Police didn't run away this time

Started by Streetwalker, July 25, 2024, 07:55:36 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on July 28, 2024, 06:41:01 PM
"Bobby" cams are more or less the norm now.
That does not answer the question. Probably because you don't know the answer.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 28, 2024, 04:17:01 PM
Third party maybe, but have we, or will we, or should we, see video and audio recordings of the events from the police's own cameras?

Also: New Manchester Airport video shows violent scenes before man 'kicked' in head by GMP officer...
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/new-manchester-airport-video-shows-29625111
The police have rules with regard data protection that the public don't so no we won't be seeing Police cams as far as I am led to believe .

The new footage released yesterday shows an out of control couple of thugs that needed taking down . Most countries in the World would have seen them shot dead as soon as the punches started to be thrown so they have got off light in some respects . There is no way that lad was going to be allowed the get up and likely continue his assault and the police officer was rightly concerned that may have been the case had he not made sure of it. 

So we now know why the police officer kicked him ,part of a fight that needed to be ended without further ado .The issue now of course will be the criminal proceedings ,what charges will be brought and to who . 
You can guarantee one thing ,one way or another there will be more protests . This  will be due to the appeasement of the mob , the bowing down and the literal kneeling down to those who think 'justice' is doing as you please .

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 28, 2024, 06:39:17 PM
Were the Police using cameras?
"Bobby" cams are more or less the norm now.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 28, 2024, 04:17:01 PM
Third party maybe, but have we, or will we, or should we, see video and audio recordings of the events from the police's own cameras?

Also: New Manchester Airport video shows violent scenes before man 'kicked' in head by GMP officer...
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/new-manchester-airport-video-shows-29625111
Were the Police using cameras?
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2024, 04:26:55 PM
And again: The police are not in control of releasing footage of their officers activities taken by a third party. And as I also said, the scumbag assault footage has been edited out.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 26, 2024, 03:19:35 PM
I can only post my response — I can't read it for you. Maybe the following will help:

The Police are in control of releasing information about their own personnel and activities.

This was in response to

Funny how only the alleged police brutality part of the incident is being shared online
And again: The police are not in control of releasing footage of their officers activities taken by a third party. And as I also said, the scumbag assault footage has been edited out. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2024, 03:12:51 PM
How are the police in charge of releasing mobile phone footage on FB or twitter, the place where the EDITED footage has been shared: the footage where 2 men assaulted 3 police officers.

I do hope it is handled better, but someone needs to show the unredacted footage.
I can only post my response — I can't read it for you. Maybe the following will help:

The Police are in control of releasing information about their own personnel and activities.

This was in response to

Funny how only the alleged police brutality part of the incident is being shared online
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 26, 2024, 02:56:26 PM

However, remembering the action/inaction, and info put out officially and leaked on such events as the killings of Harry Stanley, Jean Charles de Menezes, Mark Duggan, etc, I guess we just have to hope they handle things better this time...
How are the police in charge of releasing mobile phone footage on FB or twitter, the place where the EDITED footage has been shared: the footage where 2 men assaulted 3 police officers. 

I do hope it is handled better, but someone needs to show the unredacted footage. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2024, 02:41:06 PM
I know a bloke who is a recently retired armed plod at MAN airport, I'll ask what the word on the street is. I do know the demonstrations were lead by the Muslim community, with the name of an Asian solicitor being shouting in case anyone was arrested and  they also were shouting BLM. Funny how only the alleged police brutality part of the incident is being shared online, the part where two officers were assaulted and the WPC has her nose broken has been removed. Where is Citizen Smith when we need him?

However, remembering the action/inaction, and info put out officially and leaked on such events as the killings of Harry Stanley, Jean Charles de Menezes, Mark Duggan, etc, I guess we just have to hope they handle things better this time...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2024, 07:48:43 PM
Is there any accurate information about those arrested during this incident?
I know a bloke who is a recently retired armed plod at MAN airport, I'll ask what the word on the street is. I do know the demonstrations were lead by the Muslim community, with the name of an Asian solicitor being shouting in case anyone was arrested and  they also were shouting BLM. Funny how only the alleged police brutality part of the incident is being shared online, the part where two officers were assaulted and the WPC has her nose broken has been removed. Where is Citizen Smith when we need him?

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2024, 07:48:43 PM
I suspect it's going to take a wile for this to be resolved.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2024, 12:26:32 PM
Given 4 police were injured in the fracas, including a female officer has a broken nose, and we have only been shown part of the incident on video not what led up to it I reserve judgment.  (Also had the offender not be neutralised he might have been able to gain possession of an armed officers firearm(s). )
Thats right Papa , can't take any chances when there are semi automatic weapons present . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 25, 2024, 12:02:12 PM
Yes, they need educating.
Given 4 police were injured in the fracas, including a female officer has a broken nose, and we have only been shown part of the incident on video not what led up to it I reserve judgment.  (Also had the offender not been neutralised he might have been able to gain possession of an armed officers firearm(s). )

Barry

† The end is nigh †