Man arrested over crash that killed six people

Started by papasmurf, July 24, 2024, 01:06:12 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2024, 07:35:57 PM
I had wondered, the crash site looked odd. (Where vehicles end up can be very different to when the collision happened. Pointing in a different direction and/or on the "wrong," side of the road.
Very often, when one sees a crash aftermath (mercifully, most are without serious injury), it's difficult to guess what exactly happened as vehicles can bounce off one-another because of a combination of inertia, the angle of impact and the bounciness of tyres and suspension.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 24, 2024, 06:44:38 PM
Ah!
So there was a third vehicle involved, a Porsche which got away after being involved in killing 6 people?
I bet he had gone to ground.
I had wondered, the crash site looked odd. (Where vehicles end up can be very different to when the collision happened. Pointing in a different direction and/or on the "wrong," side of the road.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Ah!
So there was a third vehicle involved, a Porsche which got away after being involved in killing 6 people?
I bet he had gone to ground.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 24, 2024, 02:41:13 PM
Is it you or me — but why do some of your posts flood my screen with extra large type...?
It is how it copy and pastes from certain sites. If I copy and paste it to wordpad and from there to the forum it stops the problem. I have been somewhat busy for two days my wife and I have been carrying out a restoration on one of our sidecar outfits. It it only 33 years old and has done 110000 miles, and the front suspension failed. (Nothing lasts these days.) It is now fully rebuilt. (At great expense.)

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2024, 01:06:12 PM
It appears all the keyboard warriors jumping to conclusions were wrong:-

Arrest over A61 crash which killed six people - BBC News

• 24 July 2024, 12:25 BST

Updated 6 minutes ago

A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a crash in which six people, including four members of the same family, were killed.
Nine-year-old Rubie Morgan-Roller and four-year-old Lillie Morgan-Roller were killed alongside their mother Shannen Morgan and father Shane Roller.
Christopher and Janine Barton, who were both travelling on a motorbike, also died.
The Bartons' BMW S100 XR motorbike and the family's Ford Focus collided on the A61 between Wakefield and Barnsley on Sunday at about 15:55 BST.

West Yorkshire Police said the man was arrested earlier and remained in custody.
Detectives have appealed for anyone who saw a grey Porsche 911 being driven in the area around the time of the collision to come forward.
They also urged anyone who may have dashcam, CCTV or doorbell footage of the car and the manner it was being driven to contact them.
Is it you or me — but why do some of your posts flood my screen with extra large type...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

It appears all the keyboard warriors jumping to conclusions were wrong:-

Arrest over A61 crash which killed six people - BBC News

• 24 July 2024, 12:25 BST

Updated 6 minutes ago

A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a crash in which six people, including four members of the same family, were killed.
Nine-year-old Rubie Morgan-Roller and four-year-old Lillie Morgan-Roller were killed alongside their mother Shannen Morgan and father Shane Roller.
Christopher and Janine Barton, who were both travelling on a motorbike, also died.
The Bartons' BMW S100 XR motorbike and the family's Ford Focus collided on the A61 between Wakefield and Barnsley on Sunday at about 15:55 BST.

West Yorkshire Police said the man was arrested earlier and remained in custody.
Detectives have appealed for anyone who saw a grey Porsche 911 being driven in the area around the time of the collision to come forward.
They also urged anyone who may have dashcam, CCTV or doorbell footage of the car and the manner it was being driven to contact them.