Trump / Vance 2024

Started by Barry, July 15, 2024, 08:47:11 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 21, 2024, 06:49:04 PM
It's been the convention for presidents for a long time now hasn't it?

https://www.investopedia.com/history-of-presidents-and-federal-income-tax-what-s-normal-5080237#:~:text=Key%20Takeaways,tax%20returns%20to%20the%20public.

Even President Nixon released his tax returns, what's that tell you?
I don't believe any other President had a multi-billion dollar portfolio whilst in office, why should he reveal that?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on July 21, 2024, 06:34:40 PM
Is it compulsory to release you private tax records?

It's been the convention for presidents for a long time now hasn't it?

Key Takeaways. No law requires a sitting president to release their tax filings, although doing so is usually seen as beneficial to their image. Except for Gerald Ford, who released a tax summary, every president from Nixon to Obama has released his full tax returns to the public.

https://www.investopedia.com/history-of-presidents-and-federal-income-tax-what-s-normal-5080237#:~:text=Key%20Takeaways,tax%20returns%20to%20the%20public.

Even President Nixon released his tax returns, what's that tell you?
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on July 21, 2024, 10:28:20 AM
Kamala:
"We need to understand what is possible, unburdened by what has been".

It's her catch phrase which means nothing and she just keeps repeating it. She's no more compos mentis than sleepy Joe!

Can you imagine her in a head to head with Vance? lol

If you've seen what Vance is saying, I can imagine they will both fare about the same

After all, we're comparing Trump who thinks the USA "sent a brave man from ohio to a plant" vs the likes of Joe, so the VPs will be about the same level too

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4968265/user-clip-man-plant
+++

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 21, 2024, 03:51:43 AM
People universally hate most leaders, it's normal, the problem is whether they are effective and she's not ^

He didn't publicly release them, unlike most presidents https://www.kare11.com/article/news/politics/presidential-tax-returns-history/89-8323fd26-404b-428f-ad0b-5d4fd298cdb3

They were leaked
Is it compulsory to release you private tax records?

Barry

Kamala:
"We need to understand what is possible, unburdened by what has been".

It's her catch phrase which means nothing and she just keeps repeating it. She's no more compos mentis than sleepy Joe!

Can you imagine her in a head to head with Vance? lol
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 20, 2024, 10:16:14 PM
Most of the stuff Trump comes out with is cac ,that he gets the big calls right though is what matters
What big calls did he get right?

Looks like the economy tanked from his mismanagement during COVID more than many others, now China is set to overtake the US even faster than previously thought. And he pushed the vaccines, which many on here are against, he even pushed lockdown later

Did attempting to overturn the election and threatening martial law seem to be a big call he got right?

I suppose he's better than Liz Truss and Boris in many aspects, mainly in terms of competency
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on July 20, 2024, 07:09:11 PM
Not sure if you are hearing it where you are but the rumblings in SC are that Biden could step down tomorrow (Sunday).
Kamala is universally hated by both sides and she will only have a shout if Biden endorses her, which is debatable.

People universally hate most leaders, it's normal, the problem is whether they are effective and she's not ^

QuoteIf it was in his tax return it isn't secret, just not known. Same as my mobile phone number, it's only know to the relevant people, but it's not secret.

He didn't publicly release them, unlike most presidents https://www.kare11.com/article/news/politics/presidential-tax-returns-history/89-8323fd26-404b-428f-ad0b-5d4fd298cdb3

They were leaked
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 20, 2024, 03:20:25 AM
Even Trumpists I talk to who absolutely adore Trump think his speech was cac :D
Most of the stuff Trump comes out with is cac ,that he gets the big calls right though is what matters 

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 20, 2024, 09:00:22 PM
The Dems are in a bit of a panic. They know Biden can't win because his brain is fried. Kamala is an airhead who just keeps repeating sound bites over and over again.
If Joe Biden leaves the race, the argument is there that he is not fit to be Commander in Chief. If he fails to endorse Kamala, she may throw a strop and cause division in the party.
I'm still aware of the strong grip Obama and his lot have on the party and it will be no surprise to me if Michelle Obama changes her mind suddenly and her name goes in as Democratic candidate for what could effectively be Barack Obama's 4th term.
Again, the word on the street is that MO is too busy doing her thing, making a 💩 load of money and isn't interested in becoming the next POTUS. Kamal isn't liked as people can see the trail of how she has slept her way to the top I am being told.
But as you've pointed out nobody knows. 

Barry

Quote from: Nick on July 20, 2024, 07:09:11 PM
Not sure if you are hearing it where you are but the rumblings in SC are that Biden could step down tomorrow (Sunday).
Kamala is universally hated by both sides and she will only have a shout if Biden endorses her, which is debatable.
The Dems are in a bit of a panic. They know Biden can't win because his brain is fried. Kamala is an airhead who just keeps repeating sound bites over and over again.
If Joe Biden leaves the race, the argument is there that he is not fit to be Commander in Chief. If he fails to endorse Kamala, she may throw a strop and cause division in the party.
I'm still aware of the strong grip Obama and his lot have on the party and it will be no surprise to me if Michelle Obama changes her mind suddenly and her name goes in as Democratic candidate for what could effectively be Barack Obama's 4th term.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 20, 2024, 07:29:22 PM
Random number phone number generation can still find it.
And when they ring my number how do they know it's me saying hello? You're just making yourself look even more stupid, stop.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 20, 2024, 07:12:42 PMSame as my mobile phone number, it's only know to the relevant people, but it's not secret.
Random number phone number generation can still find it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 20, 2024, 03:11:25 AM
Really? Interesting. Maybe you aren't aware that it was a secret until the media shed light on it via his leaked tax returns?

Donald "Tough on China" Trump Has a Secret Chinese Bank Account

Good luck defending the guy found liable for sexual assault though. And who thinks the constitution can be terminated and so on and so forth.

If it was in his tax return it isn't secret, just not known. Same as my mobile phone number, it's only know to the relevant people, but it's not secret. 

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 20, 2024, 03:08:43 AM
Trump is going to win only because Biden can barely even stand up, let alone make a coherent speech, dunno why they chose either of those two but now Kamala is likely to be prez until Trump beats her - lawd help us..

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 19, 2024, 04:22:21 PM
Im sceptical enough to know to believe nothing until its from a proven source or until its been checked out . Trump didn't really say anything with any foundation and didn't claim to be doing so . It was a speech more of feeling than fact .

And yes Trump is still Trump and lets hope he hasn't changed . I actually quite liked him as he was
Even Trumpists I talk to who absolutely adore Trump think his speech was cac :D
+++