They didn't stop the boats.

Started by T00ts, August 04, 2024, 05:07:01 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 05, 2024, 12:44:58 PM
The "concerned citizens" line keeps being trotted out.

Why are these citizens concerned?

Is it because they habe been fed a steady diet of misinformation for a decade or more?

A major concern of these citizens are the boat crossings.

"Stop the small boats!"

People talk of "invasions" and "hordes".

Yet they are a fraction of the total inward migration - similar in magnitude to the number of British citizens immigrating back to the UK.
The small boats are just one part of uncontrolled immigration Bellbud but are for some an easy to go to indication of successive governments failure to deal with it .
Your pictures of the papers front pages is like a bingo card and though as we know the headline rarely supports the content of the story you just know there is a winning line in there somewhere 

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2024, 10:12:21 AM
I am not falling for anything. Successive governments have failed to address the very real concerns that concerned citizens have about mass immigration that has caused serious social problems, like lack of housing.
Their peaceful protests and demonstrations have been hijacked by criminals intent on causing mayhem and carry out criminal acts. (This is nothing new it has happened several times in the past.)
Anyone who thinks that concerned citizens do not comprise the minority, but the majority and tarring them all with label "far right," is insulting many millions of people.
Successive governments have dug their own hole over the issue and scapegoating does not address the majority legitimate concerns about mass immigration.
The criminals who have highjacked the legitimate protest are but a side-show to the problem.
You are talking obvious shit. It is obvious that the riots are the main event and not some sort of sideshow.

Concerned citizens are nowhere near these riots except in your own head, just a bunch of racist thugs and criminals.

The fact that a British citizen born and bred here who is not even a Muslim but does happen to be black is being used as the excuse tells you all you need to know. This is just an excuse by racist scum to do what they are doing.

And you and Streetwalker are here acting as apologists for them, with all your crap about the righteous anger of the people. You sound like Josef Goebbels trying to justify Kristalnacht, the pair of you, and are an absolute disgrace.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 05, 2024, 01:06:24 PM
Thats why I said nobody has been arrested to date ,though maybe I should have been more specific and said Charged to date . Being released on Police bail means no decision has been made to charge them and as far as Im aware that 'released on police bail' means they are  un-arrested .
It means that like everyone else who is suspected of having committed a crime - charged or not - they are innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law.

There is however a functional reason why they might not be charged just yet. The police might want to question them further in the light of new evidence. Once a suspect has been charged with a crime the police are not allowed to question that person further on the crime he has been charged with. They can continue to look for evidence but they cannot question him further. Which is why releasing suspects on bail is often the preferred option initially. It is highly likely that some of those released on bail will be charged later after further questioning in the light of more evidence.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 05, 2024, 11:04:53 AM
It was the spark that lit the flame not what built the fire

As Papa has said the demonstrations were a long time coming as societal problems built up . Housing and lack of investment in our infrastructure that hasn't kept up with our growing population . Recent immigrant problems have come to a head , stabbings of a Postmen in London and a Soldier in Kent by black knifemen , Romani burning buses and police cars in Leeds  and the Manchester airport ruck that left three coppers needing hospital treatment and one of them up on charges . No Pakistani thug has been arrested over that incident to date .

So I can (unlike the labour party) see why people are questioning the direction the Labour party are taking us . They take the knee in front of BLM protests about injustice yet throw that same injustice in spades at the general (white ) population . They are doing nothing about mass immigration ,they are doing nothing about the boats crossing the channel and their first policies are to steal money from OAP's and those wanting a decent education for their children .Too right people have the hump .Every government for the last 15 years has said they will reduce immigration and every single one of them has increased it
Unfortunately those seeking violence have seen an opportunity as they always do when they see a place they can hide . Its much the same as the football hooligans of the 70's and 80's ,a minority that branded all that went through the turnstiles .Likewise the vast majority of concerned citizens are not politically of the 'far right' but its easy for the far left to brand them as such as it shuts down the debate and the problems that they will have to address if they are going to win over the 80% of the people that did not vote for them
Amy fire built upon outright lies peddled by hatemongers is something that needs to be crushed and the rioters dealt with by the full weight of the law. I will waste no time sympathising with them.

They didn't even have enough sense to wait until an actual muslim or asylum seeker did something before rioting against them. The spark that lit the fire was racist bigotry built upon lies.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on August 05, 2024, 12:18:39 PM
While I share misgivings over large-scale immigration affecting Europe and the UK, I don't think believing and retelling misinformation and half-truths illustrates true concern.

For instance, you post: the Manchester airport ruck that left three coppers needing hospital treatment and one of them up on charges . No Pakistani thug has been arrested over that incident to date .

But, Police say that all four men arrested during the scenes seen on video remain on police bail, with a live investigation 'very much ongoing'.

On Friday night The Independent Office for Police Conduct said a police constable is under criminal investigation for assault. The IOPC stressed it doesn't necessarily mean criminal charges will follow.

h
ttps://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-update-arrests-after-manchester-29668881
Thats why I said nobody has been arrested to date ,though maybe I should have been more specific and said Charged to date . Being released on Police bail means no decision has been made to charge them and as far as Im aware that 'released on police bail' means they are  un-arrested .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 05, 2024, 12:56:06 PM
And you have been told umpteen times why, your inability to retain the information is your problem.
Nick you can't retain information at all if you don't know it in the first place. (I suggest you start following current affairs  for once in you life.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2024, 12:49:57 PM
The Tories letting legally more people in, in their 14 years in office than arrived in Britain in the last 2000 years is a serious issue with concerned citizens.
And you have been told umpteen times why, your inability to retain the information is your problem. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 05, 2024, 12:44:58 PM

Yet they are a fraction of the total inward migration - similar in magnitude to the number of British citizens immigrating back to the UK.
The Tories letting legally more people in, in their 14 years in office than arrived in Britain in the last 2000 years is a serious issue with concerned citizens.

BeElBeeBub

The "concerned citizens" line keeps being trotted out. 

Why are these citizens concerned? 

Is it because they habe been fed a steady diet of misinformation for a decade or more? 

A major concern of these citizens are the boat crossings.

"Stop the small boats!" 

People talk of "invasions" and "hordes". 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 05, 2024, 12:24:57 PM
I have to ask, did you ever get credible evidence that the MOD land that Tesco wanted was earmarked for storing the bodies of dead pensioners...?
I don't have clue what you are on about. (Seriously.)

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2024, 06:32:39 PM
It is the latest iteration of  "rent a mob," who are not right wing. They just want a chance to injure/kill a police officer, commit arson, and loot shops. (I am surprised no-one official has bothered to explain that to Starmer.)

I have yet to see ANY credible evidence to prove they are right wing.
(A significant number of the various mobs seem to be school children on holiday.)
I have to ask, did you ever get credible evidence that the MOD land that Tesco wanted was earmarked for storing the bodies of dead pensioners...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

As Papa has said the demonstrations were a long time coming as societal problems built up . Housing and lack of investment in our infrastructure that hasn't kept up with our growing population . Recent immigrant problems have come to a head , stabbings of a Postmen in London and a Soldier in Kent by black knifemen , Romani burning buses and police cars in Leeds  and the Manchester airport ruck that left three coppers needing hospital treatment and one of them up on charges . No Pakistani thug has been arrested over that incident to date .

So I can (unlike the labour party) see why people are questioning the direction the Labour party are taking us . They take the knee in front of BLM protests about injustice yet throw that same injustice in spades at the general (white ) population . They are doing nothing about mass immigration ,they are doing nothing about the boats crossing the channel and their first policies are to steal money from OAP's and those wanting a decent education for their children .Too right people have the hump .Every government for the last 15 years has said they will reduce immigration and every single one of them has increased it
Unfortunately those seeking violence have seen an opportunity as they always do when they see a place they can hide . Its much the same as the football hooligans of the 70's and 80's ,a minority that branded all that went through the turnstiles .Likewise the vast majority of concerned citizens are not politically of the 'far right' but its easy for the far left to brand them as such as it shuts down the debate and the problems that they will have to address if they are going to win over the 80% of the people that did not vote for them
While I share misgivings over large-scale immigration affecting Europe and the UK, I don't think believing and retelling misinformation and half-truths illustrates true concern.

For instance, you post: the Manchester airport ruck that left three coppers needing hospital treatment and one of them up on charges . No Pakistani thug has been arrested over that incident to date .

But, Police say that all four men arrested during the scenes seen on video remain on police bail, with a live investigation 'very much ongoing'.

On Friday night The Independent Office for Police Conduct said a police constable is under criminal investigation for assault. The IOPC stressed it doesn't necessarily mean criminal charges will follow.

h
ttps://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-update-arrests-after-manchester-29668881

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

As Papa has said the demonstrations were a long time coming as societal problems built up . 
Frankly I am surprised it has taken this long to manifest.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on August 05, 2024, 09:42:30 AM

Why in any case riot or demonstrate against asylum seekers and muslims in response to the Southport murders when the murderer was neither?
It was the spark that lit the flame not what built the fire 

As Papa has said the demonstrations were a long time coming as societal problems built up . Housing and lack of investment in our infrastructure that hasn't kept up with our growing population . Recent immigrant problems have come to a head , stabbings of a Postmen in London and a Soldier in Kent by black knifemen , Romani burning buses and police cars in Leeds  and the Manchester airport ruck that left three coppers needing hospital treatment and one of them up on charges . No Pakistani thug has been arrested over that incident to date .

So I can (unlike the labour party) see why people are questioning the direction the Labour party are taking us . They take the knee in front of BLM protests about injustice yet throw that same injustice in spades at the general (white ) population . They are doing nothing about mass immigration ,they are doing nothing about the boats crossing the channel and their first policies are to steal money from OAP's and those wanting a decent education for their children .Too right people have the hump .Every government for the last 15 years has said they will reduce immigration and every single one of them has increased it 

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on August 05, 2024, 09:42:30 AM

It is idiots and thickoes being whipped up and organised by a few more intelligent but malign operators for dubious political purposes. And you are falling for it as usual.
I am not falling for anything. Successive governments have failed to address the very real concerns that concerned citizens have about mass immigration that has caused serious social problems, like lack of housing. 
Their peaceful protests and demonstrations have been hijacked by criminals intent on causing mayhem and carry out criminal acts. (This is nothing new it has happened several times in the past.)
Anyone who thinks that concerned citizens do not comprise the minority, but the majority and tarring them all with label "far right," is insulting many millions of people.
Successive governments have dug their own hole over the issue and scapegoating does not address the majority legitimate concerns about mass immigration.
The criminals who have highjacked the legitimate protest are but a side-show to the problem.