Police didn't run away this time

Started by Streetwalker, July 25, 2024, 07:55:36 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 30, 2024, 07:13:22 PM
It's not like they are asking her to strip naked, is it? Just show her face to marry it with her passport pic will do.
Precisely. I await the full official report of the three incidents.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2024, 12:30:28 PM
If an official female who was authorised to ask a Muslim woman to remove her Burqa for the purposes of identification. (Which takes place in a private space.) Then the incident kicked off there, with police being attacked then what followed the police were  justified.
It's not like they are asking her to strip naked, is it? Just show her face to marry it with her passport pic will do.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 30, 2024, 12:22:51 PM
I heard it on the BBC online.
If an official female who was authorised to ask a Muslim woman to remove her Burqa for the purposes of identification. (Which takes place in a private space.) Then the incident kicked off there, with police being attacked then what followed the police were  justified. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2024, 10:26:37 AM
Nick where did you see that please? (I can find no reference to it anywhere.)  There are rules and regulations for the police/customs and so on to ask for the removal of a Burqa.
I heard it on the BBC online.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 29, 2024, 02:14:05 PM
It all kicked off because the Female Police Officer was called to inspect the face of a woman wearing a Burqa, which is allowed in Islamic Law. She took her to one side and then the rest is a mystery ATM.
Nick where did you see that please? (I can find no reference to it anywhere.)  There are rules and regulations for the police/customs and so on to ask for the removal of a Burqa. 

Streetwalker

It all kicked off because the Female Police Officer was called to inspect the face of a woman wearing a Burqa, which is allowed in Islamic Law. She took her to one side and then the rest is a mystery ATM.
That's half the problem , doing whats allowed in Islamic law shouldn't be a consideration in the UK .  The wearing of the Burqa is not even Islamic law ,that just say's dress modestly and cover your head ,a niqab would seem the way forward for Islamic's at airports . Its therefore reasonable to ban the burqa  at airports where peoples identification is clearly a help to the security of all . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 30, 2024, 09:44:25 AM

We do know why the officer kicked him ,  so he wasn't getting up .
Precisely given what has now been made clear what happened before the man had his head kicked, in my opinion incapacitating the man was the logical course of action.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2024, 01:20:18 PM
I thought most British citizens had pride in the fact that the UK was not like "Most countries in the World...", which for many years has included the knowledge that most police officers on regular duty do not carry firearms.

I disagree that we "know why the police officer kicked him". We don't and, if he did, we don't yet know why. That's for inquiries to find out.

By their quick response to and interaction with the family of the hospitalised injured man, Police and IOPC appear to have kept the protests non-violent — sensible "appeasement" it seems to me.

I guess it's now largely how colleagues of the suspended officer behave, that may influence the mood of any further protests...
Our Airport police have been armed for many years 
We do know why the officer kicked him ,  so he wasn't getting up .
No such thing as sensible appeasement in my book ,showing weakness emboldens ethnic groups and encourages protests 

papasmurf

It started before that Nick, apparently there was an incident on a plane that led up to it. Why it is taking so much time to get the full sequence of events until the man got kicked in the head by the police officer. (Justifiably, in my opinion,) I really cannot understand.

New footage shows moments before man kicked in head by police officer at Manchester Airport | UK News | Sky News

Appeal for witnesses to three incidents at Manchester Airport's Terminal 2 on Tuesday 23 July

Greater Manchester Police has opened a public portal for more footage and it is appealing for witnesses to three incidents.
The first is "an altercation between passengers" from Qatar Airways flight QR023 that arrived at 7.20pm, which they said may have taken place on the flight or T2 baggage hall.
There was then a "violent altercation involving members of the public" in T2 at about 8.22pm, GMP said.
At 8.28pm at the terminal's car park pay point area three police officers were assaulted and left with head injuries including a broken nose, GMP added.
Witnesses are asked to upload information, images, or footage to the public portal: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/06GMP23S59-PO1

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on July 29, 2024, 01:37:48 PM
Given the background to the incident (which has turned out to be incidents.) leading up to the totally out of context video, personally the police office was justified in making damned sure the man was incapacitated before he attacked any more police officers. (In some other countries the man would have been shot not kicked.)
I guess we're all familiar with your firearms infatuation but, unlike some in Cornwall, I believe Manchester wants to remain in the UK and is therefore subject to the policing rules and civilised behaviour of the UK.

The civilians fighting in the airport broke the law. The Police were correct in apprehending/restraining them. It's the manner of the apprehending and restraint that's being inquired into.

Let's see what the Police authority and the IOPC investigation finally report — both bodies appear to have behaved sensibly so far...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Given the background to the incident (which has turned out to be incidents.) leading up to the totally out of context video, personally the police office was justified in making damned sure the man was incapacitated before he attacked any more police officers. (In some other countries the man would have been shot not kicked.)

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 28, 2024, 09:14:03 PM
The police have rules with regard data protection that the public don't so no we won't be seeing Police cams as far as I am led to believe .

The new footage released yesterday shows an out of control couple of thugs that needed taking down . Most countries in the World would have seen them shot dead as soon as the punches started to be thrown so they have got off light in some respects . There is no way that lad was going to be allowed the get up and likely continue his assault and the police officer was rightly concerned that may have been the case had he not made sure of it.

So we now know why the police officer kicked him ,part of a fight that needed to be ended without further ado .The issue now of course will be the criminal proceedings ,what charges will be brought and to who .
You can guarantee one thing ,one way or another there will be more protests . This  will be due to the appeasement of the mob , the bowing down and the literal kneeling down to those who think 'justice' is doing as you please .
I thought most British citizens had pride in the fact that the UK was not like "Most countries in the World...", which for many years has included the knowledge that most police officers on regular duty do not carry firearms.

I disagree that we "know why the police officer kicked him". We don't and, if he did, we don't yet know why. That's for inquiries to find out.

By their quick response to and interaction with the family of the hospitalised injured man, Police and IOPC appear to have kept the protests non-violent — sensible "appeasement" it seems to me.

I guess it's now largely how colleagues of the suspended officer behave, that may influence the mood of any further protests...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 28, 2024, 06:39:17 PM
Were the Police using cameras?
Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham told BBC radio this morning that he has seen the video of the incident but has not seen footage from body-worn cameras.
https://news.sky.com/story/police-officer-suspended-after-footage-shows-suspect-being-stamped-on-the-head-at-manchester-airport-13184624

I admit, I had assumed that the officers wore body-cams...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 28, 2024, 10:47:03 PM
That does not answer the question. Probably because you don't know the answer.
Actually it does answer you question. More and more police forces are using  body worn video.  Devon and Cornwall Police have been using it for years which has cut assaults on police officers dramatically.

Body-worn video (polfed.org)

Devon and Cornwall Roll Out Body-Worn Video Cameras to Officers - Reveal (revealmedia.co.uk)