Musk ramps up war of words with Starmer after 'civil war' comments dismissed

Started by SKY News, August 06, 2024, 07:10:43 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 08, 2024, 11:30:19 AM
Well back on topic I think this Musk fella has become a bit too big for his boots . Being rich and owning one of the worlds well known social media platforms doesn't give him or shouldn't give him the voice he thinks he has . 
It also does not make him immune to the law.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Well back on topic I think this Musk fella has become a bit too big for his boots . Being rich and owning one of the worlds well known social media platforms doesn't give him or shouldn't give him the voice he thinks he has . The bloke is basically a university drop out who got very lucky at  the start of the IT takeoff .

His political opinion that he of course is entitled to have is worth as much as you think it is . For me its worth nothing .

Unless he wants to come on here and I might change my mind . 8)

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 07, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
Katie Hopkins has undergone major brain surgery for epilepsy so perhaps she can be forgiven a lot.

Hopkins' social media presence and outspoken views, especially on migrants and race. A former employer, MailOnline, had to pay significant damages to a Muslim family whom she had falsely accused of  extremist links. Hopkins was also required to pay damages and legal costs to food writer Jack Monroe for defamatory remarks on Twitter X.

I can't, try as I might, manage to raise your online presence to even Katie Hopkins' level of damage and irritation...
If you post anywhere online and use certain words or phrases or combinations of words it can be detected and flagged by bank of super computers used by a government agency doing continuous 24/7/365 checking.
I could but won't put on here one word followed by a number and it will be flagged. (Past experience of merely asking a simple question, and getting a VERY angry response as to precisely how I knew about it.) 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 07, 2024, 05:28:42 PM
Well it appears Katie Hopkins could be arrested. So I am keeping out of it.
Katie Hopkins has undergone major brain surgery for epilepsy so perhaps she can be forgiven a lot.

Hopkins' social media presence and outspoken views, especially on migrants and race. A former employer, MailOnline, had to pay significant damages to a Muslim family whom she had falsely accused of  extremist links. Hopkins was also required to pay damages and legal costs to food writer Jack Monroe for defamatory remarks on Twitter X.

I can't, try as I might, manage to raise your online presence to even Katie Hopkins' level of damage and irritation...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 07, 2024, 07:49:47 PM
Do you reckon your current moniker ranks you as a "social media influencer", even from the wilds of the West Country...?
It does not matter where you live or who you are:-

Labour may have renamed it DSIT:-

3385 (parliament.uk)

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 07, 2024, 06:00:00 PM
People don't tend to be arrested for airing their opinions unless they are inciting somethings, she tends to say what the masses are thinking. I neither like or dislike her, but I do agree with a lot of what she says.
Nick have you watched any news bulletins  recently? Or read anything she has written or  said recently?

'Nowhere to hide' for influencers behind disorder - top prosecutor - BBC News

The director of public prosecutions says his teams will consider seeking the extradition of social media influencers allegedly playing a role in the violent disorder gripping the UK from abroad.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 07, 2024, 05:28:42 PM
People don't tend to be arrested for airing their opinions unless they are inciting somethings, she tends to say what the masses are thinking. I neither like or dislike her, but I do agree with a lot of what she says. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 07, 2024, 05:12:26 PM
Neither man-child Elon Musk nor the PM control social media yet — nor should anyone be afraid of the current laws when posting legit opinions — so I don't follow your concerns.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 07, 2024, 09:30:51 AM
Frankly I cannot comment, for reasons of my own safety and security.
Neither man-child Elon Musk nor the PM control social media yet — nor should anyone be afraid of the current laws when posting legit opinions — so I don't follow your concerns.

However, I am pleased you appear to be many miles away from me an my family, because being close to anyone who posts as many deranged ideas as you would be a great cause for concern...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 07, 2024, 09:41:57 AM
lol lol lol

Nick if you bothered to keep up with news and current affairs, currently one has to be careful what you say and write. 

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 07, 2024, 09:27:40 AM
Im sure you will be fine Papa , fill your boots ........
Frankly I cannot comment, for reasons of my own safety and security.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 06, 2024, 07:29:47 PM
I find myself in a position of not being able to comment on the thread starter, as in the current climate I could end up being arrested.
Im sure you will be fine Papa , fill your boots ........

papasmurf

I find myself in a position of not being able to comment on the thread starter, as in the current climate I could end up being arrested.