Absolutely Disgusting

Started by Nick, July 30, 2024, 11:12:54 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 05, 2024, 10:20:38 AM
That was after the vaccines were rolled out and the death rates dropped toward the end of lockdown .He said 'enough's enough ' time to end lockdowns .(May 3rd 2021 )

I thought maybe you didn't believe me, so here is Farage calling it the flu on 6th January 2021.

So maybe you can explain why 2 days earlier he said it's a VERY SERIOUS NATIONAL EMERGENCY, and promote Tony Blair?  How did he change his mind so much?  The fact is, he is either very very stupid, or a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXKQ9aKDlpM
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on August 07, 2024, 09:39:57 AM
Well he's not, and was even married to a German.
You do know that racism is often selective don't you? It does not always take the form of hating all foreigners. More often than not it gives a free pass to "people like us". That he had a German wife proves nothing.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on August 07, 2024, 02:19:00 AM
Steve, you're either going to have to point to evidence that Farage is racist or retract it. You can't just go around growing baseless accusations at people just cause you have a different POV.
I have a different point of view to Tony Blair, David Cameron, Ian Duncan Smith and many others. I would not regard any of them as racists. A few in the Tory ranks openly appeal to racists in their choice of language - Suella Braverman for example - but they are a minority. Incidentally, a few on the left openly appeal to antisemites - George Galloway being an obvious example - but they too are a minority.

Farage dog whistles racism to racists all the time. Everyone has seen and heard it multiple times except those who dont wish to.

I see little point in trawling for examples which you will refute anyway as his apologists always do.

Only recently though he uttered dark hints that we were not being told the whole truth about the Southport murder, suggesting terrorism as a motivation, knowing full well that the police are limited in what they can say publicly about a minor  for legal reasons. Farage does this in the form of suggestive questions so he can deny it if challenged or found to be wrong. We all know what he is getting at, racists and non-racists alike. It is typical dog whistling. He is an ugly zit on the face of British politics.

I am pretty sure he will use parliamentary privilege to say outrageous things designed to fuel public anger when parliament is sitting again. The knuckle dragging fraternity will lap it up. More intelligent people who nevertheless share some of his prejudices will - as you are doing - allow themselves to be persuaded that he is saying or doing nothing unreasonable. Racists and useful idiots united as one. The latter will end up wondering how they caught so many fleas after lying down with dogs.

A common trait is to condemn the violence but downplaying it as the actions of a minority, or whilst condemning the violence and criminality on the one hand, expressing understanding of the anger that lay behind it, rejecting the notion that they are just a bunch of racist hatemongers, for whom hate is their primary motivation. Appeasing scum like this will only encourage them. They need to face the full weight of the law, but the response of the courts is pitiful so far. One teenager has been sentenced to two months in prison and will be out in 4 weeks. Another middle aged yob who vandalised police cars whilst coked up and was found to be in possession of cocaine when arrested didnt even get a prison term. In terms of coming down hard, this is utterly pitiful.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on August 07, 2024, 08:38:44 AM
Farage is far to subtle to be obvious about it. But the accumulation of comments he has made over the years give the impression he is a racist.

Can you give an example of a comment that gave that impression?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 07, 2024, 09:29:22 AM
I have watched or read his comments not taken on someone else's opinion.  He me gives the impression, albeit subtly, that he is racist. 
Well he's not, and was even married to a German. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 07, 2024, 09:05:38 AM
I would actually say that's the complete opposite of what he has done ,over the years he has made enough comments that would say he isn't .

I have watched or read his comments not taken on someone else's opinion.  He me gives the impression, albeit subtly, that he is racist.  
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 07, 2024, 08:38:44 AM
Farage is far to subtle to be obvious about it. But the accumulation of comments he has made over the years give the impression he is a racist.
I would actually say that's the complete opposite of what he has done ,over the years he has made enough comments that would say he isn't .

Of course some posters and parts of the MSM have an axe to grind with Farage over mass immigration and Brexit in general  like........................... 
Quote from: srb7677 on August 06, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
That is because he was doing what he always does, dog whistle for racists, stoking the very violence he then uses for his own dubious political purposes. The man is racist scum himself but clever enough to pretend to be mainstream. And the racists out there love him for it. They can lap it up whilst pretending not to be racists themselves. But they are not kidding those of us with IQs bigger than our shoe sizes. We see them for what they truly are more clearly than they even see themselves, effectively racists in denial in some cases.
You know there isn't a lot to say about that .An attack on Farage , an attack on 16 million voters and a self promotion on the 'I'm more clever than you  chart '  . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 07, 2024, 02:19:00 AM
Steve, you're either going to have to point to evidence that Farage is racist or retract it. You can't just go around growing baseless accusations at people just cause you have a different POV.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

That is because he was doing what he always does, dog whistle for racists, stoking the very violence he then uses for his own dubious political purposes. The man is racist scum himself but clever enough to pretend to be mainstream. And the racists out there love him for it. They can lap it up whilst pretending not to be racists themselves. But they are not kidding those of us with IQs bigger than our shoe sizes. We see them for what they truly are more clearly than they even see themselves, effectively racists in denial in some cases.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 06, 2024, 07:19:29 PM
How do you mean?
Attack was around midday Monday. The suspect was arrested at or near the scene.
As a minor the police were only able to release the most basic information. Basically that a minor had been arrested. They did announce that they did not think the motive was terror related.
That did not stop speculation and rumors from flying online (most of which proved to be completely wrong)
A responsible actor would appeal for calm, remind people that there are laws regarding disclosure of information and prejudicing any future court case. They would encourage people not to spread unsubstantiated rumors or jump to conclusions
Farage released a video on Tuesday afternoon "asking questions" and implying that there was some sort of cover up.
Precisely, and by Tuesday afternoon when Farage released his video there were already  mobs on their way to Southport, so NO, as I said Farage didn't incite the riots. It was organised on WhatsApp and Telegram by ultra far-right idiots, with no doubt, Yaxley Lennon directing it from his sun lounger. 

Scott777

The man is racist scum himself 

Farage does disgust me, but I wouldn't assume he is racist.  It's just another lazy slur, like far-right.  It would help if you define the specific racist qualities that he possesses, rather than the lazy label.

srb7677

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 06, 2024, 07:19:29 PM
How do you mean?
As a minor the police were only able to release the most basic information. Basically that a minor had been arrested. They did announce that they did not think the motive was terror related.
That did not stop speculation and rumors from flying online (most of which proved to be completely wrong)
A responsible actor would appeal for calm, remind people that there are laws regarding disclosure of information and prejudicing any future court case. They would encourage people not to spread unsubstantiated rumors or jump to conclusions
Farage released a video on Tuesday afternoon "asking questions" and implying that there was some sort of cover up.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on August 06, 2024, 07:14:57 AM
Would you like to put a timeline on this?
How do you mean? 

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 06, 2024, 06:53:12 AM
"Just asking questions" is a classic line.

But it's bullshit

Let's take Farage's "why haven't the police identified the suspect - what is being withheld" question

He should (and does) know the police don't release the details of arrested people for legal reasons. It's always "a 45 year old man from Birmingham" or "a 32 year old from Hackney" . That's all you ever get. And he should know that the restrictions are even tighter for under 18's

If he thought there was something odd, he could use his parliamentary channels to find out, which wlukd be much more effective than posting a question twitter.

By asking his question he is taking a completely normal part of our legal process and twisting something sinister.

Let's try this.

"Why is Nick's avatar a small child? - what is he trying to signal? Why would a normal man use a child cartoon as a profile picture? I'm not saying he's into kids, just asking a question"

(for avoidance of doubt, I am not accusing Nick of anything - his profile picture is perfectly fine, C&H is a wonderful series)

See, I can insinuate loads but as soon as challanged go "just asking a question" and even double down - "what have you got to hide?"

Farage knew exactly what he was doing, and what he was doing was making violence more likely.
Would you like to put a timeline on this?

BeElBeeBub

"Just asking questions" is a classic line.

But it's bullshit 

Let's take Farage's "why haven't the police identified the suspect - what is being withheld" question

He should (and does) know the police don't release the details of arrested people for legal reasons. It's always "a 45 year old man from Birmingham" or "a 32 year old from Hackney" . That's all you ever get. And he should know that the restrictions are even tighter for under 18's

If he thought there was something odd, he could use his parliamentary channels to find out, which wlukd be much more effective than posting a question twitter. 

By asking his question he is taking a completely normal part of our legal process and twisting something sinister. 

Let's try this.

"Why is Nick's avatar a small child? - what is he trying to signal? Why would a normal man use a child cartoon as a profile picture? I'm not saying he's into kids, just asking a question"

(for avoidance of doubt, I am not accusing Nick of anything - his profile picture is perfectly fine, C&H is a wonderful series) 

See, I can insinuate loads but as soon as challanged go "just asking a question" and even double down - "what have you got to hide?" 

Farage knew exactly what he was doing, and what he was doing was making violence more likely.