time of flight: IE how many grain, type of round and what charge is behind it. Until the round leaves the axis of bore it is flat, and you're wrong.

Quote from: papasmurf on July 16, 2024, 12:01:42 PMThe SA80 was a pile of junk, it has latterly been improved. However special forces prefer 7.62mm to 5.56mm rifles.
Totally irrelevant, just more just to try and pad out your story.

Quote from: papasmurf on July 16, 2024, 12:01:42 PMI don't give a monkey's what you shot in the past. That has eff all to do with ballistics knowledge and test firing.
And that's your problem, you have no interest in other peoples world experience, you're just google keyboard warrior.

Quote from: papasmurf on July 16, 2024, 12:01:42 PMThe "assassin," was still a piss poor shot. Any competent person who has done military arms training or civvy rifle shooting could shoot the bollocks of a gnat at 120 metres.
In the past I used to do test firing for my brother when he home loaded a wide variety of ammo because I was better shot than he was.
Again, if you knew anything about shooting you would understand the cold barrel issue.

Your personal experience stands for nothing, it just means that potentially you could shoot better than the worst shot in the world.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 16, 2024, 12:48:13 PMIs that true? The BBC reports:
No it's not true, and anyone who had experience shooting would know that the first 1 or 2 rounds do not have the accuracy.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 16, 2024, 12:01:42 PM

The "assassin," was still a piss poor shot. Any competent person who has done military arms training or civvy rifle shooting could shoot the bollocks of a gnat at 120 metres.
In the past I used to do test firing for my brother when he home loaded a wide variety of ammo because I was better shot than he was.
We are talking about a 20 year old kid here who was probably shitting himself and shaking like a leaf in the knowledge he wouldn't be going home for his dinner .I think we can give him some room  as to whether he was a competent shot .

Shooting rifles at targets or  gnats for that matter is a different game , they don't shoot back 

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on July 16, 2024, 11:27:55 AM
So why was the military brought into the conversation at all? He wasn't military, the rifle wasn't military but Smurf has to always try and pass him self off as someone in the know about military.
I don't know, ask the yanks running the investigation, it was they who started it with their comments following the shooting. As i have said i fon't deal with munitions smaller than an artillery or naval gun round.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on July 16, 2024, 07:04:50 AM
Nick is effing annoying and never keeps up with current affairs. The "assassin" was such a piss poor shot no gun club would have him, and the shot was taken from only 400-500 feet,  away. A decent shot with a pistol could have hit Trump in the head.
Is that true? The BBC reports:  

He had a membership at a local shooting club, the Clairton Sportsmen's Club, for at least a year, the club confirmed to the BBC.

The vast club is based south of Pittsburgh and is "one of the premier shooting facilities in the tri-state area" of Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. It has more than 2,000 members.
It has multiple gun ranges, including a high-power rifle facility with targets up to 171 metres away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gw58wv4e9o

It looks like gun nuts can be easily influenced and be dangerous:

Thomas Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old who opened fire on former President Donald Trump during a campaign rally Saturday in Pennsylvania, was pictured twice wearing a t-shirt that said "Demolition Ranch" on it.
A law enforcement official told CNN that one of the times was when Crooks was at an ammo store and the other was during the assassination attempt.
Demolition Ranch is a popular YouTube channel for gun enthusiasts with more than 11 million subscribers. Its founder, Texas-based Matt Carriker, distanced the brand from the shooter in an almost six-minute-long video posted Monday on the channel.
"We were shocked and confused to find this out: The shooter who tried to assassinate Trump was wearing merch from my channel, wearing a Demolition Ranch t-shirt. And that sucked to see that. Yeah, that was rough," he said.
The video racked up more than 520,000 views within two hours of publishing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/15/business/demolition-ranch-shirt-trump-shooter/index.html

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 16, 2024, 11:46:11 AM
Also he immediately started going on about 303 NATO rounds which was an SLR round. This hasn't been used since the late 80's, I know cause the SA80 came out just before I de-mobbed in 1989, so what has the 303 NATO round got to do with anything? Nothing.
Nick you stated ALL bullets have a flat trajectory, they don't. The SA80 was a pile of junk, it has latterly been improved. However special forces prefer 7.62mm to 5.56mm rifles. I don't give a monkey's what you shot in the past. That has eff all to do with ballistics knowledge and test firing.
The "assassin," was still a piss poor shot. Any competent person who has done military arms training or civvy rifle shooting could shoot the bollocks of a gnat at 120 metres.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 16, 2024, 08:53:28 AMThat isn't what he said, Nick
Also he immediately started going on about 303 NATO rounds which was an SLR round. This hasn't been used since the late 80's, I know cause the SA80 came out just before I de-mobbed in 1989, so what has the 303 NATO round got to do with anything? Nothing.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 16, 2024, 07:04:50 AMThe "assassin" was such a piss poor shot no gun club would have him, and the shot was taken from only 400-500 feet,  away. A decent shot with a pistol could have hit Trump in the head.
What a load of crap!! Firstly it wasn't an assassination, it was an attempt. And no, someone with a pistol would not hit Trump easily, they wouldn't even attempt it. I spend a lot of time over here and I go to the gun ranges regularly, I've shot Glock's, 357, 44 Magnum, Desert Eagle and even a full blown 50 cal sniper rifle and anyone knows knows about shooting will tell you that the first round is never where it should be. The US Police do target practice at 25yds. And yes I do follow the news, I just don't live in Cloud Cuckoo land like you.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 16, 2024, 08:53:28 AMHe said the consensus was that anyone with military weapons training
So why was the military brought into the conversation at all? He wasn't military, the rifle wasn't military but Smurf has to always try and pass him self off as someone in the know about military.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 16, 2024, 08:53:28 AM

Fortunately this chap chose not to obey the purpose of the amendment. If he had, then no self respecting gunnery sergeant would have allowed a man who could not shoot straight over 130 yards with a rifle of any design to keep it.
That has been the consensus of ex-squaddies/serving squaddies I spoken to since it happened and the short range came to light.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on July 14, 2024, 09:02:49 PM
Who says he shot with a military grade weapon?
That isn't what he said, Nick

He said the consensus was that anyone with military weapons training .......

The day after the event, I saw a number of posts mocking the amateurish shooting skills of the chap in question

One news report i saw repeated n the BBC made a great deal of the fact that the US authorities could find no evidence of anyone of his name and age having served in any military or reserve military force.

And my first thoughts then were "and it's just as well"

I have since the day i read the damn thing what must have been 50 years ago held the view that the second amendment is abused by the yank gun nuts who read only the last line without reading the first. The full thing as i am sure you and everyone else knows starts with the words

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State........"

It is starkly clear that the intent here was to provide within the civilian population a supply of arms (and presumably men to use them) in a well regulated civilian militia.

Fortunately this chap chose not to obey the purpose of the amendment. If he had, then no self respecting gunnery sergeant would have allowed a man who could not shoot straight over 130 yards with a rifle of any design to keep it. 

And trump would no longer be a candidate. Which i suspect most democrats would be pleased to hear.

I mean for fucks sake i can hit a man at that range with a fucking half strength longbow, and my eldest can do so with repeated accuraccy sufficient to nail his nuts to the fence while leaving his dick free to piss himself with

Maybe they should have found a suitably pissed off native american to do the job. No one would have heard a thing then
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 15, 2024, 07:37:26 PM
At one time Smurf you used to say "you may think so I couldn't possibly comment" might stand you in good stead and less aggro from Nick.
Nick is effing annoying and never keeps up with current affairs. The "assassin" was such a piss poor shot no gun club would have him, and the shot was taken from only 400-500 feet,  away. A decent shot with a pistol could have hit Trump in the head. 

Borg Refinery

As always, Papa is an expert in all things
+++

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 15, 2024, 04:45:54 PM
Nick you are not following the news yet again. In any case the shot was taken at far closer range that first reported. He was a piss poor shot. Not all rifle rounds have a flat trajectory. Nick, I used to work for a firearms dealer.
It was not an AR15 "style" rifle is was an AR15 which is a "civilianised," semi-automatic version of the fully automatic M16 military rifle. "Flat trajectory" is terminology no bullet travels in a flat trajectory. However the higher the muzzle velocity the "flatter" the trajectory. At a 1000 meters 7.62 NATO round would go over the height of a double bus.
At one time Smurf you used to say "you may think so I couldn't possibly comment" might stand you in good stead and less aggro from Nick.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?