And Joe finally resigns

Started by Barry, July 21, 2024, 07:29:55 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2024, 12:16:04 PM
When my wife was cheffing she got a different health inspector one time as her usual one was on holiday, the horror stories he told her about the Indian takeaway near us where unbelievable. Not one piece of soap on the whole premises, Rats and even live chickens in the back. Food was really good though lol
:):)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2024, 12:24:33 PM
I am referring to a very small number of cases that ended up in court at the time. I was not the widespread issue the rumour mongers ranted on about at the time.
link ? or urban myth ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2024, 12:10:44 PM
Like Trump you believed it then ?
I am referring to a very small number of cases that ended up in court at the time. I was not the widespread issue the rumour mongers ranted on about at the time.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2024, 12:10:44 PM
When my wife was cheffing she got a different health inspector one time as her usual one was on holiday, the horror stories he told her about the Indian takeaway near us where unbelievable. Not one piece of soap on the whole premises, Rats and even live chickens in the back. Food was really good though lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2024, 10:35:00 AM
Back in the 1960s in Britain there were some real incidents of "tiddles," ending up in Chinese takeaway and restaurant meals. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2024, 09:56:34 AM
It was and its a claim as old as the hills . I had an aunt who swore blind the West Indian family next door had eaten her cat that went missing the day they moved in . Looking at the seat covers in his Cortina only enforced her contention ;) 

But yes by saying things like that about migrants that let him down . Probably lost a few votes with that .
Back in the 1960s in Britain there were some real incidents of "tiddles," ending up in Chinese takeaway and restaurant meals. But that is ancient history. I was in a menu ouvrier (Workers Menu) restaurant in Brittany some years ago and I was contemplating what had ribs that small when the main course came out. (The lady who owned the establishment overheard me and with a big grin said "it is no cat." The main course was often made from what was left over from the industrial abattoir in the village the day before. In this case it was rabbit carcass stew.)

Barry

Quote from: patman post on September 11, 2024, 03:42:03 PM
Biden appears to have a full schedule — you can check...

https://rollcall.com/factbase/biden/topic/calendar/
I did. "The vice-president attends" features heavily. Biden is AWTF.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2024, 09:15:00 AM
I think the immigrants eating people's pets was a comment too far by Trump.
It was and its a claim as old as the hills . I had an aunt who swore blind the West Indian family next door had eaten her cat that went missing the day they moved in . Looking at the seat covers in his Cortina only enforced her contention ;)  

But yes by saying things like that about migrants that let him down . Probably lost a few votes with that .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2024, 09:11:42 AM
CNN are well known for their left leaning news reporting and commentary so are hardly a neutral judge on who lied the most . Thats not to say they were not right on this occasion but when you have a bent ref every tackle is a foul which just fuels Trumps claims of bias .
I think the immigrants eating people's pets was a comment too far by Trump.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 11, 2024, 10:08:20 PM
CNN checked both sides.  Guess which one lied and lied and lied.  It's what he does but hey ho some mugs fall for it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/10/politics/fact-check-debate-trump-harris/index.html
CNN are well known for their left leaning news reporting and commentary so are hardly a neutral judge on who lied the most . Thats not to say they were not right on this occasion but when you have a bent ref every tackle is a foul which just fuels Trumps claims of bias .

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 11, 2024, 10:21:44 AM
The lefties are the fact checkers, they don't check their own.
CNN checked both sides.  Guess which one lied and lied and lied.  It's what he does but hey ho some mugs fall for it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/10/politics/fact-check-debate-trump-harris/index.html

patman post

Quote from: Barry on September 10, 2024, 10:32:41 PM
For the past few months there has been no functioning president of the USA.
Kamala Harris has not taken over as president but somehow the country keeps going.
Kamala Harris seems obsessed with Starbucks white coffee lids.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vs1OnWfqfm0

It just goes to show that Biden and Harris are not running the country.

Is the USA being run by an unelected bunch of spooks, with Barack Obama in the shadows?

Tonight is Trump v Harris debate. He's a narcissist and she's an airhead. Should be interesting.
Biden appears to have a full schedule — you can check...

https://rollcall.com/factbase/biden/topic/calendar/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Scott777

Probably someone wrote that for him, but I'm surprised he was able to sign his own name.  (or not)  🥴
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on September 11, 2024, 10:21:44 AM
They do , they just don't publish unless its good news for them 

Barry

† The end is nigh †