Jay Slater's mum shares heartbreaking statement after receiving the 'worst news'

Started by GBNews, July 17, 2024, 01:02:15 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 18, 2024, 12:51:35 PM
I guess that shouldn't be regurgitated as something to be condemned — after all, Reform approved a candidate, and has an MP for South Basildon, who was jailed when 18 for attacking a woman...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/reform-uk-james-mcmurdock-attack-jail-nigel-farage-b2579071.html
What has that got to do with this story?
Anyway the jury convicted him 7 to 5, should have been at least 9 before the conviction stood. Do you not understand democracy?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 18, 2024, 12:51:35 PM
I guess that shouldn't be regurgitated as something to be condemned — after all, Reform approved a candidate, and has an MP for South Basildon, who was jailed when 18 for attacking a woman...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/reform-uk-james-mcmurdock-attack-jail-nigel-farage-b2579071.html
Talk about going off piste , what the feck has a  Reform candidates history got to do with a lad who has died , maybe killed in the Canary's ?  

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 17, 2024, 07:41:06 PM
Well every newspaper is carry the story that he was arrest due to carrying a machete and also involvement with drugs.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 17, 2024, 07:41:06 PM
Well every newspaper is carry the story that he was arrest due to carrying a machete and also involvement with drugs.
With no credible reference. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 17, 2024, 02:52:18 PM
No evidence at all of such involvement only nastiness and speculation.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 17, 2024, 12:34:55 PM
Drug gangs don't act kindly to not being paid.
No evidence at all of such involvement only nastiness and speculation.

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 17, 2024, 11:11:52 AM
Did he fall or was he pushed?
Boiling hot day, harsh terrain, run out of water, people have been carking it by the dozen in recent circumstances.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Not sure that we will ever know but the reports do suggest that the poor lad may have been a wrong-un, QED.
That doesn't mean he deserves to be dead, just that maybe there is something sinister lurking in the background.

GBNews

Jay Slater's mum shares heartbreaking statement after receiving the 'worst news'

Jay Slater's mother has paid tribute to her "beautiful boy" after officials confirmed that the body found in Tenerife on Monday is the missing teenager.

Debbie Duncan said in statement that the confirmation of her son's death has been the "worst news".

She added: "I just can't believe this could happen to my beautiful boy. Our hearts are broken."

A Spanish court confirmed his multiple injuries were consistent with a fall in a rocky area.

A post-mortem, carried out on the body discovered on Monday, confirmed that the fingerprints matched those of Slater.

Human remains were located in the area where the 19-year-old vanished last month.

Charity LBT Global said the body was found alongside his clothes and possessions.

The Spanish Civil Guard said Slater, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, could have fallen in the steep and inaccessible area where he was discovered.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:

The teenager had attended the NRG music festival with two friends before he vanished on June 17.

He had travelled to an Airbnb in Masca after the night out, but the two men said to have rented the property were later ruled "not relevant" to the case.

Spanish police said they had called off the search for the apprentice bricklayer at the end of June after helicopters, drones and search dogs were deployed to find him.

His last known location was the Rural de Teno Park in the north of the Canary Island.

Jay Slater

Video footage showed two members of the search team being winched out of the area by helicopter after the body had been found and recovered.

A court statement said: "We have a positive identification and more data.

"Fingerprint tests show that the body is that of Jay Slater and that the death was caused by trauma consistent with a fall in a rocky area."

Source: Jay Slater's mum shares heartbreaking statement after receiving the 'worst news'