They didn't stop the boats.

Started by T00ts, August 04, 2024, 05:07:01 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 06, 2024, 07:25:24 AM
It's on MSM.
Could you provide a link please. I have been trawling through all reporting on those who have appeared in court and I can find no comment about them having any links to an organisation.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on August 06, 2024, 07:41:21 AM
If you've been to Dublin and surrounding area recently you'll see thousands of half built houses where the builder can't afford to finish them. They are literally everywhere.
Thats what Im saying Nick , there has been very little work about all year . The builders can't sell what they have built so can't fund the next project and these muppets in government think we are going to build a million house a month  (or something like that ) . 

Streetwalker

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 05, 2024, 10:03:25 PM
You can't just dump people on a foreign shore.

Say French coastguard ships started arriving at UK ports.with loads of people to offload?. Or even started dumping people on UK beaches.

What would you advocate the UK do? Accept them? Block the French coastguard boats? Use the navy?

Now imagine you are Monsieur Streetwalker from Normandy. What woiod you want the French Navy etc to do when British flagged boats try to drop off loads of migrants?

The irony is, we HAD a solution. We Had and agreement with France and other countries to be able to return anyone who arrived via the EU if they should have claimed asylum there.

But you voted to scrap it so....
If they come from France we can return them to France ,or pushbacks as it is known a tactic used by Australia , Greece and Italy in recent years .  You are creating scenarios that would never happen with regard the French bringing the migrants over .

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 06, 2024, 07:24:23 AM
I would agree the housing policy has been a failure but the reason builders are not building is because they can't sell the homes they build .Councils are not building council houses they are building 'affordable' housing which in reality are buying schemes that people would be mad to get involved with. And they can't sell them either anyway .
The skilled labour is phoning me up every day asking me if I know of any jobs going ,from where I'm sitting all the signs are pointing to recession ,I hope I'm wrong .
If you've been to Dublin and surrounding area recently you'll see thousands of half built houses where the builder can't afford to finish them. They are literally everywhere. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Streetwalker

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 05, 2024, 05:10:15 PM

The housing issue is more down to decades of failed housing policy. We haven't built enough homes, and in particular not enough social housing. Ironically, one of the things currently holding building back is lack of skilled labour - as a good chunk pissed off back to where they came from as requested.
I would agree the housing policy has been a failure but the reason builders are not building is because they can't sell the homes they build .Councils are not building council houses they are building 'affordable' housing which in reality are buying schemes that people would be mad to get involved with. And they can't sell them either anyway .
The skilled labour is phoning me up every day asking me if I know of any jobs going ,from where I'm sitting all the signs are pointing to recession ,I hope I'm wrong .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 06, 2024, 07:18:28 AM
People in custody are members of some organisation called Russicz or something like that. It doesn't get any more right than this.
Where did you glean that from please?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2024, 06:32:39 PM
It is the latest iteration of  "rent a mob," who are not right wing. They just want a chance to injure/kill a police officer, commit arson, and loot shops. (I am surprised no-one official has bothered to explain that to Starmer.)

I have yet to see ANY credible evidence to prove they are right wing.
(A significant number of the various mobs seem to be school children on holiday.)
People in custody are members of some organisation called Russicz or something like that. It doesn't get any more right than this. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 06, 2024, 06:52:41 AM

Its all right for some of you muppets living out in the sticks ,it hardly touches you
The "White Flight," from "multicultural" area does effect the rural area where I live. It is part of the reason there is a housing shortage.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on August 05, 2024, 07:48:35 PM
Denying reality does not enhance your credibility. Of course they were manipulated, by lies about a child murderer being an Arabic asylum seeking Muslim from Syria, none of which was true. And you numpties allowed yourselves to be whipped up into a rage over it, and in doing so shitting all over the memory of those three poor girls. And that truly is both stupid and contemptuous. Shame on you.
I beg your pardon ? Don't associate me with the morons looking for a punch up and a free telly (looting will probably follow) . The reality is that people have voted for parties who have said they will reduce immigration for 15 years . All of them have increased it  . The daily murders of our citizens , the street crime and the high profile sex gangs all of which have high immigrant participation is what fuelled the rage not the murders in Liverpool ,that was just the spark (and I have commented on my disgust of that elsewhere )

Its all right for some of you muppets living out in the sticks ,it hardly touches you , live in one of our major cities and its a very different story .These riots were always going to happen , mass immigration  was never going to work in a country that can't even look after its own people .The shame is on our governments for allowing it 

srb7677

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 05, 2024, 11:07:09 PM
Again, there is no obligation for refugees to seek asylum in the first country they arrived in.

Say you had to flee the UK. You have no visa for the US so can't board a direct flight. By various routes you arrive in mexico. You have links to the US, you speak the language, maybe you have relatives there. You want to claim asylum there not Mexico. What do you do? By your reasoning, you should start learning Mexican and your only reason for trying to claim asylum in the US is economic.

The majority of genuine asylum seekers (and presumably all the economic migrants) want to work. They are forbidden from working and thus from contributing and paying taxes.
What you say is reasonable and logically obvious, but the naysayers and haters out there are not open to reason, nor logic, however obvious. And their compassion is highly selective and largely limited to people they see as being like us, ie white mostly
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on August 05, 2024, 10:42:42 PM
There are NO refugees coming to the U.K. unless through U.K. programs. Anyone else arriving here is an economic migrant, after crossing at least 6 safe countries. As I have pointed out in another thread, anyone coming here after fleeing persecution are welcome, as are those wanting to work and pay taxes (if required). As Brexiteers have always pointed out, CONTROLLED IMMIGRATION.
Again, there is no obligation for refugees to seek asylum in the first country they arrived in.

Say you had to flee the UK. You have no visa for the US so can't board a direct flight. By various routes you arrive in mexico. You have links to the US, you speak the language, maybe you have relatives there. You want to claim asylum there not Mexico. What do you do? By your reasoning, you should start learning Mexican and your only reason for trying to claim asylum in the US is economic.

The majority of genuine asylum seekers (and presumably all the economic migrants) want to work. They are forbidden from working and thus from contributing and paying taxes. 

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on August 05, 2024, 09:33:21 PM
I do not disagree with you, but nevertheless maintain that faster processing of claims can only be a good thing, because this will mean the genuine ones being integrated into the economy much more quickly and the failed ones being deported much more quickly.

I acknowledge that the problem is international but our ability to process claims of people arriving here isn't. It is something we can do ourselves just by investing sufficient resources to do the job reasonably quickly
There are NO refugees coming to the U.K. unless through U.K. programs. Anyone else arriving here is an economic migrant, after crossing at least 6 safe countries. As I have pointed out in another thread, anyone coming here after fleeing persecution are welcome, as are those wanting to work and pay taxes (if required). As Brexiteers have always pointed out, CONTROLLED IMMIGRATION. 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 05, 2024, 07:03:54 PM
We tow them back to France and leave  them up on the beach . If the French don't like it tough we can deal with them  after . It will take about three days before the message gets through that they are wasting their time and money .
We have plenty of clout Posty ,but leaders with little backbone .
You can't just dump people on a foreign shore. 

Say French coastguard ships started arriving at UK ports.with loads of people to offload?. Or even started dumping people on UK beaches.

What would you advocate the UK do? Accept them? Block the French coastguard boats? Use the navy?

Now imagine you are Monsieur Streetwalker from Normandy. What woiod you want the French Navy etc to do when British flagged boats try to drop off loads of migrants?

The irony is, we HAD a solution. We Had and agreement with France and other countries to be able to return anyone who arrived via the EU if they should have claimed asylum there.

But you voted to scrap it so.... 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 05, 2024, 06:56:45 PM
Im here to be corrected if Im wrong .....but .......... There seems to be different ways this pans out . You mention the BBC pedo Edwards  . He could be /was released on police bail as he had pleaded guilty and charged under the offence he committed . The Pakistani lads were released on police bail and not charged so were de-arrested . You cant be under arrest for more than 24 hours without charge under normal circumstances
Huw Edwards was arrested and then released on police bail in November 2023. He was charged with indecent images of children in July 2024, then plead guilty just a few days ago.

Bring de-arrested is different. That is when the thing you were arrested for turns out to be null.
Say you were arrested because the police thought you were someone else.. When they get to the station, after a few hours it becomes clear you are not whoever they think you are, then you are de-arrested.

As you point out, you can usually only be held for 24h, unless there are some extensions applicable eg terrorism. Sometimes it takes more than 24hrs to gather the evidence needed, or even just to make a decision on whether to charge you.  So the solution is police bail. They let you go, sometimes under some conditions, whilst they continue their work. 

So whoever is released on police bail is still under suspicion, whilst someone de-arrested isn't (for that offense - you can still be arrested for something else as George Micheal found out)