One in six Conservative voters likely to die before next election

Started by patman post, July 23, 2024, 02:53:41 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

What does it tell you about people who have a political dream about others being dead
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2024, 02:56:31 PM
These are not stats, they are guesses at best.
When it comes to population data the census and ONS data is an underestimate it would not surprise me if the UK population has gone past 70millon.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2024, 02:56:31 PM
These are not stats, they are guesses at best.
The word "likely" is a clue to it not being a rock solid prediction, but an indicator.

I believe joining the Tory Party in time to vote in its leadership contest closes tonight at 7pm.

More from the Indi:

During the general election campaign, Rishi Sunak and the Conservatives were accused of forgetting younger voters and placing their bets on the party's traditional so-called "grey vote" base.

The party's manifesto included a new deal for pensioners to boost their incomes with a "triple lock plus" pledge, but little focus on the younger population.

Sam Bidwell, director of the Next Generation Centre at the Adam Smith Institute, told The Times that Tories reliance on older voters was "an existential challenge" for the party.

"If it continues along its current trajectory, the party is at risk of literally dying out," he said.

A report from the Institute for Public Policy Research think tank found that seats where a larger share of the population were older people, wealthy homeowners and white had much higher turnout rates than constituencies where a smaller share of people came from those demographics.

It calculated that turnout was 11 per cent higher in constituencies with the highest proportion of over 64-year-olds, compared with the lowest.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

A sixth of Tory voters are likely to die before the next general election, according to a new analysis.

Polling company Focaldata found that the age at which the Conservatives become the most popular party is 64, compared to 42 in 2019.

In the last five years, one in every ten voters who backed the Conservatives under Boris Johnson's leadership have died – around 1.3 million people.

Analysis by The Times using Office for National Statistics population estimates suggests this trend will accelerate during the current parliament.
The data suggests 1.2 million Tory supporters will die by 2029, which is 17 per cent of the party's vote share.

In comparison, only 500,000 Labour voters – or 5.3% – are expected to die in the same period.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conserative-voters-age-next-general-election-b2583660.html

Wonder what Reform's stats would be...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...