Main Menu

Blood Thinners

Started by Nick, July 17, 2024, 01:41:20 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2024, 01:36:50 PM
I don't think anyone will be cardioversioning me at 67. Although it remains the best idea. Perhaps if they screw up my meds again someone will have to defibrillate me again and that might fix the AF

As fir blood thinners, been on them fir three years now. Nasty things.
They would give you CV at 67, when I was at the hospital with my arse hanging out of my frock I had a glance around and there were so really old people having it done. One guy was saying it was his 22nd time of being zapped, that's a waste of NHS resources there. Go to your GP and sound them out. I can actually walk up stairs without getting out of breath now. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

I don't think anyone will be cardioversioning me at 67. Although it remains the best idea. Perhaps if they screw up my meds again someone will have to defibrillate me again and that might fix the AF

As fir blood thinners, been on them fir three years now. Nasty things.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 17, 2024, 02:51:08 PM
Where is over here, (given how much you travel.)

In any case it is in many repellents and has been around for 30 years:-

Discover the Insect Repellent IR3535® (merckgroup.com)
South Carolina. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 17, 2024, 12:49:52 PM
That looks about too much like HMRC crap lol, don't think I'll be able to get those over here.
Where is over here, (given how much you travel.)

In any case it is in many repellents and has been around for 30 years:-

Discover the Insect Repellent IR3535® (merckgroup.com)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 17, 2024, 10:35:39 AMIR3535
That looks about too much like HMRC crap lol, don't think I'll be able to get those over here.

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 17, 2024, 05:32:02 AM
Gosh, sorry to hear that about your heart.

What brought that on?

It's rough here in the south, anytime you go out here you get huge amounts of bites, avoid going out at 2-3pm like I did the other day. It's so hot you can barely even breathe.

We rarely see fire-flies here owing to light pollution :(

Where are you in the USA?
Im stopping in a place called Berea SC at the side of the Saluda River, BTW there is NO fish in there. I'm working in Easley ATM, fan on full on my desk as there is no AC in this part of the building. 
As for my heart, I've had AF for a few years but decided to get it sorted so they whacked 250v DC through me and it's been fine ever since apart from these pesky blood thinners.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 17, 2024, 07:35:21 AM
Nothing works here for mosquitoes ^

Have you tried:-  DEET, picaridin or IR3535

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 17, 2024, 07:35:21 AM

You get huge ticks too - and fleas.. on the streets..
Good luck with that then . 

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 17, 2024, 07:31:52 AM
I thought the deet % looked a bit low so I looked it up . The stuff I use when playing golf ,or trying to as I spend a good amount of time in the long grass looking for my ball is 50% Deet (Jungle Jungle repellent ) which the WHO say is the recommended strength . Maybe if you get a more powerful repellent you wont get bit so much

Chiggers are what the septics call mites

You get huge ticks too - and fleas.. on the streets..
+++

Streetwalker

I thought the deet % looked a bit low so I looked it up . The stuff I use when playing golf ,or trying to as I spend a good amount of time in the long grass looking for my ball is 50% Deet (Jungle Jungle repellent ) which the WHO say is the recommended strength . Maybe if you get a more powerful repellent you wont get bit so much 

Chiggers are what the septics call mites 

Borg Refinery

Gosh, sorry to hear that about your heart.

What brought that on?

It's rough here in the south, anytime you go out here you get huge amounts of bites, avoid going out at 2-3pm like I did the other day. It's so hot you can barely even breathe.

We rarely see fire-flies here owing to light pollution :(

Where are you in the USA?
+++

Nick

Is anyone on blood thinners? They put me on them in the run up to my Cardio-Version and I'm still on them. Problem is I'm being bitten to death in the States and when I scratch the bites I nearly bleed to death. 💀
Also I like sitting outside watching the Fire-Flies but holy crap, the Cicadas and the Frogs nearly deafen me.

Never heard of Chikungunya Virus or Chiggers!!