Main Menu

Heavy handed?

Started by T00ts, August 09, 2024, 06:03:10 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 13, 2024, 06:19:50 PM
Did he smash up anything?  From what I recall, he was just carrying a bat of some kind, although the media didn't say whether it was a cricket bat or a child's plastic bat.
Was he hoping a game of cricket broke out? 🤦 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 13, 2024, 07:50:10 PM
Smurf you aren't a bad person but you are a cantankerous old sod who  cannot stand ever being told you're wrong..

I've known you a long time and on a forum now long defunct and well over a decade ago you were arguing with another poster about when you could pick truffles and insisted you were right all based on your regular trips to Brittany.

So I contacted the French tourist agency who put their expert on to me who gave me chapter and verse in an email which I put on the thread which you dismissed as all lies lol.
I have never mentioned truffles on ANY internet forum, because I do not like them. So there is something badly wrong with you memory. (Plus France is not Brittany.) Also there are no  truffles in Brittany it is the wrong area.
Truffles are found in Burgundy, Dordogne, Provence Champagne-Ardenne, Franche-Comte, and Lorraine.
Britain as a description does not include NI, which is why I used Britain.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 07:22:10 PM
Yes I did, deliberately. That you did not understand my precision is not my problem. My point still stands, tear gas, baton rounds, water cannon have not been used in Britain, (British Mainland by definition.) That is not because police British police do not have access to tear gas and baton rounds, and the riot guns used to deploy them. They do. The L104A1/A2 37mm riot gun is in the possession of many British police forces. 
Smurf you aren't a bad person but you are a cantankerous old sod who  cannot stand ever being told you're wrong..

I've known you a long time and on a forum now long defunct and well over a decade ago you were arguing with another poster about when you could pick truffles and insisted you were right all based on your regular trips to Brittany.

So I contacted the French tourist agency who put their expert on to me who gave me chapter and verse in an email which I put on the thread which you dismissed as all lies lol.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 13, 2024, 06:54:08 PM
Yeah of course you did ;D
Yes I did, deliberately. That you did not understand my precision is not my problem. My point still stands, tear gas, baton rounds, water cannon have not been used in Britain, (British Mainland by definition.) That is not because police British police do not have access to tear gas and baton rounds, and the riot guns used to deploy them. They do. The  L104A1/A2 37mm riot gun is in the possession of many British police forces.  

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 06:49:10 PM
I was not proven wrong you were. I used Britain deliberately as it does not include Northern Ireland.
Yeah of course you did ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 13, 2024, 06:32:12 PM
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,I know you love splitting hairs when proved wrong,stands by for an excuse of a post to justify.:P
I was not proven wrong you were. I used Britain deliberately as it does not include Northern Ireland.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 03:47:34 PM
NI is not Britain.
The UK, Britain, Great Britain, The British Isles, England - what's the difference? (historic-uk.com)
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,I know you love splitting hairs when proved wrong,stands by for an excuse of a post to justify.:P

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 05:34:00 PM
I was commenting about anti-vaxxers, whose lies and propaganda was a social menace.
Where you get:- "The jury is still out over whether it did anything at all." you really do need to explain.
More at link:-

Who's eligible for the 2024 COVID-19 vaccine, or 'Spring Booster'? – UK Health Security Agency (blog.gov.uk)

According to
World Health Organization data, 400,000 lives in England are estimated to have been saved up to March 2023 due to the COVID-19 vaccine programme.

I bet you didn't even try to investigate this WHO claim, or look at the evidence, did you?  The WHO has a conflict of interest, and therefore biased in favour of vaccination.  You really should look into the claims before you make them.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 13, 2024, 01:23:47 PM
One of them from Southport is 69 years old and now in prison for 3 years. Smashing up his own town. Lunacy.

Did he smash up anything?  From what I recall, he was just carrying a bat of some kind, although the media didn't say whether it was a cricket bat or a child's plastic bat.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2024, 06:24:05 PM
No I do not agree he is more authoritarian than the Tories. 

And yet 2-tier Keir was asking for MORE laws to stop protests which he doesn't want to hear.    More than what the Tories were asking for, or enacted.  🤔

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 13, 2024, 05:25:14 PM
Can you explain how people who declined Covid jabs were a danger to society?
The reason I ask is because the jabs neither prevented the contraction or transmission of the virus.
The jury is still out over whether it did anything at all.

Regarding proper vaccinations, such as MMR, polio for example, I know that a high take up is good as these proper vaccinations actually prevent people catching the disease.
I was commenting about anti-vaxxers, whose lies and propaganda was a social menace.
Where you get:- "The jury is still out over whether it did anything at all." you really do need to explain.
More at link:-

Who's eligible for the 2024 COVID-19 vaccine, or 'Spring Booster'? – UK Health Security Agency (blog.gov.uk)

According to 
World Health Organization data, 400,000 lives in England are estimated to have been saved up to March 2023 due to the COVID-19 vaccine programme.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on August 11, 2024, 04:08:54 PM
Not at all, I agreed with Starmer then and I still do. Frankly anti-vaxxers are danger to society.
Can you explain how people who declined Covid jabs were a danger to society?
The reason I ask is because the jabs neither prevented the contraction or transmission of the virus.
The jury is still out over whether it did anything at all.

Regarding proper vaccinations, such as MMR, polio for example, I know that a high take up is good as these proper vaccinations actually prevent people catching the disease. 
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 03:24:49 PM
Quite, in Britain no rioters have been shot, tear gassed and/or had baton rounds fired at them, or had water cannon deployed against them.
If you include NI that's not true

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 13, 2024, 03:16:58 PM

As an aside, if Americans are laughing at the UK, they are obviously failing to notice how most of the rest of the world is amused and laughing at the way their weird political and legal systems are unravelling...
Quite, in Britain no rioters have been shot, tear gassed and/or had baton rounds fired at them, or had water cannon deployed against them.