New Gravy Train?

Started by T00ts, July 14, 2024, 09:20:21 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on July 14, 2024, 03:38:00 PM
Probably not a popular view on here but I agree with Pat,partially that is in that I have no time for big ears and his ugly sister wife.
Should skip a generation and go to Wills,add to that I still have some sympathy for Harry he lost his mum as a young kid and saw her supplanted by the ugly sister.
As far as I can make out Posty was asking a question rather than giving a point of view so we will have to wait and see if he comes off the fence on that one cromwell .

The line of succession is the strength of the Royal Family and  any skipping generations would dilute the head of state into some sort of nominated role .Who's to say when we should skip a generation ?  It just wouldn't work and would give ammunition to republicans  and those promoting sedition . 

Harry is an irrelevance ,harsh maybe but that's the way it goes and the sooner he realises that the better . His warts and all book and interviews  have lost a lot of the goodwill he had built up . Nobody likes a grass especially within the family and is something he has learned is as strong in America as it is here and why he is struggling with invites into Americas high society 

cromwell

I forgot to add to all that the drive for nut zero gets right up my nose,farmland is for grazing or growing crops not endless rows of wind turbines or solar panels go for nuclear and self sufficiency.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 14, 2024, 03:19:03 PM
No , never.
Probably not a popular view on here but I agree with Pat,partially that is in that I have no time for big ears and his ugly sister wife.
Should skip a generation and go to Wills,add to that I still have some sympathy for Harry he lost his mum as a young kid and saw her supplanted by the ugly sister.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 14, 2024, 12:23:19 PM
Wouldn't either the Starmers or the Sunaks be better regarded as the UK's head of state leading couple than its current adulterous ageing couple...?
No , never. 

patman post

Wouldn't either the Starmers or the Sunaks be better regarded as the UK's head of state leading couple than its current adulterous ageing couple...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

With a likely war looming anyone but a fool knows we need energy security from within and food security as far as possible.
People who can grow their own food should start or increase production.

The press are besotted with this new Labour government referring to Starmer's wife as "Queen Victoria", which is an insult to our Queen Camilla.
They really can't help themselves, the "neutral" press, can they?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

OK I have been trying to keep an open mind but here is my latest question.

Starmer vowed he would never go private rather than NHS partly because his wife works there. He said too often that he was from a working class background. I have tried to ignore the vacant area behind his totally un-expressive eyes and give him the benefit of the doubt even though the last few days of mad policies is making me extremely nervous for the country's future but....

Why suddenly is his beloved wife flying on a private jet dressed to the nines in designer clothes to see Presidents? She had no reason to be there clinging limpet like to his hand. She was not required for anything and tell me what happened to all those so important NHS patients that she presumably was scheduled to see? 

She looks lovely and is probably a very nice woman so this is not personal, but all through his lack lustre campaign for leadership he pushed his 'with the people' credentials yet here we are again. 

So tell me you clever ones here - what's changed? Apart that is, from the promise of possibly homeless thugs on the streets, no farmland left to grow food here while it goes under solar panels and concrete at a time when it is very evident that imports are going to get much tougher. We'll have power of sorts possibly but still no food. Oh yes of course they'll manufacture it and kill us all off. So tell me, what is so fantastic about this new government?