Labour on honeymoon?

Started by T00ts, July 21, 2024, 09:11:50 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 22, 2024, 10:36:26 AM
So how is it going ? 
Too early to say. Personally I doubt Labour will be able to scratch the surface of the carnage left by the Tories for several years if at all.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 22, 2024, 07:37:06 AM
The Tories crashed the bus taking 14 years to do it. Whether Labour can repair the bus is yet to be seen.
So how is it going ?  (A) We haven't got the ability or experience in the ranks to fix anything  (B)The tories were actually doing a good job so we will carry on with the plan  (C) All tories are very nasty ,they are very naughty and ruined everything for generations to come .It will take 250 years of Labour to get this right , trust us .Or  (D) we will rejoin the EU and let Brussels sort it out 

I'm in the A camp , at a wild guess I would say you are C ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 22, 2024, 07:30:59 AM
 We can just hope they don't crash the bus .
The Tories crashed the bus taking 14 years to do it. Whether Labour can repair the bus is yet to be seen.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on July 21, 2024, 09:11:50 PM
Ok so we have what is loosely called a bright shiny left centre Government carefully installed in Westminster. They are mostly backed by a left leaning back office of Civil Servants who have actually forgotten who they work for and have done now for some years. Each public Institution from education through medicine to public services has mostly left leaning leaders (thank you so much Tony Blair) and various virtuous voices in London are promising bounty for all taken from anyone daft enough to accrue any worth.

I just wonder how long this honeymoon of our leftie luvvies will last until folk realise that they have been sold a pup, and when they wake up what will the action be? We have had riots in the street over a war that isn't really anything to do with us. We have had workers taking to the pavement while their 'clients' suffer and trains at a standstill not letting the rest get anywhere near a workplace. Will the Starmer naive insanity cause sufficient concern for reprisals in the streets? Were panic alarms issued on the realisation that panic isn't far away? Or will there be a deathly hush while those able leave the country and it won't be Megsit or Brexit but simply EXIT using the already stored small boats and the last one just turn the lights off?

Written with a bit of a tongue in cheek but goodness me I'm already sick of them.
I don't think Labour actually married anyone so they can hardly be on honeymoon , certainly it wasn't the British public that's for sure with 80% of the electorate not voting for them .
Lets face it , we all know they got in because we were fed up with the antics of the Tory party and their failure to deliver on manifesto promises .We all know that Labour will throw our money at any problem they encounter and we all know in 5 years time everyone but public sector workers we will be the poorer for it .

They are not anything we didn't expect them to be ,we know it will be painful but nobody turned left , as mentioned Starmer got less actual votes than Corbyn who got trounced . We are in a twilight zone  with  a government few wanted but we all got . We can just hope they don't crash the bus .

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 22, 2024, 12:55:36 AM
The left and right can't stand Starmer, centrist former New Labourites can't stand Starmer, can anyone actually stand him?

Will the likes of PAT be able to give us sufficient rebuttal or will he rely on tired and tried old tropes?

Surprised? You will be!!!
I believe he got less votes than Corbyn, this was just a vote to get the Tories out. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

The left and right can't stand Starmer, centrist former New Labourites can't stand Starmer, can anyone actually stand him?

Will the likes of PAT be able to give us sufficient rebuttal or will he rely on tired and tried old tropes?

Surprised? You will be!!!
+++

T00ts

Ok so we have what is loosely called a bright shiny left centre Government carefully installed in Westminster. They are mostly backed by a left leaning back office of Civil Servants who have actually forgotten who they work for and have done now for some years. Each public Institution from education through medicine to public services has mostly left leaning leaders (thank you so much Tony Blair) and various virtuous voices in London are promising bounty for all taken from anyone daft enough to accrue any worth.

I just wonder how long this honeymoon of our leftie luvvies will last until folk realise that they have been sold a pup, and when they wake up what will the action be? We have had riots in the street over a war that isn't really anything to do with us. We have had workers taking to the pavement while their 'clients' suffer and trains at a standstill not letting the rest get anywhere near a workplace. Will the Starmer naive insanity cause sufficient concern for reprisals in the streets? Were panic alarms issued on the realisation that panic isn't far away? Or will there be a deathly hush while those able leave the country and it won't be Megsit or Brexit but simply EXIT using the already stored small boats and the last one just turn the lights off? 

Written with a bit of a tongue in cheek but goodness me I'm already sick of them.