Starmer takes flowers

Started by T00ts, July 30, 2024, 04:34:15 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

The actions of this murderer do look so deranged that they are suggestive of mental or psychological disturbances or difficulties of some kind.

But the truth will come out in the fullness of time. 

I do not think Starmer should be criticised for making an appearance. I think most other prime ministers would have done the same had it happened on their watch.

But if the murderer proves to be psychologically deranged, that itself is an example of an ethical dilemma. Should diminished responsibility even be a valid defence at all for a crime so terrible? Are some crimes so terrible that the perpetrator ought to face the full weight of the law regardless of his mental health?

I am opposed to the death penalty for a variety of reasons discussed many times before so not going to go over that one again. I think it is too easy anyway. This guy will live in constant fear and be the target of attacks and woundings in prison whilst in the company of nonces, constantly abused and held in contempt by those around him, his food spat upon and worse. Life will be a living hell for him. And I want him to suffer it for a long time. And he may well end up dead anyway.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on July 30, 2024, 06:12:27 PMeither there is no God or he is a complete *********
It is moments like this when so many people wonder, and how He could let something like this happen. The thing always to remember is that God did not make this decision that is totally on the shoulders of the perpetrator, and he will be dealt with at the time that suits God. That is when the wrath of God will be seen. Those who have died are with Him as all innocent children who die young are, and it is yet to be seen if the others succumb or are saved by the skill of those nursing them. We can only pray for them.

Scott777

Apparently the parents of the attacker were from Rwanda.  The Rwandan genocide happened during the lifetime of those parents.  Machetes were a common weapon of convenience in that genocide.  But I'm sure that's nothing to do with this knife attack.  It's just mental elf, not cultural differences.  He was probably depressed about living up north.  😕
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2024, 05:07:20 PM
As I understand it was a community school holiday arrangement, not a dedicated venue. Tragic as it is, it would be frankly impossible to secure everywhere like that.
It was a school holiday club holding a dance event for 7 to 11 year olds, an event that happens all the time. Two of the girls that died went to the same primary school as all my children, which is less than a mile form my house. Another girl who is stable and out of the woods is the sister of my sons friend. The 17 year old is 2nd generation Rwandan and apparently comes from a very nice family. Why he decided to get in a taxi, travel 5 miles, refuse to pay the driver and then kill 3 small children I do not know but I wish we had the death penalty, I'd happily do it my self. I have to come to 1 of 2 conclusions, either there is no God or he is a complete *********
It would have been very easy to secure it by having a locked door, but as T00ts said, it was very hot and nobody could have imagined that this would have happened.

Starmer was heckled and asked what he was going to do about it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on July 30, 2024, 04:34:15 PM

No-one got into my studios without ringing a doorbell, being vetted and allowed in.
As I understand it was a community school holiday arrangement, not a dedicated venue. Tragic as it is, it would be frankly impossible to secure everywhere like that. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Yvette Cooper took flowers to Stockport I think yesterday. Starmer follows up today in a parade of 3 wreaths left by the roadside. This is a terrible act by a young man who must surely be mentally ill. As a Dance teacher myself who held many a holiday activity and classes 52 weeks of the year security had to be paramount. This poor teacher surely did not anticipate anything like this happening and my heart goes out to her as she battles to keep her life but in these days it becomes obvious that security wherever you are must be paramount. 

No-one got into my studios without ringing a doorbell, being vetted and allowed in. These poor kids had a door left open I understand to keep them cool in the heat. That's such a difficult decision and again I have every sympathy. As for Starmer I can't help but wonder just how much political bunce he thinks he has achieved by showing a caring side. Enough to counteract the debacle of his Chancellor's lack of it yesterday? Not in my book. Perhaps it might be more positive to do something about the increasing knife crime in this country. That might earn him a few Brownie points.

Rest in peace little ones, and my prayers are for those still struggling.