Absolutely Disgusting

Started by Nick, July 30, 2024, 11:12:54 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 05, 2024, 10:26:01 AM
I get the feeling you wouldn't trust Mother Theresa
He would if she blessed all disabled pensioners, showered welfare upon them like manna from heaven, promised hellfire and damnation to any tourists daring to enter Cornwall, and promised papal dispensation to anyone gunning down immigrants with machine guns.

He'd trust her then.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 05, 2024, 11:07:18 AM
You make her sound like a Tory ;)
You may think that, I of course could not possibly comment.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2024, 10:50:11 AM
To do what? There are legitimate criticisms of her. Her questionable political contacts, her suspicious management of the enormous sums of money she received, and her overly dogmatic views regarding, in particular, abortion, contraception, and divorce.
You make her sound like a Tory ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 05, 2024, 10:26:01 AM
To do what? There are legitimate criticisms of her. Her questionable political contacts, her suspicious management of the enormous sums of money she received, and her overly dogmatic views regarding, in particular, abortion, contraception, and divorce.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2024, 10:22:13 AM
Farage and Blair are both smarmy gits I would not trust as far as I could throw them.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on August 05, 2024, 09:54:07 AM
  To be specific, Farage said Blair "commands respect". 
Farage and Blair are both smarmy gits I would not trust as far as I could throw them.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on August 05, 2024, 09:56:37 AM
He did literally call it the flu.  That's the point.  He criticised lockdown, because he believed Covid was not serious enough to justify it.
That was after the vaccines were rolled out and the death rates dropped toward the end of lockdown .He said 'enough's enough ' time to end lockdowns .(May 3rd 2021 ) 

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 03, 2024, 07:41:44 PM
There would have been no coming back for him had he suggested the virus was man made or indeed that it was no more than the flu.

He did literally call it the flu.  That's the point.  He criticised lockdown, because he believed Covid was not serious enough to justify it.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 03, 2024, 07:41:44 PM
Farage if I recall suggested someone 'like' Blair to take control of the vaccine roll out because he was someone with a track record of getting things done .It was a comment made in reference to the utter shambles the conservatives were making of it and a suggestion to speed up the UK coming out of lock down .
What he was telling us was if he was in power that he wouldn't let personal feelings get in the way of putting the right man in the right job for the good of the country . Like many I think Blair should have been dragged to The Hague to explain his part in illegal wars ,that doesn't mean he couldn't have done a job with the vaccine roll out .

When he said to get someone "like" Blair, he was clearly saying "such as".  To be specific, Farage said Blair "commands respect". It would not make sense to be talking about someone else, similar to Blair, by saying he commands respect.  There would be no reason to even mention his name, if he meant someone else, given how hated Blair is.

Why would Farage do this, and call for the army to help, and call it a "very serious national crisis", just for the flu?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on August 03, 2024, 10:30:58 AM
You got it all the wrong way round.  Farage is the establishment.  The establishment locked up Tommy in a Muslim prison where he could have been murdered.  My opinion of Farage, as a liar, is based on the facts from his own videos.  When he tells you he wants Tony Blair to be in charge of mass vaccination, he is telling you what he would do in power.  You could only justify your opinion by explaining why he would want Blair just to protect us from the flu.  Go ahead, explain that one.
Farage if I recall suggested someone 'like' Blair to take control of the vaccine roll out because he was someone with a track record of getting things done .It was a comment made in reference to the utter shambles the conservatives were making of it and a suggestion to speed up the UK coming out of lock down .
What he was telling us was if he was in power that he wouldn't let personal feelings get in the way of putting the right man in the right job for the good of the country . Like many I think Blair should have been dragged to The Hague to explain his part in illegal wars ,that doesn't mean he couldn't have done a job with the vaccine roll out .

Knowing your view on the vaccines I don't suppose that helps much but Farage was not about to make a fool of himself like his pal Trump did in supporting  various conspiracy theories . There would have been no coming back for him had he suggested the virus was man made or indeed that it was no more than the flu . If that makes Farage 'the establishment' you have a very low bar for membership . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on August 03, 2024, 05:17:46 PM
Tobias Hellwood is the worst possible source of facts.  He said the EDL, for a start.  He was a member of the 77th Brigade, a disinformation agent.
He was commenting on Farage's comments before the riots as many others have done. I could have put around 30 links had I been bothered to do so.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2024, 02:54:35 PM
I did some time ago you never bothered to read it.

I will try again:-

Nigel Farage accused of 'whipping up' rioters in Southport after disorder erupts (yahoo.com)

Farage's monologue on Southport fuelled 'angry' rioters to believe an agenda | Tobias Ellwood (youtube.com)

Tobias Hellwood is the worst possible source of facts.  He said the EDL, for a start.  He was a member of the 77th Brigade, a disinformation agent.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2024, 02:38:09 PM
Nick had you bothered to watch anything Farage said which was all over TV news,  the internet, and YouTube before the riots started it would be obvious he was inciting riot. (No matter how much he denies it.)
That you never keep up with current affairs is NOT my problem. Many commentators on the news/current/ affairs have accused him of inciting riot. I am frankly pissed of at your continuous assumption I am in a minority on one.

Just Google:- "Farage inciting violence," it is far too long a list to put on here.
Just put one link. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.