Labour suspend seven MPs who rebelled over two-child benefit cap

Started by papasmurf, July 23, 2024, 10:57:27 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2024, 04:46:12 PM
Nick is not a case of disagree, you came out with the same old bullshine that the Daily Mail has been coming out for decades. The fact is women are having their first child and a later and later age. It is now over 30 years old.  Large families are few in number. The video link you posted is an extremely rare case. NOT common at all.

Families and households in the UK - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

In 2023, there were 19.5 million families in the UK, an increase of just over 1.1 million families (6%) since 2013.

Married or civil-partnered couple families accounted for the majority (66%) of families in 2023, while cohabiting couple families accounted for 18% and lone-parent families accounted for the remaining 16%.
Lone fathers accounted for 15% (477,000) of the 3.2 million lone-parent families in 2023; lone-father families were more likely to include adult children only (52%) than lone-mother families (34%).
There were 28.4 million households in the UK in 2023, an increase of 6% (1.7 million) since 2013; most (two in three) households included one family, either a couple family with or without children (56%) or a lone-parent family (11%).
There were 8.4 million people living alone in the UK in 2023; this was 30% of all households and 13% of all people living in households.
One-third (33%) of young men aged 20 to 34 years were living at home with their parent(s) in the UK in 2023, compared with less than a quarter (22%) of young women.
I'm not interested in how rare it is, we should not be paying for them. The fact that the deputy PM was spitting children out at 15 years old should start the bells sounding. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 24, 2024, 03:14:42 PM
Are you ever going to come up with a new line? Just cause you don't agree doesn't make someone out of date. And as usual your link is irrelevant.
However this isn't: £40K a year in child benefits.

https://youtu.be/JqreWTZsF2M?s
Nick is not a case of disagree, you came out with the same old bullshine that the Daily Mail has been coming out for decades. The fact is women are having their first child and a later and later age. It is now over 30 years old.  Large families are few in number. The video link you posted is an extremely rare case. NOT common at all.

Families and households in the UK - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

In 2023, there were 19.5 million families in the UK, an increase of just over 1.1 million families (6%) since 2013.

Married or civil-partnered couple families accounted for the majority (66%) of families in 2023, while cohabiting couple families accounted for 18% and lone-parent families accounted for the remaining 16%.
Lone fathers accounted for 15% (477,000) of the 3.2 million lone-parent families in 2023; lone-father families were more likely to include adult children only (52%) than lone-mother families (34%).
There were 28.4 million households in the UK in 2023, an increase of 6% (1.7 million) since 2013; most (two in three) households included one family, either a couple family with or without children (56%) or a lone-parent family (11%).
There were 8.4 million people living alone in the UK in 2023; this was 30% of all households and 13% of all people living in households.
One-third (33%) of young men aged 20 to 34 years were living at home with their parent(s) in the UK in 2023, compared with less than a quarter (22%) of young women.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2024, 02:12:58 PM
Nick you are so out of date, suggested reading:-

Childbearing for women born in different years, England and Wales - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)
Are you ever going to come up with a new line? Just cause you don't agree doesn't make someone out of date. And as usual your link is irrelevant.
However this isn't: £40K a year in child benefits.

https://youtu.be/JqreWTZsF2M?s

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on July 24, 2024, 01:52:17 PM
Not when some scumbags decide to have thirteen children just to claim the benefits, the woman in question actually stated on TV that she was playing the system.
Why should decent hard working families pay for dossers to just spit children out?
There will always be those that think they can play the system (and we probably all know some ) but the vast majority are just trying to get by and with the cost of living ,housing in particular need all the help they can get . Decent hard working families will be grateful of the extra few quid , the dossers already on benefits won't see much change as the child benefit will be taken off the universal credit (as I understand it ) 

I could be wrong but having  lazy feckers shouldn't mean we don't give families a helping hand , these are the taxpayers of the future and the more sprogs we can knock out the less we will be reliant on immigration 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 24, 2024, 01:52:17 PM
Not when some scumbags decide to have thirteen children just to claim the benefits, the woman in question actually stated on TV that she was playing the system.
Why should decent hard working families pay for dossers to just spit children out?
Nick you are so out of date, suggested reading:- 

Childbearing for women born in different years, England and Wales - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 24, 2024, 07:24:25 AMI don't really see why we don't pay it ,every child deserves a start in life .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 24, 2024, 08:22:54 AM
Would you see any of the 7 as good ministers ?
I would need to check their voting records, comments in parliament, speeches, and other public domain comments by them to comment.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2024, 07:36:39 AM
I did not need telling. I have already stated I am very unhappy with several ministerial appointments and policies thus far.
Would you see any of the 7 as good ministers ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 24, 2024, 07:24:25 AM
Well you were told that there wasn't a fag paper between them so not unexpected .
I did not need telling. I have already stated I am very unhappy with several ministerial appointments and policies thus far.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 23, 2024, 10:57:27 PM
Looking even more like Tory Mark Three:-

Labour suspend seven MPs who rebelled over two-child benefit cap | Politics News | Sky News

Richard Burgon, John McDonnell, Imran Hussain, Apsana Begum, Zarah Sultana, Rebecca Long-Bailey and Ian Byrne have all had the whip suspended for six months, at which point the decision will be reviewed.
Tim Baker
Political reporter
Tuesday 23 July 2024 21:30, UK
Well you were told that there wasn't a fag paper between them so not unexpected .

I don't really see why we don't pay it ,every child deserves a start in life . Can't really see the difference between giving the money to two  mothers with two kids each or one with four.  With falling birth rates and the supposed need for immigration you would think the government would be encouraging growing families 

More interesting though is the split even if its a small one in the labour party this early in their term . Looks like the usual suspects of the left ,aka Corbynistas .

papasmurf

Looking even more like Tory Mark Three:-

Labour suspend seven MPs who rebelled over two-child benefit cap | Politics News | Sky News

Richard Burgon, John McDonnell, Imran Hussain, Apsana Begum, Zarah Sultana, Rebecca Long-Bailey and Ian Byrne have all had the whip suspended for six months, at which point the decision will be reviewed.
Tim Baker
Political reporter
Tuesday 23 July 2024 21:30, UK