Start Knitting!

Started by T00ts, July 29, 2024, 05:15:05 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2024, 12:08:06 PM
I've worked in over 70 countries and the minimum I go away for is 3 weeks. I was in Chile for 12 weeks straight and was in the Crown Plaza Santiago, in 35 years of travelling a client has NEVER bought me a house.
Again you're playing games with words, I never said people don't have a house provided for them but you're trying to equate renting an AirB&B with buying a house. How many houses did your company buy for people working abroad, answer NONE. So now we have established what the norm is, how is it that an MP buys a house with MY tax and then sells it at a profit when they could easily rent one?

You have taken us all round the houses and now we are back at the start.
Not me playing games with words but you are deliberately twisting mine.

I never said a client bought a house (the employer long term leased/rented them)

I've no doubt a few people like you are up for spending 12 weeks straight in one location but most people are not and limiting our MPs stock to be Nick clones would on inspection seem to be a non representative plan.  And even that would be to ignore that we're not talking a one off stay of 12 weeks are we.  We're talking a typically 20 year stretch of spending 40 weeks a year in the same destination.  And you want that all spent in the £400 a night London Crowne Plazas - and that's for the smallest room they have.  Hardly a family life option and a cost of £60k+ a year.  

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 19, 2024, 02:01:22 PM
More shabby lies from Barry.  Actually it's inane hostility that kills forums but hey ho you keep showing it don't you.

FWIW I never said such what you allege.  There could be many reasons why Nick is saying what he says.  IMHO it's deliberate false malignment of MPs (by accusing them of scamming for claiming what the job description allows) because he hates them but I actually asked Nick what his explanation was.
Where have I EVER said I hate MP's, that is utter nonsense?
I know it's allowed but that doesn't make it right, they don't need to buy a house in London, it's unnecessary use of my tax. Same as Rachel Freeze doesn't need £4000 of my tax to pay energy bills when her and her husband have a combined income of just under £400K a year. It's all a big scam, permitted or not.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 19, 2024, 09:13:53 AM
This is how Steve kills forums. He disrespects other users, in this case the admin, saying he hasn't got a braincell. Says he is illiterate.
Says he doesn't know about politics.

Totally diverted from the topic, so we don't talk about Labour stealing the pensioner's WFA.
More shabby lies from Barry.  Actually it's inane hostility that kills forums but hey ho you keep showing it don't you.

FWIW I never said such what you allege.  There could be many reasons why Nick is saying what he says.  IMHO it's deliberate false malignment of MPs (by accusing them of scamming for claiming what the job description allows) because he hates them but I actually asked Nick what his explanation was.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 18, 2024, 11:58:34 PM
Or in short it's not a scam (a dishonest scheme)

I've been retired a while so haven't travelled on business for over 10 years.  At the peak I was travelling to North America or Europe something like 20 times a year and IIRC the longest was 3 weeks away from home. 

I have never met anyone that spent 150 days away from home a year on business at the same location that didn't have a home provided for them.  Hotel life away from family becomes soul destroying to anyone with a soul when the novelty of a new destination wears off. 
I've worked in over 70 countries and the minimum I go away for is 3 weeks. I was in Chile for 12 weeks straight and was in the Crown Plaza Santiago, in 35 years of travelling a client has NEVER bought me a house.

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 18, 2024, 11:58:34 PMI have never met anyone that spent 150 days away from home a year on business at the same location that didn't have a home provided for them
Again you're playing games with words, I never said people don't have a house provided for them but you're trying to equate renting an AirB&B with buying a house. How many houses did your company buy for people working abroad, answer NONE. So now we have established what the norm is, how is it that an MP buys a house with MY tax and then sells it at a profit when they could easily rent one?

You have taken us all round the houses and now we are back at the start.

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 18, 2024, 10:06:40 PM
Seems the one that can't read is you.

Anyone that knows about politics know that front bench MPs have to have many meetings outside of those house hours.  But then anyone with a braincell would know that claiming what is in the job description isn't 'scamming'.  So what's your excuse for accusing them of it?
This is how Steve kills forums. He disrespects other users, in this case the admin, saying he hasn't got a braincell. Says he is illiterate.
Says he doesn't know about politics.

Totally diverted from the topic, so we don't talk about Labour stealing the pensioner's WFA.
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2024, 11:42:13 PM
Course it's a scam, it's a scam laid down in parliamentary law. There is not a single reason MP's can't use hotels for the "150" days they are in London, instead they pay for a residence 365 days a year and then sell it and keep the profit.
So again, if you travelled extensively you would not have the view you have, so how about outlining your trips you've done and how long you were away. When did you last travel away?
Or in short it's not a scam (a dishonest scheme

I've been retired a while so haven't travelled on business for over 10 years.  At the peak I was travelling to North America or Europe something like 20 times a year and IIRC the longest was 3 weeks away from home.  

I have never met anyone that spent 150 days away from home a year on business at the same location that didn't have a home provided for them.  Hotel life away from family becomes soul destroying to anyone with a soul when the novelty of a new destination wears off.  

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 18, 2024, 10:06:40 PM

Anyone that knows about politics know that front bench MPs have to have many meetings outside of those house hours.  But then anyone with a braincell would know that claiming what is in the job description isn't 'scamming'.  So what's your excuse for accusing them of it?
Course it's a scam, it's a scam laid down in parliamentary law. There is not a single reason MP's can't use hotels for the "150" days they are in London, instead they pay for a residence 365 days a year and then sell it and keep the profit.
So again, if you travelled extensively you would not have the view you have, so how about outlining your trips you've done and how long you were away. When did you last travel away?

Unlucky4Sum

Oh and when we needed people to be over 4 days week after week at a non commutable site we paid for them to have a second home - and yes we paid the energy bills.  That's because we weren't a shit employer and knew that if you want to keep talent don't treat them like dirt.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2024, 09:46:44 PM
Do you deliberately misunderstand what people say or is it you don't actually understand? If someone gets to London at lunchtime on Monday and is back home by lunchtime on a Friday that is 96hrs, divided by 24 (that's a day) is 4 days. Do you remember that I stated Monday to Friday. If they do that roughly 38 times that is 150 days.

If you had spent an inordinate times away you wouldn't think 4 days away at a time is particularly taxing, and would know that a hotel room would do the trick, not scamming hundreds of thousands out of the tax payer on a London home.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 18, 2024, 07:48:43 PM
Yes your numeracy isn't good today but bit harsh for you to call yourself 'pathetic'.  Far from your '4 days' those non home counties MPs are away from home something like 150 days actually.  You were told, sadly it didn't sink in.

And for your info I've spent many trips away from home in my time.  Way too many to count and well over a million miles travelled.

Any more stupid jibes you're going to post?
Do you deliberately misunderstand what people say or is it you don't actually understand? If someone gets to London at lunchtime on Monday and is back home by lunchtime on a Friday that is 96hrs, divided by 24 (that's a day) is 4 days. Do you remember that I stated Monday to Friday. If they do that roughly 38 times that is 150 days.

If you had spent an inordinate times away you wouldn't think 4 days away at a time is particularly taxing, and would know that a hotel room would do the trick, not scamming hundreds of thousands out of the tax payer on a london home.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2024, 01:39:27 PM
I'll be living in Goa within the next couple of years, why would I want to be an MP? I work away for 7 weeks at a time, if you think being away Mon to Fri is such a trauma you probably get a nose bleed if you travel more than 50 miles from home, they are on 90K a year, but cant stay away from home for 4 days? Pathetic.
Yes your numeracy isn't good today but bit harsh for you to call yourself 'pathetic'.  Far from your '4 days' those non home counties MPs are away from home something like 150 days actually.  You were told, sadly it didn't sink in.

And for your info I've spent many trips away from home in my time.  Way too many to count and well over a million miles travelled. 

Any more stupid jibes you're going to post?

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 18, 2024, 12:13:33 AM
Well if you think it's such a cushy life stand to be an MP yourself.  But you might want to talk to a few first (or even read Seb Coe's autobiography).  It's a tough job especially if your constituency isn't in the home counties.
I'll be living in Goa within the next couple of years, why would I want to be an MP? I work away for 7 weeks at a time, if you think being away Mon to Fri is such a trauma you probably get a nose bleed if you travel more than 50 miles from home, they are on 90K a year, but cant stay away from home for 4 days? Pathetic.

Unlucky4Sum

Well if you think it's such a cushy life stand to be an MP yourself.  But you might want to talk to a few first (or even read Seb Coe's autobiography).  It's a tough job especially if your constituency isn't in the home counties.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 17, 2024, 11:36:18 PM
Loads of consultancies would offer them jobs. 
After they had already been an MP, that would be as an acceptance that they would be able to lobby their friends back in the HoC's. Angela Raylor would be packing Fish Fingers in a factory if she had not got into politics, certainly not in a consulting role. What could she consult on even now if she left politics?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 17, 2024, 11:13:55 PM
Absolute tosh, you're struggling to justify a decent argument and all you can say is I hate MP's. PATHETIC.
I spent over 300 days out of the U.K. and away from my family in the last tax year, so don't tell me they have such a terrible time cause they are away from their families 4 days a week for a few weeks a year. I don't get to sell the hotel where I stay and make a ton of money out of it. Your argument just does not hold water.

You tell me where Angela Raynor or Lisa Nandy could earn £91K plus expenses outside of being an MP!!
Loads of consultancies would offer them jobs.