And Joe finally resigns

Started by Barry, July 21, 2024, 07:29:55 PM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Barry on September 14, 2024, 11:00:55 AM
Biden still wearing a MAGA hat? Couldn't make this up!
Here's the clip. 
https://youtu.be/D_n-4fj-j5A

Have a view, decide is this was "confused old man doesn't know what's going on" or him handling a situation pretty well.  I reckon the guy wearing the trump hat (and let"s face it, you're not going to do that if you're on the fence) would have come away with a much better impression of JB after that. 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 14, 2024, 01:31:38 PM
Again ,if you had read my posts in full across this thread (and understood them) you would see I am in no way defending Trump with regard to what he said . Nor have I suggested that CNN were bent on this occasion (another thing I made clear ) BUT that they are left leaning ,are known for being left leaning and are classified as being left leaning by anyone that studied them .(link example)  4 posts back .
That left leaning bias makes gives Trump the opportunity to claim every comment from CNN is weighted against him or to return to my sporting analogy every tackles a foul
Hope that finally makes it clear , if it doesn't crack on ,your on your own .
Wasn't the debate on ABC? 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 13, 2024, 10:43:32 PM
You place anything after the word 'but' in a sentence it is to make a point contrary to the preceding.

It was that contrary point I challenged.  Hence my request for you to somehow justify your ' a bent ref every tackle is a foul' assertion.  I think we can all figure out now you in no way can show that CNN were bent and therefore their analysis showing Trump to have lied his arse off over and over was in fact, very true.
Again ,if you had read my posts in full across this thread (and understood them) you would see I am in no way defending Trump with regard to what he said . Nor have I suggested that CNN were bent on this occasion (another thing I made clear ) BUT that they are left leaning ,are known for being left leaning and are classified as being left leaning by anyone that studied them .(link example)  4 posts back .
That left leaning bias makes gives Trump the opportunity to claim every comment from CNN is weighted against him or to return to my sporting analogy every tackles a foul 
Hope that finally makes it clear , if it doesn't crack on ,your on your own .

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 13, 2024, 10:43:32 PM
You place anything after the word 'but' in a sentence it is to make a point contrary to the preceding.

It was that contrary point I challenged.  Hence my request for you to somehow justify your ' a bent ref every tackle is a foul' assertion.  I think we can all figure out now you in no way can show that CNN were bent and therefore their analysis showing Trump to have lied his arse off over and over was in fact, very true.
Who is we?
Appealing to the other members? A well known tactic, but I don't fall for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Joe's replacement is showing slightly ahead in the polls.
Trump made the mistake of highlighting on eating pets, when he would have been better to highlight on the lack of border controls and uncontrolled illegal immigration. That got eclipsed by allegations of eating cats.

Biden still wearing a MAGA hat? Couldn't make this up!
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 13, 2024, 09:35:50 PM
If you are going to quote me at least use the whole sentence .I clearly stated they may have been right on this occasion though it is a gimme that CNN are left leaning .
https://constitutionus.com/media/where-does-cnn-stand-politically/

It was that contrary point I challenged.  Hence my request for you to somehow justify your ' a bent ref every tackle is a foul' assertion.   I think we can all figure out now you in no way can show that CNN were bent and therefore their analysis showing Trump to have lied his arse off over and over was in fact, very true.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2024, 09:11:42 AM
CNN are well known for their left leaning news reporting and commentary so are hardly a neutral judge on who lied the most . Thats not to say they were not right on this occasion but when you have a bent ref every tackle is a foul which just fuels Trumps claims of bias .
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 13, 2024, 09:06:07 AM
So have read it again

You said 'but when you have a bent ref every tackle is a foul which just fuels Trumps claims of bias .'

Feel free to show these 'tackles' represented as 'fouls' in the CNN article
If you are going to quote me at least use the whole sentence .I clearly stated they may have been right on this occasion though it is a gimme that CNN are left leaning .
https://constitutionus.com/media/where-does-cnn-stand-politically/ 

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 13, 2024, 02:25:19 PM
As an addendum, a reporter did track down what was possibly the "seed" of the recent "pet eating" rumour.

A woman in a park apparently did kill a cat and appear to eat it. But she was a US citizen (and probably having a mental health/addiction crisis)

And Trumps "viokent crime has exploded" and"migrant crime" claims are pure hogwash

Vilent crime was. More or. Less flat in trumps term. Bar a slight spike over covid.

It is now 25% down on that figure.

US born citizens were the most likely to commit every catagory of ceime, followed by non US born citizens and (unsurprisingly) undocument migrants at the bottom.

That makes sense right. If you are undocumented the last thing you want to do is come to the attention of the police.
Trump's Cat comment is probably, inadvertently true. There is a culture in certain regions of China to eat Cat, so it has most likely happened in The Asylum, the chances of Trump actually being aware of it is slim to none, but as I said, his comment is likely true.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

As an addendum, a reporter did track down what was possibly the "seed" of the recent "pet eating" rumour.

A woman in a park apparently did kill a cat and appear to eat it. But she was a US citizen (and probably having a mental health/addiction crisis) 

And Trumps "viokent crime has exploded" and"migrant crime" claims are pure hogwash

Vilent crime was. More or. Less flat in trumps term. Bar a slight spike over covid. 

It is now 25% down on that figure. 

US born citizens were the most likely to commit every catagory of ceime, followed by non US born citizens and (unsurprisingly) undocument migrants at the bottom.

That makes sense right. If you are undocumented the last thing you want to do is come to the attention of the police. 

BeElBeeBub

Trump got pulled up by the fact checkers 
because he told lots of lies.

The pet eating one is important though. It was so easily disproved. It had been easily disproved. 

So that leaves a couple of options. 
A) he knew it was lie but said it anyway
B) he genuinely thought it was true 

A) is a black mark, polticians shouldn't lie but they do and we should still calm them out on that. 

B) is more worrying - if a present has difficulty telling fact from fiction, he can be very easily manipulated. 

To be honest, it. Probably is B) Trumps cognative decline is so advanced that he is struggling to tell fsct from his own and other people's lies. I think he genuinely believes immigrants are eating pets. 

Scott777

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 12, 2024, 05:06:32 PM
President potato just put a MAGA hat on 

That's disrespectful to potatoes everywhere.  🤣
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 13, 2024, 08:13:48 AM
If you read what I wrote again you will maybe understand why I have no need to refute anything .
So have read it again

You said 'but when you have a bent ref every tackle is a foul which just fuels Trumps claims of bias .'

Feel free to show these 'tackles' represented as 'fouls' in the CNN article

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 12, 2024, 10:28:51 PM
Well if you're right feel free to refute any of the points CNN made and raise any supposed lies by Harris. 
If you read what I wrote again you will maybe understand why I have no need to refute anything . 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2024, 09:11:42 AM
CNN are well known for their left leaning news reporting and commentary so are hardly a neutral judge on who lied the most . Thats not to say they were not right on this occasion but when you have a bent ref every tackle is a foul which just fuels Trumps claims of bias .
Well if you're right feel free to refute any of the points CNN made and raise any supposed lies by Harris.  

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2024, 09:56:34 AM
It was and its a claim as old as the hills . I had an aunt who swore blind the West Indian family next door had eaten her cat that went missing the day they moved in . Looking at the seat covers in his Cortina only enforced her contention ;) 

But yes by saying things like that about migrants that let him down . Probably lost a few votes with that .
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

President potato just put a MAGA hat on - even The Onion couldn't write funnier headlines

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-wears-donald-trump-hat-1952411

This place is getting more bizarre by the second
+++