Brexit Party special offer

Started by Barry, February 19, 2020, 09:33:26 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=17271 time=1582459676 user_id=53
Your right Jog but Farage was quite open about the gravy train at the EU but was it fraud ? I remember at the time Farage was pointing out how much cash was available to MEP's in fact boasting of how much he had personally repatriated to the UK to be used in the fight to get us out of the EU (less expenses or course )

That the EU didn't bring charges suggested that they were all at it which was what Farage pointing out  at the time when our own MP's were under the microscope of the expenses scandal   .

What would you have preferred , £2m spent toward  building another  ghost Airport in Spain or £2m spent on Farages bar bill and funding the UKIP campaign ?

Its a no brainer for me

It was misappropriation.

http://velvetwood.co.uk/store/political-club.mp3">http://velvetwood.co.uk/store/political-club.mp3

Listen from about 16 min 30 seconds

Discussion of Farage's actiosn starts at about 18 minutes 40

The 2009 programme was made in response to fears expressed by Peter Hain that the BNP would be able to make massive use of funds now available to it by virtue of its recent success in gaining two MEP's. Note carefully that Hain was whingeing that a party whose policies he did not like was going to be able to pull the sort of stunts that labour and tory and liberal and plaid and ukip and indeed every bugger else had already done and it was his rantings that the bnp should be stopped from doing the same that really exposed the hypocrisy.

But never one to fail to kick the right at the left's bidding, the BBC went off and made a programme that covered in some detail the way that political parties were able to obtain substantial amounts of cash from "donations" made by elected members from expense claims allowed by the system. I cannot now remember all the people, but multiple examples of various parties making profits quite legally under the scandalously lax rules were dragged out and aired.

But what Farage had done and admitted to doing broke even those lax rules. Money other parties took and used to build up their public profile and push the glorious things the EU had done - as required as part f the receipt of the money - was taken and used by Farage and co nationwide to subsidise highly publicised ANTI EU events at which he made it clear the EU had itself funded these events.

The problem is that the funds in question - and I know this from the things Brons and Griffin did - were supposed to be used in the constituency  only. Ironically considering your other post a huge wad from Brons' allowances went to the eforts of those who turned out to assist with flooding and other adverse weather problems in the north where he was an MEP.

Farage broke those rules. But what he alleges then took place is what I feel needs investigation and have been trying to get investigated, to no avail.

The following is a transcript

"Farage: It made an enormous difference For the first time ever, out around the country, we were able to have full time staff not just looking after our activities as MEP's but building the party. I mean it transformed UKIP"

"BBC Plonker" : Initially Farage used the profits which UKIP MEP's were making quite legally from their huge European Union Allowances to fund High Profile Anti EU Campaigns, Happily explaining where the funding came from. when angry Brussels Officials threatened to discipline him, Farage clais he struck a deal with them, which he says he's not discussed in detail until now

"Farage 19 min 48 sec in"

"I went along to the meeting, and the chap said to me 'Well Mr Farage, do you want to be martyred ?' I said 'well What's the alternative' and he said "well the alternative is that you use this money for whatever you want to use it for, and WE MISFILE THE DOCUMENT in which we're fining you ten and a half thousand pounds, and you'll be able to go on doing pretty much whatever you want, from now onwards'. And so I had the choice:

"BBC Plonker (interrupting)" : So the deal was that from now on you'd do it in a less high profile way

"Farage 20 min 13 sec in"

The deal was that you use the money, you do what you like, but you DO NOT GO PUBLIC. This is the first program in fact in which I've talked about it

There you have it.

The EU was going to fine Farage ten and a half grand for some part of his expense claim and what it went on, and it's officials agreed that if he agreed to stop telling the public the Eu was funding what he was doing, they would not fine him, and would MIS FILE the paperwork they were using to demand payment of a fine for misconduct from him.

I'm not saying what he did was worse than what others did. Far from it.

I am saying that he did something that caused the EU parliament to believe they had a right to fine him ten and a half thousand whatever they were (euros probably) and that they agreed to corruptly lose that if he agreed to stop telling people where he was getting his money from.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

If you read the first chapter of Daniel Hannan's book, he makes it clear that when he became an MEP he claimed for a cheap flight to Brussels and was told he had to claim more, or it would make the others look bad. It's that sort of deliberate waste of taxpayers money which has allowed Farage the leverage to get us out of the EU, at last.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=17192 time=1582385255 user_id=63
Assuming that was in response to me..

He is. But in a 2009 BBC Radio Programme "The Political Club" he openly admitted on air defrauding the EU and said EU officials offered him the option of being martyred for his misappropriationof funds or shut up about being able to do it and carry on doing it.

Acting purely in my capacity as a concerned citizen I contacted the BBC, Gwent Police, The Electoral Commission and all my MEP's askling why criminal proceedings for this misappropriation of funds were not being prepared and why EU officials were allowed to comnspire to cover up this fraud.

None of them even replied.

Until he is brought to book for his boastings on a programme i still have an Mp3 copy of if you wish to hear is boasts, I see no reason not to continue to clamour for police action. They'd do it in a heartbeat if it were me ...

Your right Jog but Farage was quite open about the gravy train at the EU but was it fraud ? I remember at the time Farage was pointing out how much cash was available to MEP's in fact boasting of how much he had personally repatriated to the UK to be used in the fight to get us out of the EU (less expenses or course )

That the EU didn't bring charges suggested that they were all at it which was what Farage pointing out  at the time when our own MP's were under the microscope of the expenses scandal   .

What would you have preferred , £2m spent toward  building another  ghost Airport in Spain or £2m spent on Farages bar bill and funding the UKIP campaign ?

Its a no brainer for me

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=17192 time=1582385255 user_id=63

He is. But in a 2009 BBC Radio Programme "The Political Club" he openly admitted on air defrauding the EU and said EU officials offered him the option of being martyred for his misappropriationof funds or shut up about being able to do it and carry on doing it.

Acting purely in my capacity as a concerned citizen I contacted the BBC, Gwent Police, The Electoral Commission and all my MEP's askling why criminal proceedings for this misappropriation of funds were not being prepared and why EU officials were allowed to comnspire to cover up this fraud.

Until he is brought to book for his boastings on a programme i still have an Mp3 copy of if you wish to hear is boasts, I see no reason not to continue to clamour for police action. They'd do it in a heartbeat if it were me ...

Its a no brainer for me

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=17118 time=1582289384 user_id=103
But . . . I thought he was the hero of all you Brexiters!

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17132 time=1582295136 user_id=70
Correx boards are fluted polypropylene, and will burn. More importantly, as a non-halogen containing polymer, polypropylene will not release anything other than carbon dioxide, and water (or some carbon monoxide, if burned in enclosed spaces). So maybe Farage is the most toxic...

:hattip

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=17131 time=1582294587 user_id=53
On topic ..do correx  boards burn or melt ?

Correx boards are fluted polypropylene, and will burn. More importantly, as a non-halogen containing polymer, polypropylene will not release anything other than carbon dioxide, and water (or some carbon monoxide, if burned in enclosed spaces). So maybe Farage is the most toxic...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17129 time=1582293559 user_id=70
Strangely, there seems to be a noticeable amount of wood burning round N16. It's a pleasant aroma walking home on a winter evening. Not sure it's all logs as we recently had a flyer through the letter box offering wood fuel made up of sawdust and wood chips...

OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC !!!

Sorry

Might be off topic but you raise a good point posty . They will ban you burning in your house that hardly anyone notices but will still allow a big bonfire that stinks the neighbourhood out every other night .  

On topic ..do correx  boards burn or melt ?

patman post

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17121 time=1582291248 user_id=54
I would have supported him in that too. I find it difficult in Winter with so much smoke in the air I struggle to breathe. Having grown up in London smog I have done my stint in polluted air.

Strangely, there seems to be a noticeable amount of wood burning round N16. It's a pleasant aroma walking home on a winter evening. Not sure it's all logs as we recently had a flyer through the letter box offering wood fuel made up of sawdust and wood chips...

OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC !!!

Sorry
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=17118 time=1582289384 user_id=103

Just imagine where we'd be now if he'd campaigned for the banning of coal fires and wood-burning stoves instead of Brexit.

I would have supported him in that too. I find it difficult in Winter with so much smoke in the air I struggle to breathe. Having grown up in London smog I have done my stint in polluted air.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Just imagine where we'd be now if he'd campaigned for the banning of coal fires and wood-burning stoves instead of Brexit.

johnofgwent

I suppose now he can no longer defraud the EU to maintain his lifestyle he must look to homespun scams

Streetwalker

Don't think there will be many takers Barry .  Could have at least put it in a frame  :Patriot:

Barry

I had to laugh when I got an email from Nigel and Richard Tice offering a signed correx board for £35.

"A piece of Brexit history"  :lol:

https://mcusercontent.com/a7cc18606799989756323d85a/images/677775f2-4d04-4572-870a-045a2921b03b.jpg">
† The end is nigh †