Ukraine’s FM May Resume Negotiations With Russia - Chinese Visit

Started by Borg Refinery, July 24, 2024, 11:53:12 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 24, 2024, 11:53:12 AM
South China Morning Post

If China successfully brokers a peace deal, it will greatly increase China's prominence on the world stage as regards intl diplomacy.
Whatever the jockeying for international prestige, let's hope China manages to get negotiations and a ceasefire underway.

Admittedly, China is playing its own game, but peace would not only benefit the two countries at war, but also the economies of a lot of Asia and the West...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on July 24, 2024, 01:54:29 PM
I don't think Ukraine will accept anything less than a full withdrawal of Russian Troops.
Putin will have to have some sort of win or it just carries on but I also get the Ukraine stance . Its going to be a tough deal to broker that's for sure 

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 24, 2024, 11:53:12 AM
South China Morning Post

If China successfully brokers a peace deal, it will greatly increase China's prominence on the world stage as regards intl diplomacy.
I don't think Ukraine will accept anything less than a full withdrawal of Russian Troops.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

QuoteUkrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba signaled that his country is ready to resume negotiations with Russia, during a meeting with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on Wednesday, according to China's foreign ministry.

Kyiv and Moscow had briefly engaged in peace talks soon after Russia invaded Ukraine in 2022, but negotiations broke down over a range of key issues.
Kuleba and Wang met in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou, as Kyiv's top diplomat made his first official visit to the country since the war in Ukraine broke out in February 2022.

South China Morning Post

If China successfully brokers a peace deal, it will greatly increase China's prominence on the world stage as regards intl diplomacy.
+++