Start Knitting!

Started by T00ts, July 29, 2024, 05:15:05 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 17, 2024, 10:44:10 PM
It's not a fiddle because it's a known policy for MPs.  It's a shit job for less pay then most of them could get outside politics and many of them are forced to live a long way away from home for the majority of the year.

You just seem to hate MPs.
Absolute tosh, you're struggling to justify a decent argument and all you can say is I hate MP's. PATHETIC.
I spent over 300 days out of the U.K. and away from my family in the last tax year, so don't tell me they have such a terrible time cause they are away from their families 4 days a week for a few weeks a year. I don't get to sell the hotel where I stay and make a ton of money out of it. Your argument just does not hold water.

You tell me where Angela Raynor or Lisa Nandy could earn £91K plus expenses outside of being an MP!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 17, 2024, 10:27:35 PM
Why do they need a permanent home when they are not there permanently? You're just finding ridiculous excuses to justify your stance. It's a fiddle and you know it is, be man enough to admit it. They claim subsidies based on second homes and even get to sell them and keep the proceeds, it's a joke.
It's not a fiddle because it's a known policy for MPs.  It's a shit job for less pay then most of them could get outside politics and many of them are forced to live a long way away from home for the majority of the year.

You just seem to hate MPs.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 17, 2024, 10:15:41 PM
Not as a permanent home they can't
Why do they need a permanent home when they are not there permanently? You're just finding ridiculous excuses to justify your stance. It's a fiddle and you know it is, be man enough to admit it. They claim subsidies based on second homes and even get to sell them and keep the proceeds, it's a joke. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2024, 01:10:03 PM
They can rent an AirBandB for a lot cheaper than buying a house in London.
Not as a permanent home they can't

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 14, 2024, 11:31:48 AM
Don't know but I do know that kids under 5 aren't usually at school
They can rent an AirBandB for a lot cheaper than buying a house in London. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2024, 11:09:05 AM
Are you telling me that MP's take their children out of school during term time?
Don't know but I do know that kids under 5 aren't usually at school

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 13, 2024, 11:28:03 PM
You wish for MPs not to have a family life is noted. 
So is "you" strawman. 
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 14, 2024, 10:57:32 AM
How many hotels in London have separate bedrooms and a private garden for the children to play in?  And a dining room and kitchen where meals can be served?

None or even less?
Are you telling me that MP's take their children out of school during term time? 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2024, 12:27:25 AM
Your dramatics have been noted, I'll recommend you forward for a BAFTA.
Would you like to explain to me how being in a hotel compared to a second home gives you more family life? Oh, I forgot, hotels in London don't allow family members!!
Your desperation to reel against logic is outstanding, and you comment on the lack of sensible debate. 🙄
How many hotels in London have separate bedrooms and a private garden for the children to play in?  And a dining room and kitchen where meals can be served?

None or even less?

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 13, 2024, 11:28:03 PM
Your dramatics have been noted, I'll recommend you forward for a BAFTA.
Would you like to explain to me how being in a hotel compared to a second home gives you more family life? Oh, I forgot, hotels in London don't allow family members!!
Your desperation to reel against logic is outstanding, and you comment on the lack of sensible debate. 🙄 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: cromwell on September 13, 2024, 11:41:07 PM
And she's far from alone in pre election saying one thing and post doing another

You do realise that is dated 2015 don't you?

cromwell

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 13, 2024, 10:06:18 PM
Because of the durations an MP (especially a front bench MP) has to be in London.  She's far from alone in having a second home in London as a way of meeting those commitments and having some sort of family life.

And she's far from alone in pre election saying one thing and post doing another

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2024, 11:06:37 PM
Since 2nd of Aug I have spent 6 weeks in SC USA and 3 weeks in India, in the last financial year I have spent 59 days in the U.K., the rest has been working abroad so you are calling out the wrong person. To be honest, your defence that they might have to be away on a Friday is frankly pathetic, even if they are away 2 weeks at a time there is no reason they can't use a hotel.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 13, 2024, 10:39:09 PM
Actually FRONT BENCHERS have to be there early on the Monday and often on the Friday because of all the necessary meetings so your 4 nights is wishful thinking. 

And did you ever have be there 4 nights a week for the 40+ weeks that Parliament sits a year?
Since 2nd of Aug I have spent 6 weeks in SC USA and 3 weeks in India, in the last financial year I have spent 59 days in the U.K., the rest has been working abroad so you are calling out the wrong person. To be honest, your defence that they might have to be away on a Friday is frankly pathetic, even if they are away 2 weeks at a time there is no reason they can't use a hotel. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2024, 10:12:41 PM
They spend maximum 4 nights a week in London, what are talking about duration? Are you saying hotel costs are more than buying a property in London? If you are you are deluded.
Actually FRONT BENCHERS have to be there early on the Monday and often on the Friday because of all the necessary meetings so your 4 nights is wishful thinking.  

And did you ever have be there 4 nights a week for the 40+ weeks that Parliament sits a year?